PDA

View Full Version : Dead Man

Psyco
06-14-2005, 02:31 AM
This game seems to have a corralation with the movie "Dead Man"
Johnny Depp plays William Blake, a novelest and a poet who is looking for a fresh start. Alan Wake rhymes with William Blake and Alan Wake is also a novelest who moved to a small Washington town(where I live) to take a break and start over and move on from his previous relationship. William Blake, within the first half hour of the film, meets a new lady. Alan Wake also meets a new women that lookes almost just like the last woman Wake knew. The big thing about all this is a poem that William Blake wrote. " Some are born to swept the light and others are born to endless night." Or in some other variation in the movie "Dead Man." The teaser for Alan Wake was " Some are born to the light... and some are born to endless night." Or in some other variation. Wierd huh? "Dead Man" is a very good movie and I recommend that you watch it. Rent or buy either way a very good movie with many meanings to it. Well thought I'd let you people know. Thanks

Valhalla
06-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the info, i'll check that movie out.

In my opinion, Alan Wake really could be a ''dead man" Maybe the concept is from the movie Sixth Sense. Think about it ;)

jared14
06-15-2005, 01:46 PM
That shows some definite similarities, especially with the part "Some are born to swept the light and others are born to endless night." I'm suprised that I never heard about Dead Man before.

The1wayman
06-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Is that the Secret window movie, Johnny deep plays also i writer?

DEATH eVADER
06-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Is that the Secret window movie, Johnny deep plays also i writer?

No, this is some different movie.

Have you noticed Blake rhymes with Wake, I think I might be onto something

[Edit]Sorry, didn't read the first post properly

jester131
03-31-2007, 06:29 PM
Well, i'd like to correct your excerpt of the poem by William Blake (Auguries of Innocence).

It's not...
Some are born to swept the light and others are born to endless night.

... but:
---------------------------
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born,
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.

Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night.
----------------------------

you can find the whole poem at http://www.artofeurope.com/blake/bla3.htm

And by the way, Dead Man is certainly a very good movie - i can just recommend it.

Even if my english is not that good, i can tell that this poem by William Blake is really good and i would recommend you to read it, even if your not interested in poems. The association of Alan Wake with William Blake and "Dead Man" is quite cool, I think.

PS: this is my first post on Alan Wake Forums, greetings ;)

Wolfheart
05-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Dead Man is a good movie. Very good actually. This just makes it all the more exciting.

Kahr
05-01-2007, 08:33 PM
I have to check this out.

Wolfheart
05-02-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm pretty sure it's:

Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.

(In Dead Man that is)

EDIT: Oops... somebody already fixed that.