PDA

View Full Version : Some questions from a new guy

SicKno
05-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey everyone, i just joined this forum. Been lurking for a while though.
Finished the game for the second time today on Nightmare, though i didn`t really notice any difference in the difficulty. It`s a pretty easy game. Anyway i have some question i really can`t figure out so if you guys can help me with this it would be great:D

#1 What the hell is Mr scratch all about? I know he`s a doppelganger of Alan Wake, but why would he even need a doppelganger? Couldn`t he have written that Alice and he both surfaced from the depth of the lake and live happily ever after? And if not (since i learned very vaguely that the story would need some sacrifices and even the hero is never safe) then why the need for a doppelganger? He could have just sacrificed himself in order to save Alice and not have the need for Mr scratch.

#2 If Tom wrote the part about Alan being 7 years old and getting the clicker from his mom, does that mean that Alan isn`t real at all? That Tom created him? Or is it the other way around where Wake is real but created Tom by writing him and writes that Tom writes about Alan and the clicker? This kind of stuff is hard to figure out.

#3 At the end where Wake starts to write the ending for the story, time turns backwards and he`s at the cabin again diving after Alice. Does this mean that he actually wrote about time going backwards for the ending or did he just write an ending to that part and so everything after episode 1 never happened?

#4 What exactly did Hartman want with Wake? I mean i know Hartman wanted Wake to write so Hartman could shape the world as he wanted. But the only place to make the stories come true was at the cabin by the lake. In his room at Cauldron Lodge whatever Wake would have written wouldn`t have come true anyway. Atleast that`s what i gathered from the information i had.

There`s more questions i have, but let`s try these for now. Hope someone can ansert them:D

Pauloselhombre
05-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Most of these questions are still being debate in the 'Ending Theories' thread, but I can answer that last one for you. It's not just the cabin where writing comes true, it's pretty much anywhere close enough to the lake, the Lodge included. It takes a writer with a strong enough creative spark, a 'gift' of sorts for it to really work, and not many of the 'patients' seem to have that.

SicKno
05-26-2010, 01:00 AM
Most of these questions are still being debate in the 'Ending Theories' thread, but I can answer that last one for you. It's not just the cabin where writing comes true, it's pretty much anywhere close enough to the lake, the Lodge included. It takes a writer with a strong enough creative spark, a 'gift' of sorts for it to really work, and not many of the 'patients' seem to have that.

Thanx. Will check that thread out right away. Never thought those queastion were being debated. The fact that people are still talking about it, means what great of a game this really is:D

Kahr
05-26-2010, 01:50 AM
Since everything is being discussed in the "Ending Theories" thread, I'll lock this one. Go here instead:
http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=3669