PDA

View Full Version : anyone else who haven't got their code yet?

Pages : [1] 2 3

SierraJohn117
07-27-2010, 10:05 PM
republic of ireland...still no email, anyone else or is this just me?

CrazyCougar
07-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Codes will be received as long as your email is valid. All codes should be received with 24-48 hours.

SierraJohn117
07-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Codes will be received as long as your email is valid. All codes should be received with 24-48 hours.

so, you got your code?

cause im just asking maybe MS is screwing europe again like they did with the halo reach beta, alot of americans from other forums say that got their code, already finished the DLC and already making reviews, just saying you know, i traded in mass effect 2 for alan wake ( i already finished it 3 times so dont fret), and im just a little pissed about getting it late and i bought it on the first day and all......

CrazyCougar
07-27-2010, 10:39 PM
I got a code for editorial purposes last week.

While the logic of MS distributing codes region by region does make sense and the states getting the emails first, I can assure you that its not done this way with any intent to "screw" another region of the world. Hands down, this was a screw up from the get go with the wording on the printed cards. What is holding up the process is the fact that some people actually were able to grab the DLC for some reason last night while most couldn't.

So now they have to filter out who did and didnt get it. Folks in the states (that are not a part of media) did not get the DLC early last night hence it being easy to distribute to them. But not all in the states have even received their codes yet.

SierraJohn117
07-27-2010, 11:15 PM
I got a code for editorial purposes last week.

While the logic of MS distributing codes region by region does make sense and the states getting the emails first, I can assure you that its not done this way with any intent to "screw" another region of the world. Hands down, this was a screw up from the get go with the wording on the printed cards. What is holding up the process is the fact that some people actually were able to grab the DLC for some reason last night while most couldn't.

So now they have to filter out who did and didnt get it. Folks in the states (that are not a part of media) did not get the DLC early last night hence it being easy to distribute to them. But not all in the states have even received their codes yet.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/alanwake/forum.html?board_id=m-1-928006&pid=928006

relevant

CrazyCougar
07-28-2010, 01:34 AM
Ok, you lost me by sending me to the Gamespot forum.

Tonez
07-28-2010, 05:03 AM
I'm in Australia and also haven't received my codes.

thin029
07-28-2010, 05:15 AM
I'm in the US and haven't received my code. How weird is that!

x Divinus
07-28-2010, 07:33 AM
UK here and no code.

Danny_HR
07-28-2010, 08:17 AM
UK - No code yet.

GrandDevil
07-28-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm from Copenhagen, Denmark and I haven't received the DLC codes either.

MestV
07-28-2010, 10:18 AM
From Flanders, Belgium. Also still expecting the code

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Uk, still havent gotten it, it seems you have a point about that Europe thing :/

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Although i fear i might have deleted it :( Because i was expecting it on the wrong email, so i deleted all of my spam in the email it is supposed to be sent to, then i realised it was te other email, and i find it nowhere, and its the 28th I hope theres a way to ask the to send one more, if they already sent it

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 11:16 AM
i hate MS so much

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Ok, you lost me by sending me to the Gamespot forum.

why? you said alot of people haven't got their code yet, even though like 50 people in gamespot forums are already playing, and or finished the dlc

Danny_HR
07-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Before visiting the forums yesterday i sent an enquiry about this issue to the support team on xbox site.

This is the reply:

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support.

Kindly be informed that if you have redeemed the code before today, you should have received a video instead of the game add-on and you require a replacement code. You will not have access to the Signal until your receive the code.
Within the next 24 to 48 hours you will receive the e-mail with the replacement code. If you did not receive the code by the 29th of July, please contact us by phone. Our contact details can be found in the web link below.

Kind regards

Sally

So this is basically it, it should get to all of us that didnt receive it yet within 24 hours from now.

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Before visiting the forums yesterday i sent an enquiry about this issue to the support team on xbox site.

This is the reply:

So this is basically it, it should get to all of us that didnt receive it yet within 24 hours from now.

Hopefully you'r right :) I'm so bored today, and i'm doing absolutely nothing, my alan wake case is sitting on the table hoping to be picked up XD And so if we dont get it by tomorrow...we call xbox?

kRypt0nium
07-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Finland here, no code yet. Remedy should have used some other type of system for the DLC redistribution. MS dropped the ball on this one.

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Hopefully you'r right :) I'm so bored today, and i'm doing absolutely nothing, my alan wake case is sitting on the table hoping to be picked up XD And so if we dont get it by tomorrow...we call xbox?

wtf, they said we were gonna get the code in 24 hours, 24 hours ago

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Finland here, no code yet. Remedy should have used some other type of system for the DLC redistribution. MS dropped the ball on this one.

Agreed, perhaps they could have asked us to enter our code again? or Send them our code by email , they confirm if it was one of the codes sent out with the game, and then give us the code or DLC

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 01:54 PM

yes, how hard is it to just send a mass email? hell, i can send 40+ email birthday invitations on my laptop, why cant the worlds richest company do it?, i mean, they have our emails and everything, WHY CANT THEY DO IT,

but really, i think that MS or remedy just copied the system of bad company 2, where it automatically detects if you bought the game used or not, that would have been much easier and i would be playing the game right now :mad:

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 01:56 PM
wtf, they said we were gonna get the code in 24 hours, 24 hours ago

I didn't say that

This is the reply:

And as i said earlier, i have a feeling i deleted mine...because in my spam box on my email, all i have is things from the 27th, and when it was the 26th for all of us here, it was the 27th in the USA. Meaning that we should have probably gotten our codes yesterday....and i probably deleted it

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 01:57 PM
I didn't say that

eh, i was actually replying to the post you quoted, oh well

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 01:58 PM
this is all such a hassle :( I wish i could just email remedy or MS and tell them my gamertag, give them my code. and then thats it

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 01:58 PM
eh, i was actually replying to the post you quoted, oh well

hehe sorry

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 02:00 PM
this is all such a hassle :( I wish i could just email remedy or MS and tell them my gamertag, give them my code. and then thats it

ya, i know, i mean, i can just go impatient and buy the DLC for 5 euros but i was promised free DLC

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 02:00 PM
hehe sorry

its ok ,lol

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 02:06 PM
ya, i know, i mean, i can just go impatient and buy the DLC for 5 euros but i was promised free DLC

exactly, thats probably what they want us to do :p

MikkiRMD
07-28-2010, 02:14 PM
yes, how hard is it to just send a mass email? hell, i can send 40+ email birthday invitations on my laptop, why cant the worlds richest company do it?, i mean, they have our emails and everything, WHY CANT THEY DO IT,

Well, why don't you try sending, say, 100 000+ e-mail birthday invitations and see how that works out for you. =) I'm not trying to be glib, but you should bear in mind that there's a difference of several orders of magnitude here.

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Well, why don't you try sending, say, 100 000+ e-mail birthday invitations and see how that works out for you. =) I'm not trying to be glib, but you should bear in mind that there's a difference of several orders of magnitude here.

He is right :) I don't think it's very easy, because they do also have to figure out who already got their dlc and who entered the code early, but you have to understand MikkiRMD, its quite frustrating that all of us here haven't gotten our DLC code's yet :( and i still think i might have deleted my replacement email

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 02:27 PM

why dont YOU?

Maver21
07-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Still no Code received, :(:( here in the netherlands :cry:

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Still no Code received, :(:( here in the netherlands :cry:

yes me too, MS should be more organized

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 03:13 PM
anyone got their code yet?

Cyberdeku
07-28-2010, 03:22 PM

And why don't MS start sending the e-mails a few days ago? It's cool be the last on play the DLC :flame:

PS: Sorry for my english and, of course, no codes here in Spain.

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 03:28 PM
And why don't MS start sending the e-mails a few days ago? It's cool be the last on play the DLC :flame:

PS: Sorry for my english and, of course, no codes here in Spain.

Me personally i dont care how late i get it, (obviousley not more than 1 or 2 weeks) but i dont really care if i play it on release date or a few days later. I just want it

lowrider007
07-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Nothing here yet either, how hard is it to whack out a bunch of emails, companies do it all the time, I'll be very surprised if I actually receive my DLC code for this game, this is the thanks you get for purchasing the game day one for Ł40 trying to support the dev's.

MikkiRMD
07-28-2010, 03:50 PM
And why don't MS start sending the e-mails a few days ago?

Because then many people would enter the code too early AGAIN.

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 03:51 PM

XD I was thinking the same thing

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 04:07 PM
well..i think im done with checking for today, im just going to go play some team fortress 2

Remain inFAMOUS
07-28-2010, 04:08 PM
me as well its lame i wanna play it

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 04:12 PM

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/648/24022010008.jpg (http://img827.imageshack.us/i/24022010008.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

i dont see any date on the card

lowrider007
07-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Well here is my game with the receipt just for proof, I buy most of my games new and keep the receipts,

http://i25.tinypic.com/2141mon.jpg

I could of waited a couple of weeks and purchased the game for far less.

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Well here is my game with the receipt just for proof, I buy most of my games new and keep the receipts,

http://i25.tinypic.com/2141mon.jpg

I could of waited a couple of weeks and purchased the game for far less.

me too, waited until its like 35-below and just bought the signal separately, but i didn't

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 04:21 PM
this was taken via HD camera so you can read teh writing and i can assure you, there is no date on the card ,it just says the code and what it is

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5002/24022010009.jpg (http://img710.imageshack.us/i/24022010009.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

CrazyCougar
07-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Sierra, thanks for posting pictures of the card, front and back. Thats the first I have had a chance to actually see one. Very much appreciated.

I am not sure why anyone would argue that there was a date on the card when the DLC Date was not even announced until the end of May or so. Long after these cards were printed I am sure. "Available this Summer" is a little something, but it can be interpreted in many ways.

Microsoft was prepared for people to redeem these early hence the video telling you that you would get a code via email when the DLC launched. But I personally think the problem is in the fact that some people were able to reuse codes even after they were invalid and some folks were able to download the DLC through other methods even before it was available. This in turn threw a whole wrench in the email system as now they have to figure out who got the DLC and who didn't out of the people that were to originally just get a second code.

Hope that makes sense, and again its just an assumption because I am not behind closed doors at Microsoft.

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Sierra, thanks for posting pictures of the card, front and back. Thats the first I have had a chance to actually see one. Very much appreciated.

I am not sure why anyone would argue that there was a date on the card when the DLC Date was not even announced until the end of May or so. Long after these cards were printed I am sure. "Available this Summer" is a little something, but it can be interpreted in many ways.

Microsoft was prepared for people to redeem these early hence the video telling you that you would get a code via email when the DLC launched. But I personally think the problem is in the fact that some people were able to reuse codes even after they were invalid and some folks were able to download the DLC through other methods even before it was available. This in turn threw a whole wrench in the email system as now they have to figure out who got the DLC and who didn't out of the people that were to originally just get a second code.

Hope that makes sense, and again its just an assumption because I am not behind closed doors at Microsoft.

well its getting kinda late here...so hopefully its gonna come soon so i can play it in the dark :D I love playing these kinda games in the dark, especiially if the dlc is gonna be like the part in alan wake where [spoilers] You're escaping the cabin, and that ball of metal thing smashes through the door and comes after you, that part is freaky as hell. iwas like oooooh shit RUN!

I TheGoverner I
07-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Still not recieved mine neither lads . i was told 24 hours ago i would recieve it i waited nearly 2 months for this and this is what happens, my luck. If we i dont get it tomorrow hope admins tell us how to get in touch with MS. Hope this is resolved by tomorrow, im fed up of seeing all friends on list playing it.

Frapulos
07-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by MikkiRMD

XD I was thinking the same thing

If MS/Remedy didn't want p[eeps entering their code early then why did they attach a 500MB interview vid to it?

On topic - i bought my copy of AW on release day here in the UK and redeemed my code about a fortnight later - end of May.
I've just rung up Xbox customer services and they told me that they had an update - codes will continue to be sent out on Thursday 29th (and they told me i should get mine then).

So sit tight peeps - i'm sure it'll be worth the wait - it's not the end of the bloody world.
In the meantime i'm off to play Limbo..... ta ra !

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 06:11 PM

ok, ok, that does clear something up, just saying you know, a year before, a game called bad company 2 was released and they had a system which automatically knows if you bought the game used or not, im gonna go play some halo to pass the time and hopefully get the email k?

MestV
07-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Gothdamnit!!! Just got my Msn saying "new e-mail from Xbox". I jumped in joy, opening my mailbox..AND.... "welcome to your xbox newsletter"OW COMMON!!! Alan wake is a suspensefull game, agreed on that... but please, know your limits over there MS XD

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Gothdamnit!!! Just got my Msn saying "new e-mail from Xbox". I jumped in joy, opening my mailbox..AND.... "welcome to your xbox newsletter"OW COMMON!!! Alan wake is a suspensefull game, agreed on that... but please, know your limits over there MS XD

haha same thing happened to me, but i was expecting something titles alan wake or remedy, and i got the alan wake notification for this forum XD

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 06:23 PM
i just hope that mine is arriving late instead of early and me deleting it :(

olliet101
07-28-2010, 06:31 PM
I still haven't got my code, although someone gave me one this morning (again, thank you!) so I've already played it. If and when I get a code, which is looking increasingly like tomorrow at this rate, and someone still hasn't got their code, I will send them mine. I will let people know when I've got my code, and well I don't know, it'll probably be the first person to PM me.

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 06:33 PM
I still haven't got my code, although someone gave me one this morning (again, thank you!) so I've already played it. If and when I get a code, which is looking increasingly like tomorrow at this rate, and someone still hasn't got their code, I will send them mine. I will let people know when I've got my code, and well I don't know, it'll probably be the first person to PM me.

You are an awesome person! :D

dalegt4
07-28-2010, 06:37 PM
i havent received my new code either, bit narked off with it too as was expecting it today after i got home from work.

so "if" it doesnt appear on my email tomorrow or anyone else either... what do we do then?

EDDS
07-28-2010, 06:45 PM
tbh once i get my code im going to ring up support and complain as in this day and age it does not take this long to send a few bloody emails out.

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 06:49 PM

same thing happened to me, i was like YES FINALLY, but then it was just a newsletter:mad::mad::mad:

MestV
07-28-2010, 07:03 PM
At least I'm certain about one thing: my xbox live info is correct, I'm getting their freakin' newsletter :p

Now just hope they actually DO mail me the code...I'm getting pretty sad over this, it's a great game, really, I'm just worrying.

Cyberdeku
07-28-2010, 07:12 PM
It's good to know about all that minor, irrelevant, videogames bloggers that has their codes one week or more ago and us, the users who bought the game and the last on get it. Got job Remedy & Microsoft :mad:

MestV
07-28-2010, 07:14 PM
It's microsoft's mistake actually. Remedy's job was to deliver the game and the content, which they have done with excellence. Ms is supposed to handle the way we register and/or get the actual content, and that's where they screwed up. Unfortunatly the "first hand" buyers are left in the cold here.

Skyghene
07-28-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm from The Netherlands (Europe) and still haven't received my mail either. People kept saying I was too dumb to enter the code too early. When I bought this game I didn't know when the DLC was coming and like the picture showed earlier in this topic, no date was given on my card either.

Oh well, guess I'll have to call support tomorrow if I haven't received it by then.

MestV
07-28-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm from Belgium, I believe I'll do the same... I'm allready eating my heart out not to call right now :P

Cyberdeku
07-28-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm from The Netherlands (Europe) and still haven't received my mail either. People kept saying I was too dumb to enter the code too early. When I bought this game I didn't know when the DLC was coming and like the picture showed earlier in this topic, no date was given on my card either.

Oh well, guess I'll have to call support tomorrow if I haven't received it by then.

In other cases the codes doesn't work until the release date so there was no problem. This is a mess.

Skyghene
07-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Just gave them a call, just in case.
Guy was like "please don't tell me it's about alan Wake", haha.
They got a lot of people on the line today and they have this huge list. He also told me that, because of the huge list, they have a new deadline: monday august 2nd. At least, here in The Netherlands.
He told me that they have to verify if people used the code and got the DLC already or not, before giving mails...which takes some time (apparently).

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Just gave them a call, just in case.
Guy was like "please don't tell me it's about alan Wake", haha.
They got a lot of people on the line today and they have this huge list. He also told me that, because of the huge list, they have a new deadline: monday august 2nd. At least, here in The Netherlands.
He told me that they have to verify if people used the code and got the DLC already or not, before giving mails...which takes some time (apparently).

ehehhe, imma call them just to troll

MestV
07-28-2010, 08:10 PM
they can see who has the introduction video and who doesn't...fairly simple, send the codes to them

fastow.andy
07-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Not trying to make people any angrier than they already may be... but on Twitter, this random guy who doesn't appear to be associated with Remedy or Microsoft in anyway says the following:

"nikbest @remedyalerts wel xbox said wait 24hrs 4 the code now there sayin it wil be up2 and includin 2nd August,which is a joke 1st 24hrs now 2Augu
about 6 hours ago via Xbox LIVE
nikbest @remedyalerts well i redeemed my code and phoned microsoft they told me to wait 24hrs and r still waitin,now there sayin 2nd Aug"

Are these claims substantiated whatsoever?

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Not trying to make people any angrier than they already may be... but on Twitter, this random guy who doesn't appear to be associated with Remedy or Microsoft in anyway says the following:

"nikbest @remedyalerts wel xbox said wait 24hrs 4 the code now there sayin it wil be up2 and includin 2nd August,which is a joke 1st 24hrs now 2Augu
about 6 hours ago via Xbox LIVE
nikbest @remedyalerts well i redeemed my code and phoned microsoft they told me to wait 24hrs and r still waitin,now there sayin 2nd Aug"

Are these claims substantiated whatsoever?

august? FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

Skyghene
07-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Yeah, helpdesk said august and now various others also state august 2nd. Can't they just make this DLC free for everyone? I know about people who got it 2nd hand, but man...

fastow.andy
07-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Yeah, helpdesk said august and now various others also state august 2nd. Can't they just make this DLC free for everyone? I know about people who got it 2nd hand, but man...

Well.. This has all turned out quite well for Remedy. Better still for anyone who bothered to purchase the game when it first came out (myself included).

A+ work, Remedy! ;)

CrazyCougar
07-28-2010, 09:08 PM
They can't make the DLC free, because its only free to people who purchased the game. Would not be a smart move financially.

The process is taking so long because people actually got the demo before it was actually on the marketplace. Invalid codes worked for some folks suddenly. So now MS has to sort through each and every account one by one and see who has the DLC and who doesn't. Once its verified that you dont have DLC the code gets sent.

Sure it would be simple just to send out codes to everyone and leave it at that. But then they may as well be giving it away for free. Again, that isn't a sound business decision. Yes this is a mess, but it will be sorted out. Its just going to take longer than expected initially. Had no one got the DLC early, this wouldn't be an issue.

MestV
07-28-2010, 09:12 PM
If they'd make the codes useless untill a certain date nobody would have been in this mess...

Eye
07-28-2010, 09:17 PM
August? I already bought the DLC because I forgot I had the code but I really want to give the code to a friend. And say I hadn't bought the DLC already, I'd be pissed.

fastow.andy
07-28-2010, 09:18 PM
..."Sure it would be simple just to send out codes to everyone and leave it at that. But then they may as well be giving it away for free. Again, that isn't a sound business decision. Yes this is a mess, but it will be sorted out. Its just going to take longer than expected initially. Had no one got the DLC early, this wouldn't be an issue."

Actually, it is that simple. Generate XXX,XXX # of codes, email them to your already-pseudo-paying customers and be done with it.

Now all I have to do to keep me busy is whine on the forums until my code comes!

CrazyCougar
07-28-2010, 09:19 PM
If they'd make the codes useless untill a certain date nobody would have been in this mess...

I agree 100%, but it wasn't done that way. They tried to be creative with it and the video. Now its biting them square in the butt. And again, it wouldn't have had the DLC somehow not got into the hands of quite a few folks late Monday early Tuesday before it was available. Somehow a glitch happened a now its being dealt with.

Maybe chalk it up to lesson learned, the very hard way.

Gennady25X
07-28-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm Ultimate sad face now

Sokrates89
07-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi all,

Well I haven't recieved a code as well and I'm living in Sweden (btw), anyway, I'm not the impatient kind so I have no trouble waiting a while to recieve the email. Though some of you here really need to work on being patient, as the peeps from Remedy has replied, it's not easy sending out so many emails at once. Especially when they will all probably have different codes.

So I don't think we need to hassle them much, just be patient and youŽll get the code soon enough.

And as I've said before to the staff at Remedy, you made a great game. IŽll be reviewing it shortly and youŽll get some pretty high grades... so to speak. Easily one of my best buys this year. ;)

CrazyCougar
07-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Actually, it is that simple. Generate XXX,XXX # of codes, email them to your already-pseudo-paying customers and be done with it.

Now all I have to do to keep me busy is whine on the forums until my code comes!

Yes, it could be that simple. But no one knows how many already got the DLC without the second code. So now every single person that redeemed a code early has to be checked to see if they got it already. Sure, they coudl just send the codes to everyone period. But say they have to send out 200,000 codes....Say 75,000 got the DLC with their "invalid code" or trying to redownload....Thats bascially $525,000 just given away. because those 75,000 people will either give the code to someone who would have bought it, or sell it on ebay to someone who may have bought it off marketplace. Basic business.

It really is a catch 22. Good business to keep customers happy. Good business to make money. Which do you pick? So hence them now going through the list one by one and sending out emails..one by one (in essence).

fastow.andy
07-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Yes, it could be that simple. But no one knows how many already got the DLC without the second code. So now every single person that redeemed a code early has to be checked to see if they got it already. Sure, they coudl just send the codes to everyone period. But say they have to send out 200,000 codes....Say 75,000 got the DLC with their "invalid code" or trying to redownload....Thats bascially $525,000 just given away. because those 75,000 people will either give the code to someone who would have bought it, or sell it on ebay to someone who may have bought it off marketplace. Basic business.

It really is a catch 22. Good business to keep customers happy. Good business to make money. Which do you pick? So hence them now going through the list one by one and sending out emails..one by one (in essence).

Alright alright... Yes, they could stand to lose a lot of money theoretically.

But if there's anything I've learned from Enron, it's that potential revenue does not equal actual revenue.

Not disagreeing per se.

Skyghene
07-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Or let people buy it and refund them later. But that may complicate things.
I can wait sure, but it would have been better if they gave us some real info, instead of promises. Starcraft 2 keeps me busy atm anyways.

CrazyCougar
07-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Trust me, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place here..LOL! Just trying to keep the waters calm and ensure people it will eventually work out. is it fair? Maybe not, but at this moment there isn't too much that can be done by anyone other than someone behind a closed door in Seattle.

olliet101
07-28-2010, 09:54 PM
I guarantee the majority of people waiting for a code will end up paying for the DLC and Microsoft will be quids in, I doubt they'd refund them either, twats.

Cyberdeku
07-28-2010, 09:57 PM

Ok, but I don't care about Remedy money or Microsoft money, I only care about my money and the money I paid for my Alan Wake Limited Edition.

CrazyCougar
07-28-2010, 09:57 PM
If folks choose to do that then that is their own perogative and not a suggestion that is being made by Microsoft or Remedy. Everyone that is awaiting a code will get one. Yes, a wait is involved but the wait costs you nothing but time and a little aggravation.

This problem was not done on purpose to try and make more money by any means. Its an unfortunate situation that affects many. I sympathize with all of those folks and hope this works out quicker than expected.

CrazyCougar
07-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Ok, but I don't care about Remedy money or Microsoft money, I only care about my money and the money I paid for my Alan Wake Limited Edition.

And thats fine, but did you buy Alan Wake for the DLC or to play the original game. It seems to me that the DLC is a bonus. If you bought it for the DLC than you could have bought the regular edition which sold at a cheaper price because the DLC was included in every copy of Alan Wake (standard or limited). :)

Elaniel
07-28-2010, 10:03 PM
AceyBongos just tweeted that UK peeps will get it sometime between now and August 2nd.

That really sucks if we have to wait that long, what a balls up.

fastow.andy
07-28-2010, 10:17 PM
And thats fine, but did you buy Alan Wake for the DLC or to play the original game. It seems to me that the DLC is a bonus. If you bought it for the DLC than you could have bought the regular edition which sold at a cheaper price because the DLC was included in every copy of Alan Wake (standard or limited). :)

Call it morbid curiosity but, what industry do you work in, exactly?

p.s. Yes I'm aware that you've already stated that you aren't directly paid by Microsoft or Remedy.

CrazyCougar
07-28-2010, 10:21 PM
I work in the video game industry...Community Leader, Microsoft Xbox MVP, and I have worked in the manufacturing/packaging/distribution side of the gaming industry for over 10 years. I guess that would sum it up. LOL!

RobsterMK
07-28-2010, 11:03 PM
I just heard that episode 3 of Alan Wake is due out at Xmas. It is called "The Code" and centres around Alan's attempt at rescuing his wife and Barry from a DLC server. You have to shine your flashlight on various codes onscreen and redeem them before a mob of angry fans hack you to death with preredeemed code cards!!

CrazyCougar
07-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Wow.. That sounds intense! :)

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 11:05 PM
why couldn't they just use bad company 2's system where it automatically detects if you bought the game used or not, WHY??

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 11:06 PM
I just heard that episode 3 of Alan Wake is due out at Xmas. It is called "The Code" and centres around Alan's attempt at rescuing his wife and Barry from a DLC server. You have to shine your flashlight on various codes onscreen and redeem them before a mob of angry fans hack you to death with preredeemed code cards!!

lol!:lol:

PiersD73
07-28-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm in Canada and I haven't got my code yet.

SierraJohn117
07-28-2010, 11:21 PM
i have lost my faith in ms

lowrider007
07-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Still nothing here, I emailed MS but nothing from them either yet :-(

litaljohn
07-29-2010, 12:08 AM

At this point if you work in the game industry you obviously would know that publishers are aggressively trying to get people to buy new games rather than used games they see no profit from. It may seem to you that dlc is a bonus but given some have now held back aspects of the game to recoup some of the loss from a used sale. Mass effect is a prime example of the new concept. So it has become rather greyed for anyone to say one way or another if dlc is a result of a bonus or of a concept to make up rev.

Cyberdeku
07-29-2010, 12:18 AM

Are you kidding me? Are these the official Remedy forums or a place to make jokes to the buyers and users of Remedy games?

I'd like to answer you with a large explanation but like I said I don't speak english as well as I wanted and anyway I am too angry to do that.

CrazyCougar
07-29-2010, 12:35 AM
It wasn't a joke. You brought up the fact that you were worried about the money you spent on the Limited Edition. My point was how exactly does that pertain to this situation. You got all the goodies you paid for other than the DLC at this moment. What you said makes it almost sound like you should get preferential treatment over the standard edition consumers.

As for the DLC is a bonus issue. I am not going to debate that at all. To consumers it should already be in the game and to publishers/developers its money in the bank. That debate will never be settled. The fact is most consumers don't know the process of game development or the deadlines that need to be met. Thats where the problem lies.

fastow.andy
07-29-2010, 12:38 AM
It wasn't a joke. You brought up the fact that you were worried about the money you spent on the Limited Edition. My point was how exactly does that pertain to this situation. You got all the goodies you paid for other than the DLC at this moment. What you said makes it almost sound like you should get preferential treatment over the standard edition consumers.

Are you fcking joking me?

Of course he's saying he should get preferential treatment. Remedy said we'd have access to the DLC for free, in exchange for buying the limited release of the title.

I think we all have made the mistake of assuming that we'd have access before the users that didn't buy the title on day one.

CrazyCougar
07-29-2010, 12:41 AM
Come on...That was never once announced that way...Here is an exact quote from the release...Some folks just choose to hear what they want...

"Included with every new purchase of the standard or limited collector’s editions of “Alan Wake,” fans will score a token code card to download the title’s first Game Add-on at no cost only on Xbox LIVE when it becomes available later this year."

Source: http://www.xxlgaming.com/newspage.asp?which=610

fastow.andy
07-29-2010, 12:43 AM
Alright

Tell you what:

If I end up getting an email with an updated code, I'll post it on here for whoever wants it. First come, first serve.

litaljohn
07-29-2010, 01:58 AM
The fact is most consumers don't know the process of game development or the deadlines that need to be met. Thats where the problem lies.

Apparently MS and remedy also missed the memo, maybe most consumers dont know the process because devs and publishers don't bother to adhere to said deadlines to begin with.

Also it is not as though the concept of deadlines applies to only the game sector. Almost any business has deadlines and schedules to adhere to. and shockingly, if they can not make a certain deadline companies tend to not make the deadline public to start. essentially these kind of issues with deadlines simply puts many game publishers in the same teir as shoddy car mechanics, who say things to shut you up as your car is still half dismantled for a week leaving consumers with lack of faith in the product whatever the said product may be.

fastow.andy
07-29-2010, 04:05 AM
I completely retract all statements I've made here. Remedy and Microsoft are a class act, when need be.

Thanks for all the hard work and countless hours you guys have spent working not only on the title it's self, but working on the DLC and the solution to a rather awkward situation.

- Andy

kRypt0nium
07-29-2010, 05:47 AM
Still no code... hopefully they get this sorted soon.

Because then many people would enter the code too early AGAIN.If you go back a few years to a small title called GTA IV, you might remember that the code for the DLC Episode EXPIRED before the episode was released*. Might have something to do with why people try to activate codes as soon as they get them.

* The code that was given was actually 500 MS points and those who used the 500 MS points before the DLC was released got another 500 MS points when the codes/points expired.

Danny_HR
07-29-2010, 06:23 AM
I have gotten my email during the night (Europe time) so it was the first thing i saw in my inbox when i got to work.

Bad news is, I have to wait for another 8 hours untill i get home to play this baby. :(

Elaniel
07-29-2010, 07:17 AM
I got my code too. Woohoo, time to play! Thank you!

SnoopyDK
07-29-2010, 08:10 AM
I still don't have a code. I live in Denmark.

Cyberdeku
07-29-2010, 08:47 AM

As for the DLC is a bonus issue. I am not going to debate that at all. To consumers it should already be in the game and to publishers/developers its money in the bank. That debate will never be settled. The fact is most consumers don't know the process of game development or the deadlines that need to be met. Thats where the problem lies.

Maybe I don't have explained well, I could rent the game or buy a second hand copy of them, but I bought a new copy, in this case the L.E., and one of the reasons was to get this free content. There is a problem sending it, It's a Microsoft problem not Remedy, etc... Ok, I can accept it, I can undersandt it, but I will do it better with an oficial explanation.

Well, I hope this time I have explained myself better and thanks to someone important for the help ;)

Gennady25X
07-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Woohoo! I got it! Guys lemme just help you out so you get excited for the right thing :) First off it was in my inbox not spam, second it came from Xbox Live, not Xbox, or alan wake or remedy. The Subject is also Alan Wake token.

I hope you all get it soon :D

and another tip, go onto xbox.com and click on your gamertag on the top right corner when you are signed in. Go to profile information, or profile settings (something like that :p) and whatever email you have typed in there, is the email you will recieve it in. I was looking at the wrong email until i saw that.

Once again, hope you all get your codes soon :D

hullybul
07-29-2010, 09:51 AM
I haven't got the key yet, although i've bought the collectors edition. I entered the redeem code when i bought it, saw a short film. If i now enter the code, it's says it's invalid.
I didn't receive a new key in my xboxlive hotmail account.... (and Gennady25x : i check the right email)
I don't understand it!

litaljohn
07-29-2010, 10:55 AM
I haven't got the key yet, although i've bought the collectors edition.

anyone who got the game new received those now infamous codes. Collectors edition doesn't enter into the fray.

Bannik
07-29-2010, 10:58 AM
I live in the UK, just checked my email and I have my code.

Downloading The Signal now, it's unusual, I expected to be let down, but no, they came through.

Hope you all get your codes soon.

SierraJohn117
07-29-2010, 11:10 AM
omg, i got the codes thanks to ADM, i love you man

olliet101
07-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Maybe I don't have explained well, I could rent the game or buy a second hand copy of them, but I bought a new copy, in this case the L.E., and one of the reasons was to get this free content. There is a problem sending it, It's a Microsoft problem not Remedy, etc... Ok, I can accept it, I can undersandt it, but I will do it better with an oficial explanation.

Well, I hope this time I have explained myself better and thanks to someone important for the help ;)

I don't think you get it, everyone who bought Alan Wake, whether a standard or limited/collector's edition got the DLC, it wasn't exclusive to the LE, nor will you get preferential treatment for when you get the code. The extra money you paid for the LE was just for the other things that came with it, NOT for the free DLC.

cherry_cola
07-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Italy here, and I haven't got the code yet. I wonder how long I have to wait, 24-48 hours have already passed. :(

SierraJohn117
07-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Italy here, and I haven't got the code yet. I wonder how long I have to wait, 24-48 hours have already passed. :(

weird, alot of people say they got their code already, you sure you didn't just enter the wrong email address?

cherry_cola
07-29-2010, 12:15 PM
I've never changed the e-mail address, so I doubt this is the problem. However, I kept a check on it and there's nothing wrong. I wonder if this issue has something to do with the fact that I unsubscribed from Microsoft newsletter (annoying!)...

Blaze E6
07-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Still no code here (UK)

I have the same Email etc, but i did change my Gamertag from Blaze IXI to Blaze E6, but this shouldnt affect my code should it? :mad:

CrazyCougar
07-29-2010, 12:22 PM
As long as you have a valid email for contact you are fine. Changing you gamertag will not affect anything as its still all the same account. Seems like another big batch of codes went out, just be a little more patient for those that haven't got it. Its coming...

olliet101
07-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Like I said in the other thread, I have already played the DLC after being a code by someone else, so if anyone who hasn't got their code yet wants mine, please PM me, and the first to do so will get it. Thanks.

Blaze E6
07-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Wow i just got mail from the Community Manager helping me sort it out, gotta say Great job, never in all my years playing games have i had help so fast & help so much, i was expecting "Just wait blah blah"

Great job Remedy Entertainment! :lol:

CrazyCougar
07-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Thats great! See folks, people are trying to make this painless. Please, as frustrating as this is just hang in there for those that haven't received codes yet. You will get one.

mrhide
07-29-2010, 12:33 PM

sono anche io Italiano,stesso problema..secondo me arriva il 30 ovvero 48 ore dopo il 28 luglio.....
be patient

frenchy
07-29-2010, 12:53 PM
well well.. no code for me, in France....

I had some trouble with Amazon and one of my pre orders, but at least they did something for me, at the end ....

cherry_cola
07-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Wanted to thank AMD for his support, I really appreciate your disposability. Thank you, pal! When (if!) I get the code I'll be more than happy to give it to someone who will still be waiting to receive it.

PePzi NL
07-29-2010, 01:13 PM
sono anche io Italiano,stesso problema..secondo me arriva il 30 ovvero 48 ore dopo il 28 luglio.....
be patient

Ja als we hier allemaal onze eigen taal gaan praten schiet het ook niet op he...

OT: Still no code in the Netherlands. I'm beginning to lose hope...

SierraJohn117
07-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Ja als we hier allemaal onze eigen taal gaan praten schiet het ook niet op he...

OT: Still no code in the Netherlands. I'm beginning to lose hope...

ok, so i just got my code now, but i already have the signal thanks to AMD, and i can give you my code if you want, PM me

PePzi NL
07-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Would appreciate it very much mate, you got a PM :D

PJtheSTaR
07-29-2010, 03:44 PM
ok, so i just got my code now, but i already have the signal thanks to AMD, and i can give you my code if you want, PM me

In the same position as him.. ADM already helped me out, Now I got the code from MS..
1st person to PM me with the correct answer will get it

Where do you meet "The Kidnapper: for the First time..?
a)Cauldren Lake
b)Lovers Peak
c)Mirror's Peak
d)Trailor Park

miggelsson
07-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Remedy I don't want to sound rude or anything but why didn't the code inside the game have some sort of warning in it telling us not to use the code before the DLC was out in the first place? It only said "do not discard" but most people must have thought it means "do not throw away" incase someone would think it's just a worthless advertisement or something.

PJtheSTaR
07-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Remedy I don't want to sound rude or anything but why didn't the code inside the game have some sort of warning in it telling us not to use the code before the DLC was out in the first place? It only said "do not discard" but most people must have thought it means "do not throw away" incase someone would think it's just a worthless advertisement or something.

I just PM'd you a code.. as you answered correctly.. If you are one that is still waiting on a code from MS, Give away your code same way when it arrives..

boCaLicious
07-29-2010, 04:00 PM
actually you see the kidnapper first on the ferry right at the beginning of the game :P

PJtheSTaR
07-29-2010, 04:04 PM
actually you see the kidnapper first on the ferry right at the beginning of the game :P

He is not the kidnapper then..

PJtheSTaR
07-29-2010, 04:10 PM
So who used the code without saying thanks? Miggelsson did not end up getting to use it.. He messaged me, and I replied thinking it was a PM, when it just showed up on my profile.. Is that what its come too? At least say thanks for the code..

miggelsson
07-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Who ever stole that code must feel very proud of himself. Damn rat

PJtheSTaR
07-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Who ever stole that code must feel very proud of himself. Damn rat

It was Boca.. It shows whos viewed my profile, you and him are the only two..

miggelsson
07-29-2010, 04:16 PM
REMEDY PLZZZ BAN boCaLicious FROM XBOX LIVE

PJtheSTaR
07-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Partly my fault, partly your fault and partly bocas fault... No need to go caps lock on everyone.. All he did was use a code he saw there, It wasnt rightfully anyones.. You were too new to send PM's to anyone.. and I am too noob to know there was a difference between vistor messages and private messages..

ewsg
07-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Hello,

I have Alan Wake, but have not received the code to download the "The Signal" DLC. How/when will we receive it? Someone knows, please?

Thanks. :)

miggelsson
07-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Yeah you're right it's way too nerdy to get this mad just because some troll stole some damn code that I'll eventually get anyway. I'd just like to know when we finnish people receive ours, it's driving me mad having to refresh my e-mail every two seconds just hoping for the code to finally be there

SierraJohn117
07-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah you're right it's way too nerdy to get this mad just because some troll stole some damn code that I'll eventually get anyway. I'd just like to know when we finnish people receive ours, it's driving me mad having to refresh my e-mail every two seconds just hoping for the code to finally be there

miggelson, i have an extra code, do u want it?

frenchy
07-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Hello,

I have Alan Wake, but have not received the code to download the "The Signal" DLC. How/when will we receive it? Someone knows, please?

Thanks. :)

welcome to the "club"...... :mad:

well ....wait and pray ....:rolleyes:

miggelsson
07-29-2010, 04:42 PM

hmmletmethinkaboutitHELLYES:hyper:

SierraJohn117
07-29-2010, 04:43 PM
hmmletmethinkaboutitHELLYES:hyper:

check inbox

PJtheSTaR
07-29-2010, 04:43 PM

PM him the code, He deserves it.. Only hope he gives out the code when/if his does arrive..

ACBear
07-29-2010, 04:46 PM
No code in Portugal yet...

PePzi NL
07-29-2010, 04:49 PM

:mad:

SierraJohn117
07-29-2010, 04:51 PM
:mad:

lol

ewsg
07-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Hi! :)

I really don't understood this.

The DLC is paid, but will we receive it for free?

And, there is not any ETA for this? :(

olliet101
07-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Does anyone need a code still? I have a spare one...

Yunfat
07-29-2010, 05:31 PM
I need one, havent got my yet, Sweden.

ewsg
07-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Does anyone need a code still? I have a spare one...

I need one. :)

olliet101
07-29-2010, 05:37 PM
I need one. :)

Check your inbox. :)

mrhide
07-29-2010, 05:39 PM
if you have got one please help me

boCaLicious
07-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Uhm.. to the code give away:
The answer was actually wrong.
You see the kidnapper first on the ferry in the beginning.
THIS is the correct answer and as i saw the code in your profile I couldn't resist (as his answer was wrong) ..
I'm actually also waiting for my code, so when i get it i'll give it away just as you did.
There is no need to insult anybody here, thanks for the code anyway.

EDIT: If you dont believe me, look here:
http://alanwake.wikia.com/wiki/Ben_Mott

MestV
07-29-2010, 06:36 PM
I just finished it! Thanks to remedy and especially ADM. Here's for you:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rLJMNdsXfqE/SyTGoivP6vI/AAAAAAAAA-4/nHdSroOIk6Q/s400/OfficialSealOfAwesomeness.jpg

Well deserved!!! I'll buy the upcoming episodes for sure.

Edit: If i'd still get a code in my inbox, I'll pass it on ofc!

Gennady25X
07-29-2010, 07:27 PM
If anyone still hasn't gotten their codes yet i have a spare thanks the the awesome guys at Remedy, sent me one by pm, just send me a pm if you need one

HarrowRush
07-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Anyone with a spare code? Bought limited edition of the game and like most of us here used the code early, will give my code away when i get mine, gamertag's the same as my username. Thanks in advance

Notthevictim
07-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Still haven't gotten my code yet. But I'm okay with that, I mean it's free right?

PePzi NL
07-29-2010, 07:52 PM
If anyone still hasn't gotten their codes yet i have a spare thanks the the awesome guys at Remedy, sent me one by pm, just send me a pm if you need one

I'd like it, sent you a PM :)

Scotch Myst
07-29-2010, 07:55 PM
I just joined this forum, no code in my e-mail so far, called Microsoft three days in a row all I get is sometime in the next 24 hours you'll recieve an e-mail, yeah they are right but not from them!!!!

SierraJohn117
07-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Still haven't gotten my code yet. But I'm okay with that, I mean it's free right?

5.6 euros or 7 dollars, but free assuming you do get the code

miggelsson
07-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Uhm.. to the code give away:
The answer was actually wrong.
You see the kidnapper first on the ferry in the beginning.
THIS is the correct answer and as i saw the code in your profile I couldn't resist (as his answer was wrong) ..
I'm actually also waiting for my code, so when i get it i'll give it away just as you did.
There is no need to insult anybody here, thanks for the code anyway.

EDIT: If you dont believe me, look here:
http://alanwake.wikia.com/wiki/Ben_Mott

Nah whatever I got my code so I'm happy and you technically had the right answer anyway

boCaLicious
07-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Really good to hear that! :)

neeabe
07-29-2010, 09:24 PM
hi i just joined the forum today because i havent got my code sent out yet... im in ireland by the way... i entered by my code and it said unable to download, now the redeem code doesnt work... if someone can please send me a code i'd be very grateful and i will post the replacement code i receive as soon as get it (if i get it).

C4LJO
07-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Scotland, UK, 22:30 29th July AND STILL NO CODE!!!
Very annoying that I pre-order the game months before release, play it (and love it) as soon as I receive it, and am left waiting to play the first 'free' DLC. I wonder how many impatient AW fans in the same situation went ahead and bought the DLC rather than wait!?!? More dollars to M$! ;)

neeabe
07-29-2010, 09:36 PM
i'd imagine there are a lot of unhappy fans out there, guess we'll just have to be patient... i was really looking forward to playing this tonight as well :(

bubbleflub
07-29-2010, 09:37 PM
listen microsoft are working hard for them to be done yes it is fustrating but the DLC is worth the wait i got mad for waiting but if you just play another game for a while and maby you will have it if not you should recive befor august the second

neeabe
07-29-2010, 09:42 PM
ah im really concerned about gettin one because i entered my code today and it was accepted but the download failed to start. i just turned off the xbox because i figured i could try again later, i thought the servers might be busy or something. it got me thinking that because i didn't enter the code before the release date like a lot of people here, might mean im not eligible for a replacement.

CrazyCougar
07-29-2010, 09:46 PM
If the code was accepted, then you should be able to continue or start your download at anytime. The DLC is available now on the marketplace so there is no reason it should not work.

neeabe
07-29-2010, 09:50 PM
well maybe it wasn't accepted... i dunno, i was fairly hungover this morning n not really paying attention haha, anyway the way it is now, i enter the code and it says its already been used :/

Scotch Myst
07-29-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm in Scotland too according to Microsoft this a.m. I will recieve my code tonight before midnight that gives em just 1 hour and 1 mins judging by the past two days I will not hold my breath but I may just crumble and use the 560 points then fight em legally to recover my costs. Microsfoft would get away with murder if they did it, I for one have spent alot of money on games and add ons but my patience is wearing thin. It's not the lack of code but the lies and moving of the goalposts. Day 1 definately in the next 24-48 hours, Day 2 definately in the next 24-48 hours, Day 3 before midnight tonight 29th July 2010. Got me thinking, 221 retail games and 42,000 Microsoft points purchased and three full year subscriptions one xbox 360 and one xbox elite not to mention battery packs plug n play extra controllers so least you could do is deal with it faster quicker with speed and accuracy you take our money but are reluctant to give a morsel back!

Scotch Myst
07-29-2010, 10:03 PM
for NEEABE if your code was accepted and to say it's already used it has been, check in your download history should be last thing you downloaded just redownload it voila!

neeabe
07-29-2010, 10:05 PM
for NEEABE if your code was accepted and to say it's already used it has been, check in your download history should be last thing you downloaded just redownload it voila!

if only it were so simple :), i tried that it isn't in my download history.

miggelsson
07-29-2010, 10:47 PM
if only it were so simple :), i tried that it isn't in my download history.

If it isn't in your download history you should be able to use the code again right?

Scotch Myst
07-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Well midnight has come and gone thanks Microsoft for the big fat nothing, no e-mail, no code, nada, zip and tomorrow oh I am guessing here, "e-mail will arrive in next 24 hours" have a nice day! I for one am fed up of having nice days, for me a nice day would entail that wretched code and playing "the signal" then maybe it would be a nice day

blade367
07-30-2010, 12:40 AM
just joined hoping to get the code

Xgar NL
07-30-2010, 07:51 AM
Hmm, still waiting for my code, anyone from the Netherlands get theirs yet ?

Gennady25X
07-30-2010, 07:58 AM
I'd like it, sent you a PM :)

Yup i know :)

Gennady25X
07-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Ok guys I'm sorry if you haven't got your code yet, but i dont have my spare anymore, i gave it so someone, so please stop Pming me, im sure you'll get yours soon

Scotch Myst
07-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Just called Microsoft for the 4th time and this time they seemed to help until they asked a security question "what is your favourite tv program that is not on anymore" OMG how am I supposed to remember what I put in 4 years ago arghhhhhh!!! I had to end the call telling them I'd forgotten and apologise to them. I am gutted just when I saw a chink of light it's cruelly taken away, just gotta lol

cheMicAL89
07-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Still no Code! (Germany) That's very frustrating -.-

mac71nl
07-30-2010, 09:41 AM

i am from the netherlands and i have stil no code.

frenchy
07-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Just called Microsoft for the 4th time and this time they seemed to help until they asked a security question "what is your favourite tv program that is not on anymore" OMG how am I supposed to remember what I put in 4 years ago arghhhhhh!!! I had to end the call telling them I'd forgotten and apologise to them. I am gutted just when I saw a chink of light it's cruelly taken away, just gotta lol

:eek: what the .... it's really silly ! and I suppose the hotline of Microsoft is heavily taxed.. what an easy and fast way to do money for Microsoft...
sorry to hear that, but I still didn't get my code too,...

Scotch Myst
07-30-2010, 10:08 AM
I've now been told by Microsoft that I'll have my code on Monday the 2nd of August, really not good enough, so punishment for buying game on release day is that we wait at least a week to get access to the free download content that was released on the 28th July 2010. Poor Microsoft very poor and that is after a gentleman called Sam who took my first call hung up on me when I stated my issue was Alan Wake. Call went "Hello my name is Sam how may I help" never asked me my name? "hi I'm ringing about the game Alan Wake? Sam at Microsoft hung up!!! If anyone here knows how you file a complaint I'd be happy to do so.

Gennady25X
07-30-2010, 11:48 AM
I've now been told by Microsoft that I'll have my code on Monday the 2nd of August, really not good enough, so punishment for buying game on release day is that we wait at least a week to get access to the free download content that was released on the 28th July 2010. Poor Microsoft very poor and that is after a gentleman called Sam who took my first call hung up on me when I stated my issue was Alan Wake. Call went "Hello my name is Sam how may I help" never asked me my name? "hi I'm ringing about the game Alan Wake? Sam at Microsoft hung up!!! If anyone here knows how you file a complaint I'd be happy to do so.

WOW HAHAHA, what an asshole!

Gergereth
07-30-2010, 11:54 AM

I still haven't. :eh:

jbrighty
07-30-2010, 12:23 PM
same here, no code yet...

miggelsson
07-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Stop bitching you guys at least you get it for free. Would you rather spend 30 bucks on a 2100 microsoft card than wait a little while? Though it's easy for me to say because this gentlemen called SierraJohn117 gave me his spare code ^^ The DLC is AWESOME btw!

Xgar NL
07-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Stop bitching you guys at least you get it for free. Would you rather spend 30 bucks on a 2100 microsoft card than wait a little while? Though it's easy for me to say because this gentlemen called SierraJohn117 gave me his spare code ^^ The DLC is AWESOME btw!

Free ?? I paid for it when i bought the very cool CE. Besides i only asked if any dutch people received their mail yet.

Scotch Myst
07-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Good news guys, finally recieved my code, thanks for all your input in here, as no-one sent me a code, I will use mine, it was sent out today Friday at 17.20 I'm in Scotland UK

RE2LeonS
07-30-2010, 06:04 PM

Excuse me? Stop bitching? I'm sure if you were in our shoes you'd be crying up a god damn storm that you still didn't have it. I'm actually furious right now, I buy this game brand friggin new the day of release and now the DLC that I am entitled too; which I'm sure was purposely left off the disk, I can't even play! While everybody else is bragging about how good it is, how they already have 1250/1250, etc. etc. It's ignorant as hell that Microsoft can't even release their OWN products out with out something going wrong and then screwing over most of their customers. So now select people like me and a couple other guys have not only been lied to once but now twice about false release dates for this DLC. First we were supposed to get it on the 28th, then they failed with the codes and said it will take 24-48 hours, okay well we're going on 72 hours now so where's our code?! If anything Remedy and Microsoft should be compensating the people that have to wait for no reason, the ones that were nice enough to buy the game brand new with Microsoft Points or a code for both the first and second DLC. This is bad business practice and makes me think twice about buying any other further games created from Microsoft after their abandonment of Gears of War 1 and their terrible handling of the Alan Wake issue. Christ I think BP did a better job with the oil spill than Microsoft is doing with the codes! By the way I live in New York, United States and still have yet to get my code!!!:mad:

CrazyCougar
07-30-2010, 06:06 PM

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate encounter with Xbox Support. One thing to note is that these folks are not actually employees of Microsoft, but an outsourced 3rd party company. I would try calling Support and ask to speak to a manager about your experience. Not that they will do anything, but at least you could vent to someone who MIGHT be able to do something about it.

CrazyCougar
07-30-2010, 06:13 PM
RE2Leon,

You have every right to be frustrated and voice your opinion. And I hope this works out for you by Monday August 2nd.

Some of the things you said such as leaving content off a disc on purpose is a little ridiculous don't you think. Don't feed that conspiracy that people love to throw around all the time regardless of what game it is. One should never speculate something as fact when in most cases its completely false.

Now some things you may want to try....

- Make sure your contact information is correct on Xbox.com. If the contact email is in correct than the code went off into oblivion and may not be retrievable. You can call support and question it if you email is in fact not valid.

- Call Support and tell them your issue. Let them know your location as it seems most US consumers have received their codes. They may tell you to hold off until Monday.

Again, I hope this all works out for you and while your frustrations are completely valid please try to hold it together for a resolution. The folks at Microsoft are trying very hard to remedy the situation (no pun intended).

RE2LeonS
07-30-2010, 06:19 PM
1) Now why would I find it fishy that they'd leave it off the disk since they were already counting down until the first DLC with it already titled and everything? HMMM, planning a head to leave it off I see.

2) The email address that I have linked to my Gamertag is a hotmail address! So yes of course it's another Mircosoft managed system so there should be nothing wrong with that.

3) What the hell is support going to do? After reading everybody else's experience with support you really think I'm going to get any further with them? I hope they take the nice weekend off while I sit here and read how everybody else is enjoying the free DLC I should have received with my BRAND NEW purchase of Alan Wake. I'll make sure to pre-order every game that comes out with their names attached to it, don't you worry.

CrazyCougar
07-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Alrighty then...

1) So then every game that has DLC planned means they are leaving it off the disc. Well then, why bother giving release dates for games if we are just going to keep adding DLC to it before its released.... Hmmmm.

2) Some folks, like myself have been Xbox Live members since 2002 and have since changed emails, providers, etc... So it was just simple question and many folks don't even know that hey can specifiy and email address on their Xbox.com profile. So, it was just a suggestion. Glad you have it covered.

3) Support probably wont do anything. But you said you wanted to file a complaint and that is how you would go about it.

There really isn't much need for the sarcasm. Again, I understand you frustation but really? Maybe I am beginning to understand why Sam hung up on you.

RE2LeonS
07-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Alrighty then...

1) So then every game that has DLC planned means they are leaving it off the disc. Well then, why bother giving release dates for games if we are just going to keep adding DLC to it before its released.... Hmmmm.

2) Some folks, like myself have been Xbox Live members since 2002 and have since changed emails, providers, etc... So it was just simple question and many folks don't even know that hey can specifiy and email address on their Xbox.com profile. So, it was just a suggestion. Glad you have it covered.

3) Support probably wont do anything. But you said you wanted to file a complaint and that is how you would go about it.

There really isn't much need for the sarcasm. Again, I understand you frustation but really? Maybe I am beginning to understand why Sam hung up on you.

Yeah.....wrong guy I wasn't the one who called Sam

CrazyCougar
07-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Oh..LOL! Lighten up man..It was a joke...Geeeez. Trying to lighten the mood here a little.

Scotch Myst
07-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks Crazy Cougar, I will do just that, let's hope I don't get Sam on my call lol. Can I say in my defence that Sam never even asked who I was and I only got the one single sentence out "I'm ringing about the Alan Wake game" not really the way Microsoft want be portrayed, uncaring, ignorant and rude but every cloud has a silver lining my code arrived at 17.20 today better late then never and I have been playing the dlc for about 20 mins must say it's excellent and I will be buying the next installment.

CrazyCougar
07-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Maybe he was the janitor! LOL!

But I am glad to hear you got your code. Slowly but surely calm waters are coming and the problem is being resolved.

kk29j
07-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Still waiting on mine. It is Friday 5:00 PM. Am living in Florida and sucks cause I bought it the first day. Yes microsoft has my right email

TROOPER
07-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Excuse me? Stop bitching? I'm sure if you were in our shoes you'd be crying up a god damn storm that you still didn't have it. I'm actually furious right now, I buy this game brand friggin new the day of release and now the DLC that I am entitled too; which I'm sure was purposely left off the disk, I can't even play! While everybody else is bragging about how good it is, how they already have 1250/1250, etc. etc. It's ignorant as hell that Microsoft can't even release their OWN products out with out something going wrong and then screwing over most of their customers. So now select people like me and a couple other guys have not only been lied to once but now twice about false release dates for this DLC. First we were supposed to get it on the 28th, then they failed with the codes and said it will take 24-48 hours, okay well we're going on 72 hours now so where's our code?! If anything Remedy and Microsoft should be compensating the people that have to wait for no reason, the ones that were nice enough to buy the game brand new with Microsoft Points or a code for both the first and second DLC. This is bad business practice and makes me think twice about buying any other further games created from Microsoft after their abandonment of Gears of War 1 and their terrible handling of the Alan Wake issue. Christ I think BP did a better job with the oil spill than Microsoft is doing with the codes! By the way I live in New York, United States and still have yet to get my code!!!:mad:

Im from Amsterdam, The Netherlands and its Friday 30 July and i still got no email from MS only a stupid newsletter... no codes no apology, no nothing ..
I totally agree with Leon S respond, im not quite angry like him, but actually im beginning to become inpatient..and understand his frustration.

So why do people become inpatient like me ? because when you become inpatient for something it means you find that something important, so thats why im inpatient and with me a whole bunch of others world wide.

So to be honest after i finished the game i didnt play it for a long time, but when i sign in on my XBOX LIVE dashboard i usually surf to the marketplace and i was confronted with a new DLC for Alan Wake, wich reminded me of the DLC every one who bought the game early, would receive for FREE. And alot of game review sites ( IGN, Gamespot, Joystick, you name it etc. ) are reviewing DLC's nowadays so its hard to ignore the DLC and again being confronted by it.

I find the game of great excellence so i have the LE and i want to experience the game to the fullest, so in other words missing the DLC is for me something like when you miss a puzzle piece just in the centre of the puzzle, you can see the whole picture but still its incomplete and quite annoying.

For the 2nd DLC later this year, im ready to pay up some MS points but i refuse to pay for something which came free.
Please Remedy be aware of these kind of promotions, i know its a good marketing trick and a part of a goodwill..

But do we have to wait for the free dlc as long as we waited for Alan Wake.
( since 2006 ) ;)

XFNL Taker
07-30-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm from The Netherlands too and also haven't received my DLC code.

Notthevictim
07-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Still no code. Down in California!

Montalve
07-30-2010, 11:24 PM
Mexico... Collector's edition. Still waiting.
well to continue playing N3 II i the meantime...

Explorer
07-31-2010, 05:48 AM
But do we have to wait for the free dlc as long as we waited for Alan Wake.
( since 2006 ) ;)

It's since 2005 ;D

RE2LeonS
07-31-2010, 08:17 AM
*twiddles thumbs*

Gee it's so fun waiting an extra week for this DLC, thanks guys!

Bastiaan
07-31-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm from The Netherlands too and also haven't received my DLC code.

In the Netherlands nobody has received there codes yet, still a big mess I think.

Sciarry
07-31-2010, 12:29 PM
Still haven't recieved the code yet. Italy.

The matter is that I can't understand why they don't send the remaining codes. I can't stand this situation! :cry:

Bastiaan
07-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Hmm it is very strange indeed. It is almost a week now, and realy very many people haven't received there code yet. It is very lame of Microsoft, it isn't hard to send the codes.

miggelsson
07-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Hmm it is very strange indeed. It is almost a week now, and realy very many people haven't received there code yet. It is very lame of Microsoft, it isn't hard to send the codes.

Yeah like you'd know whether it's hard or not. Just let Microsoft do their job, I bet their better at it than you

Xgar NL
07-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah like you'd know whether it's hard or not. Just let Microsoft do their job, I bet their better at it than you

If they had done their jobs, they would've anticipated this situation. Its not like AW came out last week.

djshauny1
07-31-2010, 05:45 PM
people shouldnt of used the code early.

simple as that

IAMTOSHI
07-31-2010, 05:51 PM
GamerTag - I AM TOSHI , India - Got the collector's edition the day, it was released here.. Still waiting for the dlc code..

Xgar NL
07-31-2010, 06:09 PM

simple as that

Hmm, now where in the instructions within the CE did it state that ?
And why was there a download ready for those who used their codes immediately...

HarrowRush
07-31-2010, 06:23 PM

simple as that

I don't know why you people keep bringing this up, had it been stated on the cards itself we certainly wouldn't have done it, more so from because i got two cards with the game, one with the shirt and theme, so how i was suposed to know?.

Microsoft and/or Remedy screwed up, thats it

RenderB
07-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Another dutch person without a code yet.

What I was wondering is why do we need a new code? Ok, the damage is done now but, doesn't microsoft log what codes we use? Not to mention that unless there is another way to get that thank you video, would it not have been simpler to flag the dlc free to anyone with that in their downlaod history? It seems a rather poor system compared to steam, and others that let you pre purchase/dl content.

Wickedman23
08-01-2010, 12:16 AM
i got the game the day it came out and redeem my code the day it came out they said they would email u in 24 hours its 7/31 and i have not got my code yet whats going on

IAMTOSHI
08-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Thanks a lot ADM for the code.. Whenever, I get the code I'll be more than happy to give it to someone who will still be waiting to receive it..

chocomacs
08-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Yeah I'll be happy !
If MS mail me a new code i'll give it too :)

Bastiaan
08-01-2010, 06:51 AM

I know they can do that a lot better than me, but I think it is a bit of strange. But, it will be fixed. I got the gode from the ADM, and I am very happy with it now. Hope you guys will have the codes soon.

Bastiaan
08-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Let's say that on the code cards, they have to tell people in the future to wait before the DLC comes out. It is a problem now, and we can't change it. For the people who haven't got there codes yet, please wait. MS is still working on it and monday or tueseday they will send your codes.

chocomacs
08-01-2010, 07:25 AM
Please stop with this !
When you reedem the code with the collector edition you can download a video , that I do on the release...
The probleme is why not link the code with the DLC ?

Bastiaan
08-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Please stop with this !
When you reedem the code with the collector edition you can download a video , that I do on the release...
The probleme is why not link the code with the DLC ?

Agree, it is much simpler, and easier for everybody

Xgar NL
08-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Sigh, still no code. Getting really fed up with this.

Xgar NL
08-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Wow, just got a code through PM from ADM, Thank you Remedy.
When i get my code from MS, i will share it here.

SierraJohn117
08-01-2010, 12:43 PM
this is rather weird, i have recieved my code rather late, ADM gave me one (thanks to ADM), i only receined my code 1 day after ADM gave me one, so i would assume everyone already got theirs, hmm ,MS screwed up again

BooZe
08-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm from Denmark and I also kinda screwed up and used my DLC code too early. But it seems like no one in Denmark has recieved their codes yet. Anyone knows whats going on? I would really like a code, since i've been done with Alan Wake for some time now - and i'm eager to try out the DLC. But I kinda refuse to pay the Microsoft Points since it should be free for us who bought the game new.

miggelsson
08-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm from Denmark and I also kinda screwed up and used my DLC code too early. But it seems like no one in Denmark has recieved their codes yet. Anyone knows whats going on? I would really like a code, since i've been done with Alan Wake for some time now - and i'm eager to try out the DLC. But I kinda refuse to pay the Microsoft Points since it should be free for us who bought the game new.

Why do you have to post something that's already been posted a million times?

HarrowRush
08-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Why do you have to post something that's already been posted a million times?

Does it bother you? Let him be

frenchy
08-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Hmm, now where in the instructions within the CE did it state that ?
And why was there a download ready for those who used their codes immediately...

+1
And I doubled check again my key code card : there is no day indicated, for sing this code....

Anyway, thanks to ADM again, I received the code.
I'll give mine, as soon as I get it in my e mail box.

loscamos
08-01-2010, 06:36 PM
I haven't recived my code yet. I live in Italy. How long it will take?

Kazama84
08-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi, i'm italian and still no email;
I've mailed to ADM for some info for the code, i have alan wake limited...

Sinizar
08-01-2010, 10:29 PM
In Wisconsin and no replacement code yet.

ACBear
08-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Still no code in Portugal... This sucks.

se7en68
08-02-2010, 04:02 AM
I have spent literally hours on the phone all week dealing with microsoft/xbox customer support... WHat a complet cluster F$$k.
I have been told that it would be 24 48 hours. Then they said it will be delivered over the weekend. THEN i am told that AUgust 2 will be the release of the rest of the english speaking regions... MAN DID THEY NOT HAVE MONTHS TO GET THEIR ACTS TOGETHER! THANKS MICROSOFT> the worst customer service that I have ever spoke to... NO HELP WHAT SO EVER. NEVER AGAIN WILL I PREORDER ANYTHING FROM MICROSOFT... YEA IF I WANT THE CODE I CAN PAY FOR IT>>> NICE. That is what they want...

Eraesr
08-02-2010, 06:34 AM
Haven't received my code yet either. I'm in the Netherlands as well.

Bastiaan
08-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Haven't received my code yet either. I'm in the Netherlands as well.

It's monday, D-day. Wait today and if you not received it today, also wait tomorrow. It has to come in one of these days, if you ask Microsoft.

Unswabbed
08-02-2010, 07:51 AM
I don't have receive my new code. M$ had said that we would have them 1st August at the latest. I'll wait today but I don't believe in it.

MikkiRMD
08-02-2010, 08:31 AM
I don't have receive my new code. M$ had said that we would have them 1st August at the latest. I'll wait today but I don't believe in it.

August 2nd, actually.

Old Books
08-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Anyone know how the replacements are being sent out? Is it all automated or are people manually issuing them? Must be a shitload of work if it's the latter.

feelium
08-02-2010, 08:56 AM
And now we wait.

From Sweden, btw. Still no code.

dylem29
08-02-2010, 10:45 AM
I still have not received my mail too.

I'm in France, it is 12:52.

(Thanks to google translation:))

RE2LeonS
08-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Yeah ADM gave me a code too, appreciate it but I'm still going to wait for my code in the e-mail. I want a personal friggin apology from Microsoft for their disgusting unprofessional behavior in all this. I'm waiting for them to start playing the blame game like BP did

Bastiaan
08-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Keep us updated. Tell us if you recieved the code or any information from Microsoft or Remedy. I have used the code from ADM (thx!) but I have not recieved any mail yet with the code (Netherlands)

dylem29
08-02-2010, 11:23 AM
You're lucky, I've got nothing nothing at all. >.<

isnepkt
08-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Finland here. Still no code. :(

dylem29
08-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Finland here. Still no code. :(

I am not alone in what I see, its reassuring. :D