PDA

View Full Version : Where was your last coffee thermos?

cblock
08-25-2010, 04:22 AM
I just found my last coffee thermos and got the hypercaffeinated achievement. It was driving me nuts because I was stuck on 99 out of 100. This of course drove me to play through several times to find it. I even resorted to consulting a guide but still couldn't find that pesky last coffee thermos. Finally I started to think like a coffee thermos, or rather, I started to think like a game developer trying to hide one. I thought, if I really wanted to be annoying I'd place a few thermoses where you're going to get your ass kicked finding it and in a section of the game that most people would rather charge through instead of explore. I remembered the section right after Alan and Barry get in the second car wreck of the game. An unarmed Alan has to dodge possessed items to get to the next check point by starting a generator and swinging an overhanging lamp in position to dissolve a possessed gate. I always haul ass through that part and had never explored the area. Sure enough when I turned around and headed the opposite direction from the generator I found the platform where stood my last thermos flashing and beaconing to me. Of course when I tired to grab it I was thrashed by two possessed barrels but I got it at last! Hope that helps someone else stuck on 99. Where was your last thermos?

Mr. Grays
08-25-2010, 12:58 PM
On a picnic table close at the end of episode 2.
Somehow I still cannot believe I missed it three times in a row.
Great laugh afterwards it was, indeed.

hellsing
08-25-2010, 01:23 PM
heading down to the farm near a tractor.

Lunapocalypse
08-25-2010, 01:38 PM

I remember this was my second last. I can't remember my last one. It might have been in episode 4 or 5 somewhere.

shorty
08-25-2010, 09:28 PM
The last coffee thermos I grabbed was outside Dr. Hartman's clinic, right before you enter the labyrinth. It was a pretty obvious spot but I somehow missed it on my first two playthroughs... Getting it was pretty satisfying.

TannosukeGR
08-26-2010, 12:50 AM
At the 2nd Ghost Town just before the last boss fight in episode 6. That was behind the empty silo to the left after you drop down from the building with the hidden box in it. :)

StarsRPD
08-26-2010, 08:43 PM
On a red chair by a cliff. The chapter with driving in daylight.

Louie82Y
08-27-2010, 02:17 AM
Chapter 5, in the garage like area you walk into after Alan falls out of the chopper. It was behind that giant stack of pipes on the wall.

black goes gray
08-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Chapter 1, on the cliff near the generator next to the two barrels, after a drop.

GameScares
08-28-2010, 10:12 PM

Same, I used a guide that missed this one so read another guide and tried to figure from the 100 entries which one I'd missed, tried a few before that I had already got, but yeah this was the one for me, so glad to hear that achievement pop!

Archvile78
08-29-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm pretty much like TC, had to play 5h just to find the last thermos, which happened to be on a stump before you head down to the anderson farm.

Killie Lad
08-29-2010, 03:53 PM
in alans dream inside the bunker missed it like 4 times :doh: .

sirlemonhead
08-30-2010, 04:02 PM

that was my second last one..no idea how I missed it twice.

My last one was the one at the top of the hill, just before you and Alice step onto Diver's Isle

cblock
09-02-2010, 01:28 AM

That pesky bunker! I didn't even see the stairs until my 4th time through too. And the thermos hidden behind the ranger station was downright annoying. A lot of people criticize the game for having too many thermoses but I kinda liked it. At the risk of sounding sexist, I think I like collectibles because it feels like I'm accomplishing something. I would say that it's like tidying up the house but that is too sexist ;) However, in my defense, women did evolve for thousands of years to gather berries and firewood. It would be interesting to see how many women like collectibles vs. men. Boy, I've done it now. The lefties are going to get on me for being sexist and the righties are going to blast me about evolution. That's assuming anyone even cares about this post.