PDA

View Full Version : Poetry in Motion achievement glitch?

Dubscythe
02-23-2012, 03:31 PM
I just got done a run of Fight 'Till Dawn in Ghost Town, my score was 110,750 with a survivor streak of 8:50; well over the requirements for the achievement and yet I didn't get it.

Is it glitched?

Nelsh
02-23-2012, 09:45 PM
You have to do it on nightmare? (Not sure)

MarkusRMD
02-23-2012, 09:55 PM
We did test it during development. Anyone else have this problem?

LonelyGreyWolf
02-23-2012, 10:12 PM
I don't have it myself, but I've seen quite a bunch of people who have that achievement. Perhaps it doesn't work properly on certain maps? Or it might be some other condition.

WesmanPipes
02-23-2012, 10:46 PM
First off, just want to thank everyone at Remedy for another fantastic game. I too did not receive the Poetry In Motion achievement. Am currently ranked 2nd in the world on Ghost Town Nightmare, with a score of roughly 114,000 and lasted 7.5 minutes. Not too pissed about it, because I believe I could do it again. But would be nice to investigated, seeing as how I am not the only one having a problem.
Ps. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to an Alan Wake 2.
GT: WesmanPipes

WesmanPipes
02-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Came across a user on Giantbomb.com who has had the same problem. His username is Rafaelfc. Doesnt give any details as to which map. Have a feeling that this achievement may be glitched on the Ghost Town map. Im wondering if it was tested on all maps or just a specific map. Hopefully some details will become available and those that seem to be having problems will be assisted.

WesmanPipes
02-24-2012, 01:10 AM
Did a second run through Ghost Town Nightmare. Improved my score to 125,000 and a 6min51sec period without being hit. Achievement still didint pop up. Heres to hoping for some help.

Maniac
02-24-2012, 01:26 AM
I don't think nightmare maps count for that achievement, arcade maps only.

Dubscythe
02-24-2012, 01:56 AM
I don't think nightmare maps count for that achievement, arcade maps only.

I wasn't on a Nightmare map.

jester131
02-24-2012, 12:40 PM
you can count me in.
Cemetary, Normal
6:20 Survivor Streak
101.850 Points
... and I didn't get the achievement.
I was online when I played this.

edit: I've got it now, 114k in the Normal Cave arena, don't know why I didn't get it at the Cemetary.

WesmanPipes
02-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Finally got the achievement last night while playing through Ghost Town Normal. Got over 100,000 and survived for the entirety without being hit. Achievement description is a little vague. Im guessing it must only be done on the normal arcade maps, even though it states it must be done in arcade.

For anyone attempting , find a location on a map with long lines of sight. Use the hunting rifle if possible and kill quickly. Dont have a much time to fool around. Use the first wave to build a up a combo to somewhere around 7 or 8. Try to maintain this and make sure when you end the game you have a combo near a 6. You will get a big bonus when the game ends. Good luck.

thin029
02-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Mine didn't unlock, too! I got 115,000 points and survived more than 8m. It's even recorded as a high score! Yet no achievement. =(

thin029
02-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Finally got it. We have to get 100,000 points without taking any damage at all.

DingoDaisy
02-27-2012, 02:37 PM
I had the same problem 6:05 streak with over 100,000 points on first arcade level

MetalDemocrazy
03-03-2012, 02:10 PM
I had the same probleeeeeem!!

9.59 streak with 104,000 points on Roulette Area!

MarkusRMD
03-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Yeah, we found that there is in fact a bug with the achievement. You basically need to end the level with your streak to get the achievement.

Sorry! Will fix if we find the crash issue some users have been having and do a title update.

jester131
03-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Yeah, we found that there is in fact a bug with the achievement. You basically need to end the level with your streak to get the achievement.

Sorry! Will fix if we find the crash issue some users have been having and do a title update.

??? What ???

Do a title update?

I thought this would never happen because an update for an Xbox title costs like 40k bucks (or so I've read on other threads here on the forum).
Does this mean that you also could implement a nightmare difficulty level for the story mode? I mean since you're going to make an update anyway why not doing a little favor for the fans while you're at it. People are complaining about the game being too easy more than only a few times. If it's doable, remedy, pls implement a nightmare difficulty for the story!!!

Narsis84
03-07-2012, 04:52 PM

Had a problem getting the achievement, then I found this thread and went back to do a little testing.

You don't have to finish the stage with your streak intact, you have to have your streak intact when you hit 100,000. My guess is that many will not hit 100,000 until the daybreak kills, which may be what leads to the misconception that you have to finish the stage with your streak.

Hope that helps.

Nelsh
03-08-2012, 03:14 AM
Good find.

Hope they notice.

Cephiros
03-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Had a problem getting the achievement, then I found this thread and went back to do a little testing.

You don't have to finish the stage with your streak intact, you have to have your streak intact when you hit 100,000. My guess is that many will not hit 100,000 until the daybreak kills, which may be what leads to the misconception that you have to finish the stage with your streak.

Hope that helps.

That has to be it. Because I did get over 100k at the end of a game and had over 9 minutes without getting hit but didn't get the 100k until after the sun came up.

Oh well, I think I can eventually get it. However, I do hope they fix this since it says you only need 100k and survive with over a 6 minute streak. Not, must hit 100k before getting hit at all.

BIO onicBOUNCER
03-10-2012, 10:22 AM
i just did this on the cemetery got 102400 with a 7:50 streak. gutted that the achievement is glitched as ive been trying to get this all week :( will the achievement unlock if they release a patch or will i have to try again? :/

samivRMD
03-15-2012, 06:31 PM
If we get to release a patch we'll try to make sure this achievement glitch gets also fixed... Wupst. O:-P

SamiV.

walan
03-18-2012, 09:43 AM
I just got 105150 on Oil Field and DIDN'T get the achievement (and didn't get hit once, at all).

Just to confirm... do we have to get 100k BEFORE the sun comes up (and gives us our 'killing everything else' bonus?)

Is there any chance that a patch could retrospectively give me the achievement? I just don't think I will ever be able to replicate my final run! I really liked having 100% achievements in Alan Wake 1 :(

zombieman5000
09-03-2012, 10:57 AM
i finally got 107.100 points and i didnt take any damage the whole 6 minutes im supposed to get over 100.000points to get the achievement i got the required amount to get it.and i did this on oil field and i got excited beccause it took me all weekend to get it. and when achievement didnt show up i was upset because i worked so hard to get it. i think there is a bug for that achievement can someone please fix this problem thank you. and i hope im not the only ine haveing a problem with getting this achievement to come up

RadiNightingale
09-04-2012, 05:59 AM
Its glitched (at least on the xbox version) you need to finish it without getting hit at all to get the achievement.

zombieman5000
09-04-2012, 12:41 PM
thank you for telling me its glitched on the xbox version i did finish the level without getting hit and the achievement didnt still pop up. are they going to fix the glitch or send out a patch for the xbox 360 version can you please get back to me and thanks for all your help.

zombieman5000
09-05-2012, 01:29 AM
i worked all laborday weekend to get over 100.000 points and sunday after noon i did it on oil field and i finally got 107.100 ponts with out takeing a hit the whole game it was hard but i did it on my xbox 360 i got really happy when i got over 100.000 points and then the achievement didnt pop up i was sad and its now september 4 th and the glitch hasent been fixed yet and i accidently posted it on the wrong forum and can you give me an estamet when it will be fixed thanks for all your help with this issue i also like to have 100% achivements on every game i play

Jaden
09-05-2012, 06:02 AM
Have you turned on the XBOX360 since then?

I was trying to get the achievement for "The Writer" (I think) DLC pack, where you finish the level without dying. The game froze on the credits for some reason and I had to manually turn it off. I thought I lost that achievement, but it was awarded when I turned the console on again.
Perhaps something like that happened with you too?

zombieman5000
09-27-2012, 11:07 AM
i worked really hard to get this achievement all labourday weekend and finally got 107.100 points on the oil field and i went through the whole game without getting touched once and at the end of the game the achievement still didnt show up i was upset because thats a really hard achievement to get i think its a glitch is there anyway someone can put out a patch for alan wake american nightnare xbox 360 version thank for all your help with this issue

P.S i really like to finish all my games wiith 100% achievements

WilliamErdman
10-01-2012, 05:20 AM
I too have this gliltch. I've completed the Achievement twice on the normal Trailer Park. The first time I got 105,000+ with an eight plus minute bonus. I didn't get the score till daylight broke and I was offline at the time. Figuring I had to be online to get the achievement I ran the level again until I again completed the achievement this time with an almost nine minute bonus and 109,150 pts, which I got before daylight broke.

If I understand what is being said I need to keep playing till I get the appropriate point score without getting hit, which would be pretty much the entire game. I've spent a good bit of time working for this achievement and am slightly frustrated but I understand bugs happen. Hopefully there is a fix soon, otherwise I may just come back another day to try and get the achievement.

Lauri
10-01-2012, 07:57 AM
As SamiV mentioned earlier, we'll probably fix this when and if the next patch is released. Pushing updates is a lenghty process, and one achievement glitch isn't unfortunately enough to patch :(

MikkiRMD
10-02-2012, 04:30 PM
And just to be clear, Lauri is talking about the Steam version. Whether the Xbox 360 version gets patched is a publisher decision, and out of our hands.

zombieman5000
10-03-2012, 06:54 PM
to anyone that has alan wake american nightmare for xbox 360 i talked to xbox live yesterday and they said microsoft isnt going to fix the glitch if anyone knows how to get a hold of micro soft maybe you could tell them olot of people are haveing a problem with getting that achievement P.S thanks for all your support with me on this all you xbox live gamers out there and maybe if enough people complain they might just put out a patch for xbox 360 alan wake american nightmare

Lauri
10-04-2012, 07:23 AM
You can visit the Xbox forums, chat with an Xbox ambassador or send a message to the support at http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/alan-wake/alan-wake-info

zombieman5000
10-04-2012, 02:49 PM
its not glitched i just played for the ahievenent and here is some help for the people that still need it for tge xbox 360 version i went through the whole game without getting touched at all and you have to get over 100.000 points before dawn breaks i did i got 110.150 points and the achievement popped up i was so happy i started danceing