PDA

View Full Version : PC Classic Death Rally 2 , A possibility sometime in the future?

jusefarabi
03-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks Remedy for releasing Death Rally for Windows for free, thats an awesome gesture for a company to make. I remember installing Death Rally back in the day on an old pc using like 14 floppy disks or something stupid like that.

Nowadays however you hardly see fun arcade like games in the style of Death Rally. So, it makes me wonder have you guys ever thought about doing a full reboot of the series and creating a block buster AAA game in the style of Carmageddon or the like?

Personally, that would be pretty awesome, to see a gloriously rendered 3D Death Rally, with Duke and Jane walking around talking smack to each other in the drivers lounge as you wait for the race to start.

I get games like this are hard to make because of the capital required for the project, investors want to know they are going to get their money back with 10% gains.

So what about a simpler reboot for Death Rally? Go arcade style, same format as the original, but blow it out in full 1080 HD, and market it as one of those casual games. I'd love to see something like available on the PSN or Steam, something similar.

Anyways, really just wanted to spur the topic up because I was reading the part in the html readme about getting on the forums and letting you know if we'd be interested in seeing more Death Rally.

I see there is Death Rally for the mobile devices but that has no interest for me. I'm a PC classic kind of gamer, if the image doesn't show up on my TV(monitor) its usually not big enough to keep me interested.

Brian_ch
03-31-2012, 03:38 PM
Would be great to have a 'death rally 2' (modernized, but still keeping the old style), I was thinking that this was going to happen soon, but I'm starting to be pessimist about that, we don't even see topics about the classic anymore.

come on remedy, surprise us again. :-)

jusefarabi
08-10-2012, 12:51 PM
SURPRISE!!!!

I just bought it. I saw it on Steam when I logged on and instantly purchased it for 8.50.

Its Death Rally, but the old style. Thank you Remedy, thats just stellar.

MestV
08-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Same sh*t here! I was just hoping for a new and improved Death Rally, since it had allready been done on IOS and Android. I wasn't even done thinking about the fun to be had when I would be able to play with those improved gfx, and to my liking even shorter more intense races (I somehow just got to love these "hey, let me just fire this up for 10 mins" kind of things) and bam... there it was, ready on steam, and I'm just enjoying myself hours at the time on planned "10 min sessions". Pure awesomeness!

Thank you Devs!

Doomfrost
08-13-2012, 07:10 PM
It's definitely an amazing game. Just a little sad that Duke Nukem didn't make an appearance. Though I enjoyed seeing some of the old racers like Nasty Nick, Bogus Bill, Sam Speed, and Suzy Stock sticking around. So yeah thanks to Remedy for another great Death Rally.

Lumberjack
08-16-2013, 11:11 PM
I think it's safe to say we all miss Farmer Ted.