Difficulty levels.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulty levels.

Will there, or is there intended to be, a possible update that gives AW:AN a nightmare mode? Within the entire course of the storyline/campaign, I didn't die a single time through. I enjoyed the game thoroughly, but I would really love to see a more challenging version of it.

Re: Difficulty levels.

It's DEMANDING!

The story mode, and even Fight Till Dawn on normal, are TOO EASY!

Comment

What, we can't change the difficulty after finishing story mode?

That blows.

Seriously.

What were they thinking????
      "Following a typical nightmare pattern, I was late, desperately trying to reach my destination – a lighthouse – for some urgent reason I couldn’t remember."

Comment

The lack of a Nightmare difficulty is the only real oversight to me, and its such a big one, I am kinda surprised
        Looking forward to more Alan Wake

Comment

The game was too easy!
          Major disapoint on that!
          Never died on the campaign, not even got NEAR dead or seeing things in black and white.. actually I don't know if this feature is on AN...
          It should have easy (as it's set now), normal and hard off the box, then Nightmare after finishing the campaign..

MAJOR bummer.

Comment

They should have put in a Nightmare difficulty, then taken out a couple of the fight till dawn achievements and added a 50 point achievement for beating it on Nightmare. Oh well, guess we can wait until Alan Wake 2...
            Last edited by JakeBloom; 02-23-2012, 05:20 AM.
            Awaiting Alan Wake 2 announcement... whenever it comes.

Comment

Will there be AW2 or will they continue these XBLA installments? Time will tell, I guess. Either way, I'm good with whatever they choose.

Comment

Originally posted by OttoSporteman View Post
                The game was too easy!
                Major disapoint on that!
                Never died on the campaign, not even got NEAR dead or seeing things in black and white.. actually I don't know if this feature is on AN...
                It should have easy (as it's set now), normal and hard off the box, then Nightmare after finishing the campaign..

MAJOR bummer.
                Yes, the feature is still (somewhat) there.
                If you get hit by normal taken about 3 times it will turn the screen a bit darker.
                This is, if you excuse me, a DAMN fine cup of coffee"

Comment

if XBLA has title updates maybe they can add a nightmare Difficulty for the story mode

Comment

That would be my hope. We'll see.

Comment

I really want to know their reasons for not having difficulty settings. I mean really!

That's a huge oversight!

It hadn't even occurred to me that they could be doing this. I automatically assumed there would be difficulty levels because the original had them too.
                      "Following a typical nightmare pattern, I was late, desperately trying to reach my destination – a lighthouse – for some urgent reason I couldn’t remember."

Comment

I can't deny that I was somewhat disappointed at the lack of a Nightmare mode for the story. It was all a little too easy up until the very last confrontation.

Comment

I haven't finished story mode yet, but I'm guessing I'm close and I haven't even been on low health yet.

There's just no tension!

Comment

I figured there would be one too, but no dice.

Comment

Come on Remedy, please explain why you removed difficulty setting AND made the game "walk in the park" -easy?

Comment

Working...
                              X