Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Wake did what again?!!!...(AWAN Theories, HEAVY SPOILERS!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alan Wake did what again?!!!...(AWAN Theories, HEAVY SPOILERS!)

So here's some more nonsense for you guys.

If there is a dream reality, then Night Springs is Alans domain sort of?!?
    A play ground for Alan to be in between the two places, the Dark Place and the real world.
    Alan wanted to get into Alices domain and he could use something Alice created, to get there. So he inserted the movie into Night Spring that is between, reality and Dark Place and now they have an connection.

I don't know if Alan necessarily wants to show Barry anything. I'm not saying it's impossible, but what I would do is to get in touch with the wife, who thinks your'e dead.
    Maybe it was to get to them both.

Because the plot thickens everyday and the pieces of puzzle keep crumblin' away, but I know, there's a picture beneath.
    I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

Why are responses so largeeeeeee?

Comment

Originally posted by Kranitoko View Post
        LOL

But its a very interesting read
        Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kranitoko View Post

I think because it’s a heavy “Theory” Dude! And their responses are also heavy. Give it a shot!

Comment

Originally posted by johnphenomenon View Post
            I don't like to stick to one theory, I like to question everything. I apply the same philosophy to my life.

Such is Life! I agree with you, Dude. I do the same thing in Life. And I did the same thing in the Alan Wake Franchise. All the theories that I’ve read and all the other theories that I’ve formulated before the “Paradox Theory” came up to me are still under my radar. I always question them, including the “Paradox Theory.” Because these are just theories, and as such they are neither true nor false. But they are there to guide us in our interpretation and understanding. They are all good solid and viable theories, even the weird ones! I’ve been there, and I swam and dove these deepest, darkest ocean greens in search of the Light! And then I’ve discovered the “Paradox Theory!” And ever since, the “Paradox Theory!” has been my flashlight in my long journey through the night back into the Light. And it still is!

As I told you before, I'm not looking for answers, because I know they'll never come.

I’m glad you’ve embraced this truth. A lot of the fans and followers out there believe they will get answers or revelations from the next installment, or from the next one, or from the next one. But what they will get are more mysteries, and more mysteries and more mysteries. The beauty of this Franchise is that it is designed as a mystery, and will always stay as a mystery. Because the unanswered mystery is what stays with us the longest, and it’s what we’ll remember in the end. His name is Alan Wake. He’s a writer…

Even though we won’t get any direct answers, I have the “Paradox Theory” for now to guide me!

I didn't mean to say anything against Remedy. In fact, I meant it as a compliment. If my theory is correct and AWAN's story really is just a big joke, then that'd be brilliant

I don’t know about this one, Dude .But let’s wait and see what the fans and followers would say when they find out that the story of AWAN in the Story Mode is just a big joke. I don’t think that if negative responses were to arise from these fans and followers would mean as compliments to Remedy at all. I mean, that would ruin them! Imagine some fans bought the game for the story primarily, Arcade function secondarily, and then them playing the Story Mode which is actually designed as a big joke. That is Heavy, Dude. Don’t you think?!

I'd appreciate it if you could help me out with that last "FROM Night Springs" line that I mentioned. It's driving me nuts! I don't understand what it means. In my thread, I found some evidence that may suggest that Night Springs is not in the Dark Place, but then that line just messes up everything! What do you think?

Again, this is a mystery. And you know how it is in the Alan Wake universe; it’s all a bloody mystery! But, it doesn’t mean we can’t take a bite at it, right Dude? After all, these are just theories!

This is my take on it, and again Dude, this is just a “theory.” Okay? Nothing here is set in stone. Now, what the Narrator said at the end is this:

“One thing is certain: This scene takes place in another time and another place…far, far away…from Night Springs.”

The first thing that popped into my mind was “Naboo!” You know, in a Galaxy far, far away! But f@ck, that was also in a totally different universe!

I believe the Narrator is pertaining to the Movie Scene of Alan and Alice that just ended. That was the last scene in the ending of this “Return” episode that we could see, and then the Narrator started talking just as the scene fades away. Do you remember that this Movie was taken by Alice in the past while Alan and Alice where on vacation in the desert? These last scenes are moments snatched from times gone by. From a past – Alan’s and Alice’s past. Maybe the Narrator was trying to described the Movie Scene as taking place in another time and place far, far away from Night Springs because in the past, when Alan and Alice recorded this scene they were away for a vacation in a different place in the desert which is not Night Springs because in Alan’s and Alice’s reality the town of Night Springs doesn’t exist. It’s a fictional show were Alan used to write stuff for them, and not a real place in their reality. So, when Alan and Alice took that recording of their vacation in the desert, it was in another time and another place far from the town of Night Springs where Alan is inside the story of his “Return” episode.

So, whatever the Narrator said in the AWAN game is not really coming from the Narrator per se. It is really coming from Alan Wake because it was Alan who wrote the initial “Return” episode, and it is also Alan Wake who used this old “Return” episode and then re-wrote it for what we believe is the AWAN game and the episode that is also broadcasted in Barry’s TV. In a way, we could say that the Narrator was just following a script. A script that Alan Wake wrote and re-wrote. And so, it is really Alan Wake who is telling us this scene takes place in another time and another place…far, far away…from Night Springs. And that what it describes is probably just the Movie Scene and not the entire “Return” episode. That’s my take on it, but that’s just me! This is just a theory. No more, no less!

Now, whether this re-written “Return” episode is really happening in reality and simultaneously in Barry’s TV, or maybe just in Barry’s TV and Barry dreaming it simultaneously, or maybe all three, in reality, in Barry’s TV and in Barry’s dream happening simultaneously, or maybe happening just in Barry’s TV alone, remains a mystery! These are all possible mysteries and scenarios that could happen in the AWAN game. Even the one you’ve mentioned above and in your other thread about the “Return” episode just happening in another plane of existence in the Dark Place is also possible. But then, everyone that we saw and heard in the AWAN game are not really what they are in Alan’s reality outside of the Dark Place in the present time. Their existences are yet to be revealed. That’s my take on it, but that’s just me! This is just a theory. No more, no less!

Once again Dude, “Theories” are just theories. And they will remain theories until proven true or false! It’s up to you to believe whatever you want to believe. And follow whatever you want to follow. It’s a free world, thank goodness for that! I’m free, you are free, and everybody is free! And for me, I have the “Paradox Theory!” This is my flashlight for now!

The “Paradox Theory” still Lives!

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Jill View Post
              Such is Life! I agree with you, Dude. I do the same thing in Life. And I did the same thing in the Alan Wake Franchise. All the theories that I’ve read and all the other theories that I’ve formulated before the “Paradox Theory” came up to me are still under my radar. I always question them, including the “Paradox Theory.” Because these are just theories, and as such they are neither true nor false. But they are there to guide us in our interpretation and understanding. They are all good solid and viable theories, even the weird ones! I’ve been there, and I swam and dove these deepest, darkest ocean greens in search of the Light! And then I’ve discovered the “Paradox Theory!” And ever since, the “Paradox Theory!” has been my flashlight in my long journey through the night back into the Light. And it still is!

I’m glad you’ve embraced this truth. A lot of the fans and followers out there believe they will get answers or revelations from the next installment, or from the next one, or from the next one. But what they will get are more mysteries, and more mysteries and more mysteries. The beauty of this Franchise is that it is designed as a mystery, and will always stay as a mystery. Because the unanswered mystery is what stays with us the longest, and it’s what we’ll remember in the end. His name is Alan Wake. He’s a writer…

Even though we won’t get any direct answers, I have the “Paradox Theory” for now to guide me!

I don’t know about this one, Dude .But let’s wait and see what the fans and followers would say when they find out that the story of AWAN in the Story Mode is just a big joke. I don’t think that if negative responses were to arise from these fans and followers would mean as compliments to Remedy at all. I mean, that would ruin them! Imagine some fans bought the game for the story primarily, Arcade function secondarily, and then them playing the Story Mode which is actually designed as a big joke. That is Heavy, Dude. Don’t you think?!

Again, this is a mystery. And you know how it is in the Alan Wake universe; it’s all a bloody mystery! But, it doesn’t mean we can’t take a bite at it, right Dude? After all, these are just theories!

This is my take on it, and again Dude, this is just a “theory.” Okay? Nothing here is set in stone. Now, what the Narrator said at the end is this:

“One thing is certain: This scene takes place in another time and another place…far, far away…from Night Springs.”

The first thing that popped into my mind was “Naboo!” You know, in a Galaxy far, far away! But f@ck, that was also in a totally different universe!

I believe the Narrator is pertaining to the Movie Scene of Alan and Alice that just ended. That was the last scene in the ending of this “Return” episode that we could see, and then the Narrator started talking just as the scene fades away. Do you remember that this Movie was taken by Alice in the past while Alan and Alice where on vacation in the desert? These last scenes are moments snatched from times gone by. From a past – Alan’s and Alice’s past. Maybe the Narrator was trying to described the Movie Scene as taking place in another time and place far, far away from Night Springs because in the past, when Alan and Alice recorded this scene they were away for a vacation in a different place in the desert which is not Night Springs because in Alan’s and Alice’s reality the town of Night Springs doesn’t exist. It’s a fictional show were Alan used to write stuff for them, and not a real place in their reality. So, when Alan and Alice took that recording of their vacation in the desert, it was in another time and another place far from the town of Night Springs where Alan is inside the story of his “Return” episode.

So, whatever the Narrator said in the AWAN game is not really coming from the Narrator per se. It is really coming from Alan Wake because it was Alan who wrote the initial “Return” episode, and it is also Alan Wake who used this old “Return” episode and then re-wrote it for what we believe is the AWAN game and the episode that is also broadcasted in Barry’s TV. In a way, we could say that the Narrator was just following a script. A script that Alan Wake wrote and re-wrote. And so, it is really Alan Wake who is telling us this scene takes place in another time and another place…far, far away…from Night Springs. And that what it describes is probably just the Movie Scene and not the entire “Return” episode. That’s my take on it, but that’s just me! This is just a theory. No more, no less!

Now, whether this re-written “Return” episode is really happening in reality and simultaneously in Barry’s TV, or maybe just in Barry’s TV and Barry dreaming it simultaneously, or maybe all three, in reality, in Barry’s TV and in Barry’s dream happening simultaneously, or maybe happening just in Barry’s TV alone, remains a mystery! These are all possible mysteries and scenarios that could happen in the AWAN game. Even the one you’ve mentioned above and in your other thread about the “Return” episode just happening in another plane of existence in the Dark Place is also possible. But then, everyone that we saw and heard in the AWAN game are not really what they are in Alan’s reality outside of the Dark Place in the present time. Their existences are yet to be revealed. That’s my take on it, but that’s just me! This is just a theory. No more, no less!

Once again Dude, “Theories” are just theories. And they will remain theories until proven true or false! It’s up to you to believe whatever you want to believe. And follow whatever you want to follow. It’s a free world, thank goodness for that! I’m free, you are free, and everybody is free! And for me, I have the “Paradox Theory!” This is my flashlight for now!

The “Paradox Theory” still Lives!

Cheers!
              Whoa! I never realized that the narrator says, "THIS SCENE" which could easily mean he's only talking about the last scene. That pretty much explains the FROM part. But honestly, I was kinda getting used to my original idea about the dream/different plane of existence/night springs idea. I think I enjoy that idea better. Maybe I'll stick with that one. But I'm still not entirely sure it makes any sense.

But as I said before, I think your theory might fit in better here. Because something you said intrigued me. I forgot that Alan did write everything you see in the AWAN game (except the scenes with Barry). I can agree with you about that for AWAN (but not for AW sorry). If Alan wrote what the narrator says (including what he says at the end) then it was Alan's will (his plan) all along to have it set in a different reality, in "another time, another place, far far away from Night Springs." And in turn, by writing that, it became true, and he WAS far far away from Night Springs and thus, out of the Dark Place. Again, I'm not too sure about if the last line is referring to the last scene or the entire game. I'd prefer the latter actually. But thanks for your help, you've really shed some light on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickman View Post
                So here's some more nonsense for you guys.

If there is a dream reality, then Night Springs is Alans domain sort of?!?
                A play ground for Alan to be in between the two places, the Dark Place and the real world.
                Alan wanted to get into Alices domain and he could use something Alice created, to get there. So he inserted the movie into Night Spring that is between, reality and Dark Place and now they have an connection.

I don't know if Alan necessarily wants to show Barry anything. I'm not saying it's impossible, but what I would do is to get in touch with the wife, who thinks your'e dead.
                Maybe it was to get to them both.

Because the plot thickens everyday and the pieces of puzzle keep crumblin' away, but I know, there's a picture beneath.
                Dude, that's what I'm saying! It's not nonsense. Alan transported himself into a dream reality, a separate plane of existence outside of the real world and the Dark Place that is set in Night Springs. We can say that there is some correlation between dreams, Night Springs, the Dark Place, and the real world. There are many pages that hint at this. It seems that all of these realities are constantly fluctuating, merging, and separating in relation to one another. So we know that it is definitely a possibility that AWAN could be a way for Alan to return to the real world. For all we know, he already has (last scene).

Except, I rather think it's Barry's dream than Alice's. There doesn't seem any evidence to show that (but the scenes with Barry do prove it's his dream). Although you do have an interesting point. What is Alan trying to show Barry? What could Barry possibly do to help him? I have no idea about this. Maybe we'll know more in the next installment. But I believe Alan is indeed trying to contact Barry.

I thought more about my previous post about this, and I think it does make sense. It's a bit far-fetched but I would like to believe it to be true. For me, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by johnphenomenon
                  Except, I rather think it's Barry's dream than Alice's. There doesn't seem any evidence to show that (but the scenes with Barry do prove it's his dream).
                  Maybe, or maybe he's just near a fissure in the universe and picks up the broadcast.

Or maybe Alan uses Barry to get to Alice.

Or he shows Barry, that he wants to be with Alice, except Alice wouldn't believe a word Barry says.

Or maybe it's a re written past occurrence, from a old family vacation video in Arizona.

Well, there you go. Have fun spinning ideas, 'till you turn insane.
                  Because of your own curiosity. MUHAA HA HA HAAA!!!!
                  I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

One idea I have is that, AWAN is indeed a stand-alone installment of Alan Wake. Not just as a game, but as a story as well. When Remedy mentioned this before, this could actually be a sort of tongue-in-cheek joke. Because AWAN is indeed stand-alone. It stands outside of reality. You get what I mean?
                    It could be that the events of AWAN are happening on a different plane of existence, indicating that everything in it is indeed of Alan's creation, but it does not necessarily reflect the real world.
                    Everything, in AWAN could easily be disregarded as never happening. I don't really like this interpretation to be honest, not because I don't think its possible, actually it's because I do think it's possible. I hope it's not true. I desperately want AWAN to be some sort of indication of what is to come, or perhaps a peek into the future. But it could very well be just a stand-alone happening that is almost completely irrelevant to the overall story.
                    I didn't mean to say anything against Remedy. In fact, I meant it as a compliment. If my theory is correct and AWAN's story really is just a big joke, then that'd be brilliant, on like three different levels.
                    But honestly, I was kinda getting used to my original idea about the dream/different plane of existence/night springs idea. I think I enjoy that idea better. Maybe I'll stick with that one.

I totally dig it now, what you are trying to say here with these posts! I can’t stop thinking about it. And then it dawned on me. You could be Right! “Theoretically” correct that is. What you are trying to say on these posts above is “Theoretically” Possible. I got it!

There is no proof that Alan Wake is in reality in the AWAN game. There is no proof that Alan Wake got out of the Dark Place either in the AWAN game. And you keep mentioning “Stand Alone” and “Different Plane of Reality” which is also a possibility in the Alan Wake Franchise. You even went as far as saying:

Everything, in AWAN could easily be disregarded as never happening.

Man, you are probably and “Theoretically” correct! You opened up my eyes to this possibility! It sounds brilliant, just like you’ve said. Here let me explain.

What if the AWAN game is indeed a “stand alone” and “could easily be disregarded as never happening,” just like you’ve said above. Or if the AWAN game is happening, it is happening in a “different plane of reality,” just like you’ve said above. And then when the actual “Sequel” comes out, like Alan Wake 2, what if the story of the sequel would not follow the same story as the AWAN game story? That would be a total “Brain F@ck!” That’s Brilliant! Adding more mysteries to the already existing mysteries of the previous games. I call it “Double Brain F@ck!” It’s totally possible Dude! You’ve opened-up my eyes to this possibility. Oh, I wouldn’t be surprised if this where to happen when the Alan Wake 2 sequel comes out and the story would not connect to the AWAN game, just like you’ve said above. That’s a Double Brain F@ck!

And not only that, there is also a “Theoretical” possibility that when the Alan Wake 2 sequel comes out, the story on this sequel would not even connect to any of the previous games at all – Neither The first Alan Wake game, The 2 DLCs, nor The AWAN game! – “Triple Brain F@ck!” This is “Theoretically” possible! And it wouldn’t surprise me either if this one would also happen when the Alan Wake 2 sequel comes out and the story would not connect to any of the previous games. That’s a Triple Brain F@ck!

It is totally and “Theoretically” possible. It’s all up to Alan Wake now. After all, Alan Wake is in the Dark Place with the Power of the “Lake” by his side as an ally, anything could happen and this story could go anywhere. Oh, I won’t be surprised if any of these two possibilities where to happen. As a matter of fact, that would be Brilliant! A Double or a Triple Brain F@ck for everybody!

Now I understand what you mean when you said this:

I didn't mean to say anything against Remedy. In fact, I meant it as a compliment. If my theory is correct and AWAN's story really is just a big joke, then that'd be brilliant, on like three different levels.

It is indeed Brilliant! Not as a joke per se, but as an outcome joke. I could just imagine now what the followers of the Franchise would say or react if what I’ve said above about the Alan Wake 2 Sequel where to happen just like that. They would be stunned with this “WTF” look on their faces – “Priceless!” – Oh Man, I could see it now. Brilliant and Priceless! You are right Dude. Brilliant on like three different levels! I call it “Triple Brain F@ck!” Awesome Dude! But it won’t surprise me anymore. Not a bit.

With Alan Wake and the Power of the “Lake” together, that sounds like a lethal combination for the Alan Wake 2 sequel. A Double or a Triple Brain F@ck for everybody!

Cheers!

Comment

Glad we could finally agree on something, Jill. Yeah, I like this theory very much, it feels right. I kinda like how Alan Wake 2 could possibly completely disregard the events of AWAN, because I would very much like to see what exactly happened right after the events of the original Alan Wake. But then again, we shouldn't rule anything out. Even if I'm wrong, I'm sure Alan Wake 2 will deliver. God, I'm so freakin' excited! I know it's gonna take a long time, but I just can't wait! I love Alan Wake! I love you Remedy!

Comment

Glad we could finally agree on something, Jill.

Oh yes! I told you I am flexible. If I find a topic sensible enough and I believe in the possibility of that topic, I would agree on it as well. You opened up my eyes to this other possibility with your theory Dude! Thanks a lot, Bro. That’s Awesome!

Yeah, I like this theory very much, it feels right. I kinda like how Alan Wake 2 could possibly completely disregard the events of AWAN, because I would very much like to see what exactly happened right after the events of the original Alan Wake.

Oh yeah! I would call this a “Double Brain F@ck!” Possibly the Alan Wake 2 game is not connected to the story of the AWAN game. Awesome!

But there is also a third possibility. The Alan Wake 2 game would not connect to all of the other previous games – Neither The first Alan Wake game, nor The AWAN game! – This is what I call a “Triple Brain F@ck!” It’s totally possible. With Alan Wake and the Power of the “Lake” together, that sounds like a lethal combination for the Alan Wake 2 sequel. One is “Silent but Deadly” and the other one has a “Pen that’s mightier than the sword!” F@ck, that’s a killer combination. A “Double” or a “Triple Brain F@ck” for everybody! Dude, I even “named” your theory – the “Triple-Double” Theory!

At the end of the Alan Wake 2 sequel, I won’t be surprised if Alan Wake would say something like – “I’m not on the Lake, I’m on the Ocean!” – Ha-ha! “Triple Brain F@ck!” Awesome!

I would very much like to see what exactly happened right after the events of the original Alan Wake.

Who knows? Maybe we would see it, or maybe we will never exactly see it if a “Triple Brain F@ck” is to occur. That would be Awesome!

But then again, we shouldn't rule anything out.

Oh yes! Most definitely, Dude! We are just adding all the possibilities here. I would still follow the “Paradox Theory” as my primary “Theory.” I just added your “Triple-Double” Theory along with my other secondary theories on the list. Because the possibilities are now endless! It’s all up to Alan Wake and the Power of the “Lake!” It’s gonna’ be Awesome!

I'm sure Alan Wake 2 will deliver. God, I'm so freakin' excited!

Oh for sure, Dude! This story could go anywhere from here. But if your “Triple-Double” theory is to occur in Alan Wake 2, I would not be surprised at all. Not one bit!

What’s making me freakin’ excited are the reactions of fans and followers if your “Triple-Double” theory is to occur in Alan Wake 2. I can see it now. Just imagine their “WTF” Faces! – Priceless! – Awesome Dude! What’s even more exciting is that they will share these “WTF” moments and their confused theories with us here in this Forum and out there on the other Forum Boards. Awesome Dude! F@cking Total Awesomeness! Just like you’ve said – Brilliant on like three different levels!

I know it's gonna take a long time, but I just can't wait!

How did you know that? A little fairy told you?! It’s probably coming out for the next generation of consoles. I could understand that. But who knows? Only the little fairy knows!

Cheers!

Comment

Swear to god I think I read "dude" 40 times in one post, cut it down a little bit as your theories in this are actually quite good aside from the abuse of your d, u, and e keys.

Now, having read all of this Jill I think you ignore (quite a bit when I read these theories of yours) the part where Alan writes into a manuscript page where the Dark Place, and the Dark Presence do not necessarily use the literal word of the manuscript, or any creation per se, it can also use what you imply underneath it all. A story that has to be precisely written is nearly impossible, so it means the Darkness has leeway in a number of matters but is largely bound to the manuscript because it is more precise. Zane and the Old Gods had a much tougher time of it as they had to use their own methods poetry and song, which were much less effective to fight back against the darkness.

Indeed, the only solution Alan has against the Dark Presence was to write himself into the story to fight back that way, which then leads to his own paradox but I personally believe it's more a personal one than one that applies to everyone evenly.

Comment

Yup! That sounds like Alan Wake alright. He is the writer after all. He wrote himself as well as everybody else in the story. Fantastic job Wake, just great! Way to go, Psycho!

Comment

Working...
                            X