Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still no updates, its 2008 for crying out loud.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no updates, its 2008 for crying out loud.

Now before we get off to an bad start here, I just want to stay that I know that remedy wants to keep things under wrap until they are ready to show us there progress.

But for crying out loud it is in now April 2008 and we still haven't gotten any new trailers or screenshots, I want to know more about the game, my patience is slowly running thin, I'm slowly starting to forget this game.

even if a single screenshot of there latest build wouldn't hurt yous know.

Any other people here feel the same way.

Sorry if this sounds bad, I just dont want to see this game being another Duke Nukem Forever!.
    Alan Wake is looking good, me need more info though :).

Re: Still no updates, its 2008 for crying out loud.

You know what's ironic about this situation? When Remedy does release some info on the game...the hype will restart. So, truly, it doesn't really matter if they don't release anything just to satisfy a few people's cravings.

Comment

Originally posted by sdrawkcab View Post
      You know what's ironic about this situation? When Remedy does release some info on the game...the hype will restart. So, truly, it doesn't really matter if they don't release anything just to satisfy a few people's cravings.
      actually they did show a screenshot:

http://brightfalls.net/page/2/

bottom of page.

Comment

I'm sure thy will show one new trailer on E3 2008

Comment

Patience. The media "blackout" won't continue for too much longer.

Update: I mean that in the sense that Microsoft is aiming for a 2008 release, so it would be logical for marketing and promotional material to start appearing soon. I do not know any specific details or dates at this point in time. The latest solid information will always be displayed loud and clear on the front page news. Release date info is always updated on my sig.
          Last edited by Morry; 04-08-2008, 01:47 AM.
          Remedy's currently known projects:
          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

what does too much longer mean?

you better announce something this month or in early may

nobody wants to wait 4 months for e3 to hear something

just update us weekly or something

or shit , just show a 2 minute gameplay demo and get some 2 million pre orders as a result ( im sure the game is in more then a playable state right now , if its not just inform us about the game)

The most depressing things about this game coming from a gamer is this

It was one of the FIRST games announced for 360

Yet i could ask 30 people on XBL about the game and they would say they have never heard of it before

And now remedy is competing with alone in the dark 5 to boot

they need to show something IMMEDIATELY

Dont wait for e3 so this game goes un noticed because of games like gears 2 and banjo 3

Comment

Guitlyspark: No need to act like that. Remedy are well aware that people want more information. When they feel it's best to start releasing new media they will.

It's not up to you to decide when's the best time for them, I'm sure they know.

Also remember, that we as forum staff are in the same position as you. We are all eager for more information but it's best to be patient and let Remedy do what they do best. Create great games for YOU to enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
                Guitlyspark: No need to act like that. Remedy are well aware that people want more information. When they feel it's best to start releasing new media they will.

It's not up to you to decide when's the best time for them, I'm sure they know.
                well at least tell me this

Is it remedy that is controlling the blackout or is it MS ?

Comment

Remedy is. They have always wished to develop a game within their own time frame without restrictions placed by publishers. That way they can create the best game that they want.

Due to the success that they have achieved with their previous games they can do that now with Alan Wake.

Comment

nice

Comment

Guilty Spark, look at it this way. I'm sure you've stopped caring for the most part like I do. Lost interest so to say. This is a win win situation for us if Remedy keeps this up:

If the game turns out to have low publicity and fails as a result, we get to laugh at Remedy for being idiots.

If the game succeeds, we get to have a nice game that may finally pull me off my 360.

Comment

Microsoft have always treated it as one of their premier titles, often citing it as one of their most anticipated titles for 2008 (according to Microsoft, so don't take it as official!).
                        I'm certain that when the time comes, they will both start to release more information about the game.
                        One thing I do know, is that Remedy does not wish to spoil the experience for players by revealing too much before its release. Due to the nature of the game, building up suspense is a key part, so there are plenty of reasons to leave parts of the game hidden until we can get our hands on it.
                        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
                          Patience. The media "blackout" won't continue for too much longer.
                          Just an announcement to everyone that this is not "news" and we don't know when the media blackout is to end.

Please continue to be patient and when we do know something we will post it up at brightfalls.net or here. Don't read into comments too much.

Comment

Of course, I meant that in the sense that Microsoft has been mentioning "2008" for the past couple of months, and if you take in to account the time needed for proper marketing and promotion, my guess is that we are not too far off seeing something new.

Though I have to say, watching my innocent comment explode on to a random news site shows just how much anticipation there is for the game. In 13 hours, that story has already hyped up 64 comments on one site alone.

Update: 10 news sites and counting...

For anyone following links from news sites:
                            - I do not know when the blackout will end
                            - When we hear anything from Remedy or Microsoft regarding any kind of new information, we will post it loud and clear. There are no tricks up our sleeves at the moment.
                            Last edited by Morry; 04-07-2008, 01:16 PM.
                            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

I think the blackout will continue, but not for long... I think it is good that the remedy doesn't spoil us any information so we have the best experience, but then nobody won't buy it if they don't know what is this game is all about. I mean GTA IV is hyped so much and so would be AW if they would release information about the game every month or something like that. But it is important that we know what are the basic gameplay elements. Now we only know that this game: has new kind of use flashlight, physics and open environment, but nothing more. I think the main reason for hype is because of the graphics. But if they don't upgrade graphics and will release it somewhere 2010 nobody will buy it because the only thing that we can look from trailers are the graphics. That is why the Crysis sold so good:"Graphics", but everyhing else sucked in my opinion. AW looks still good, but it won't be long when the quality in other games is as good as AW. I hope remedy knows what to do...
                              KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Working...
                              X