Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Remedy Live! - 2pm GMT - Wednesday 20th January!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remedy Live! - 2pm GMT - Wednesday 20th January!

Thanks to all those who made the Q&A chat, if you couldn't make it you can read the chat log here:
    http://forum.alanwake.com/files/remedy_qna_chat.txt
    (thanks to Jokke_r for this)

Great news everyone! We have secured a time and place to hold our live Q&A chat with Remedy and it's all going down next Wednesday 20th of January at 2pm GMT.

Here are the details for everyone:

When: Wednesday 20th January
    Time: 2pm GMT (You can see what time it is for you here)
    Place: #brightfalls on irc.quakenet.org

If you don't have an IRC client you can use the Quakenet webchat to join. Simply go to http://webchat.quakenet.org/ and enter your username in the nickname field and #brightfalls in the channels field.

If you don't know how to use IRC then head over to the following links to learn more about it:

http://www.quakenet.org/faq/
    http://www.irchelp.org/

A really popular IRC client for Windows is mIRC which you can download at http://www.mirc.com/

Also we understand that this time doesn't suit everyone, we apologise if you can't make it. We will be providing a chat log at the end of the session up on this site.

2pm GMT would mean it'll be 6am in San Francisco, 8am in Dallas, 9am in Toronto, 2pm in London, 10pm in Perth and 1am in Sydney. So we're managing barely to cover most of the world within at the very least optimal times.

The chat will function like so:

The #brightfalls room itself will be moderated during the Q&A, this means only me and Remedy staff participating will be able to talk. If you want to ask a question you will need to send the question that you will be asking to me either via private message on these boards (if you do it this way please use the same nickname you use here on the chat) or private message me in IRC at the start of the Q&A session. I will then choose people at random who have relevant questions (ie questions that haven't been answered already), to talk to Remedy. To do so you will be given 'voice status' and you will be able to talk freely in the channel.

That's it.

Hopefully everything run's smoothly (I'll try my best!) and I hope to talk to you all there!

Re: Remedy Live! - 2pm GMT - Wednesday 20th January!

Oh in addition we will also be giving out an Alan Wake t-shirt and flashlight during the chat as well

Comment

Nice! I'll be sending questions for you, since I won't be able to participate in the chat.
      KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Originally posted by AnttiApina View Post
        Nice! I'll be sending questions for you, since I won't be able to participate in the chat.
        Not a problem at all.

I suggest anyone that can't make it that want questions answered PM me here with their questions and I can ask it for you.

Please note in your PM that won't be making it as well though.

Comment

If we submit questions but can't make the chat will we still be able to have a chance to win the flashlight and t-shirt?

Comment

Originally posted by JTX View Post
            If we submit questions but can't make the chat will we still be able to have a chance to win the flashlight and t-shirt?
            Unfortunately not, but there's always more chances in the future as we hold more competitions

Comment

Thats cool...thanks.

Comment

Good, i will be there
                Chelsea Football Club - CFC' GO BLUES!

Comment

2pm GMT is 5.30pm Over here and that's fit to me. great!
                  Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Gene, can i ask you a favor?

I don't know how to see what time will be here, on Brazil...can you see this for me? Thank you

Comment

It'll be 12pm your time.

There's a great time converter here if you need to find out what time it'll be on in your timezone:
                      http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Just set the top line to say - Day: 20 Month: January Year: 2010 Hour: 14 / 2pm Minutes: 00
                      Leave the first location as "UTC / GMT"

Then select your location below that.

Comment

oh ADM, thank's.. Yes, 12pm it's perfect for me...

So, i will be there \o/

Comment

Sweet. 8am central standard time...I'm always up around now(it's 10am NOW).
                          AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Originally posted by WakeLestat360 View Post
                            Gene, can i ask you a favor?

I don't know how to see what time will be here, on Brazil...can you see this for me? Thank you
                            Yeah, that's how ADM said.
                            --
                            another way: double click the watch on toolbar of the windows, in opened window go to " time zone" tab. There you can see the difference of your location's time against GMT
                            Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

So that would be like 10:00 or 11:00 AM Eastern time, I think? If that's the time then I won't be able to make it. I will be in college at that moment. Damn I wanted that flashlight.
                              Defeat is not an option, they picked a fight with a warlock. I have Tiger blood and Adonis DNA. Duhh Winning.

Comment

Working...
                              X