• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What is with this?

Originally posted by Bryan108 View Post
    I went on XBL and checked Alan Wake description,
    it clearly says "HDTV 720p"
    Every game says that, the point is that if you take a 900x500 picture rendered inside 360 and stretch it to 720p output, you get a blurry game because you dont have the information for the added pixels and are just a blurry aproximation/interpolation

Thus Alan Wake looks so blurry

the 900x500 resolution is closer to what Wii or old xbox 1 renders, it is unacceptable, on a 720p tv the game will look like blurry mess, i will probably buy it when is on bargain and play it on a tiny 14'' TV so it looks good and not blurry like te terrible Wii games

Comment

Ah, you know something?

Remedy don't have to prove anything! They already have confirmed the game is 720p, but if you don't trust, i can't do anything!

Now, stop saying things like if you're god of knowless!
      Chelsea Football Club - CFC' GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by WakeLestat360 View Post
        Ah, you know something?

Remedy don't have to prove anything! They already have confirmed the game is 720p, but if you don't trust, i can't do anything!

Now, stop saying things like if you're god of knowless!
        Then seems like they have lied, sorry but the game looks terribly blurryin the video, when it looks crisp in the FAKE bullshots

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/9...412615full.jpg

Like this FAKE one, why woul they release fake pics if the game was 720p ???

Comment

Who the hell said that this pic is fake?

Comment

Remedy please clarify this, i'm getting mad !

Comment

IGN has the exact same pics without HUD, meaning the HUD was deliberatly added (or better painted over) to those bullshots, SADLY !!!

I know, you catn grasp how dissapointing this is, you think i WANT the game to look like a blurry mess ? I was defending it with these bullshots a few hours ago in every forum, until i found out those pics on IGN !!!!

Imagine my frustration to see those pics are bullshots and had a HUD added to deceive into thinking they are the real in game deal, which is not

Sad, sad, sad stuff today
              Last edited by labwarrior; 04-17-2010, 08:03 PM.

Comment

He means that it looks less blurry then the videos.
                I am not saying he is right though. Just explaining what he mean't

Edit: even if the game is Sub-HD (which it's not) if it looks good on the TV you play it on what's wrong. Please stop this thread and just wait for RMD to reply, but I know what he is going to say "it's 720p".
                Last edited by Sebastian; 04-17-2010, 08:06 PM.
                Is The World Getting Smaller Or Am I Getting Bigger?

Comment

http://www.abload.de/img/bildinoriginalgre-2010dui1.jpg
                  screens like this show that it is clearly not 720p,game is really blurry
                  like i said before,Alan Wake is a day 1 game for me but this situation is really disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                    He means that it looks less blurry then the videos.
                    I am not saying he is right though. Just explaining what he mean't
                    It is not only that

1. these pics are on IGN without HUD, so it is not like they were grabbed in game, they are obviosuly faked later

2. they have zero jaggies, while in the video horizontal steps are 100% visible like in most subHD blurry games

3. the HUD in the video is crisp, yet the game looks horribly blurry

It is just too much, as i said i though these bullshots were for real and defended the game all afternoon, BUT ............... i just can't look like a moron defending it is 720p, when i find out the game runs in almost Wii resolution and will look mediocre as all sub HD games do

EDIT: sub HD games dont look good on bigger than 14'' screens, that is the problem, all of Fable 2, halo 3, FF13 look mediocre to sometimes terribly blurry and messy on my 32'' 720p TV

If a 900x500 game looked good, then any PS2 game in 640x480 would look about as "amazing"

In the end, the problem is NOT the low resolution, but the faked pics, the lies and the deception from Remedy part, when you sell something, you have to say the truth about what you sell, i thought it is illegal to lie about it and try to deceive everyone with fakes and also keep on lying even when the truth comes out

It is just too much
                    Last edited by labwarrior; 04-17-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

OH, so because don't have HUD, this pic is FAKE?

Do you have ALREADY hear something called "ON/OFF" ?

Oh man, you know something ? I'm out here...

Comment

http://forum.alanwake.com/showpost.p...&postcount=595
                        Well, markus says 720p and the Xbox360 OS handles the rest unless he means, we push out what we can and the OS makes it 720p. I hope its the former.

" BxB402 This is really not Alan Wake support thread..

But we really don't and can't control the resolutions in Alan Wake. We're just pushing 16:9 720p out and the Xbox360 OS handles the rest. The game doesn't even know whether you're connected with HDMI, VGA, Component, Composite and whatever rez you set your 360 to.

The setup you describe is not one I've tested but if 360 games typically work on it, I'd expect Wake to work too."

Comment

Me to
                          Is The World Getting Smaller Or Am I Getting Bigger?

Comment

Wait, you mean someone took the pics HUDless and gave them to IGN and then turned on the HUD in the exact same locations and took all pics again with HUD ?

In any case, that means that the pics were not taken while actually playing the game, because they would never be the same if that was the case

Man, that would be some wild guessing, my simple guess is that they took those bullshots and painted a HUD over later

Comment

Originally posted by labwarrior View Post
                              Sadly, all ADM confirmed is that the game is 720p when it comes out of 360, not that it is rendered in 720p

Sadly the horizontal visible steps make this subHD story 100% true, in the bullshots there are no visible steps, because they are fake

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/9...412615full.jpg

FAKE pics, we were lied to and deceived

Remedy (as many developers lately) have lied as it seems, unless they prove otherwise
                              Every single Alan Wake video released to date looks better than the ones on the German website, where the screengrabs are from. So think for a second here.

Comment

^^ Those look like screen grabs, compressed quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X