X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What is with this?

Originally posted by cr740524 View Post
    i guess by this they just admitted that the game is not running in native 720p...
    Becouse it doesn't. It uses custom deferred rendering from what I understand, and it's too easy to say it's 540p and to complicated to say it's not 720p.

Comment

explanation makes it sound like the game changes resolution dynamically depending on situation ?

Comment

These are used for example for cascaded shadow maps from sun & moon, shadow maps from flashlights, flares and street lights, z-prepass, tiled color buffers, light buffers for deferred rendering, vector blur, screen-space ambient occlusion, auto-exposure, HUD, video buffers, menus and so on. In the end all are combined to form one 720p image

READ^^^

Comment

I have a firmer grasp on Quantum Mechanics than what was said.
          AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

i guess by this they just admitted that the game is not running in native 720p...
            No various effects are at different resolutions the game hits the internal xbox 360 buffer at 720p, to be clear if the image is 720p on the buffer it is native 720p if the buffer was sub 720p it would then be upscaled by the scaler

So in all likelyhood there is an effect (cascaded shadow maps from sun & moon, shadow maps from flashlights, flares and street lights, z-prepass, tiled color buffers, light buffers for deferred rendering, vector blur, screen-space ambient occlusion, auto-exposure, or one of the other 30 odd effects) that is 540p, but the engine frame would have to be 720p or it wouldnt be 720p on the frame buiffer

\\Games like halo3 rendered a 540p image to the frame buffer and let the scaler upscale it, alan wake is clearly not doing this\\
            Last edited by lockload; 04-19-2010, 10:23 AM.

Comment

.360 runs it at 720p..but game changes it reso...acc to situation ??

Comment

Originally posted by Austin316 View Post
                These are used for example for cascaded shadow maps from sun & moon, shadow maps from flashlights, flares and street lights, z-prepass, tiled color buffers, light buffers for deferred rendering, vector blur, screen-space ambient occlusion, auto-exposure, HUD, video buffers, menus and so on. In the end all are combined to form one 720p image

READ^^^

yeah i can read, too....that explains why only the HUD was rendered at 720p..

the game renders the other components of the game at 540p or less resolustion and upscales them into 720p and combines the result with HUD..

and remedy calls that 'native 720p' and 'modern rendring technique

Comment

This used to be such a nice forum, now it's just full of stupid fanboys.

I don't know why Remedy even bother to reply to such stupid questions over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzax View Post
                    This used to be such a nice forum, now it's just full of stupid fanboys.

I don't know why Remedy even bother to reply to such stupid questions over and over.
                    Aside from the fanboys, it's interesting tech talk.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BxB402 View Post

Comment

How abt forming AWDF?

Comment

Originally posted by skinki View Post
                            Ciao Oskari, I'm Simone in Italy. The game is fantastic and I was sure it was running at 720p ... Unfortunately there are always sites that are incompetent disinformation ... Now, enjoy the holidays, the game of the year will be Alan Wake, I have no doubt!
                            Thanks Simone, I think you have the right attitude, to look at the visuals of the game and enjoy it. We are a very tech orientated company and have worked really hard to bringing you an awesome game, and we are really pleased with Alan Wake as a full package from visuals, gameplay and story. We hope others will enjoy it too.

Comment

We will all enjoy it very very much. Keep making kick ass games and we will keep buying them.

Comment

yeah i can read, too....that explains why only the HUD was rendered at 720p..

the game renders the other components of the game at 540p or less resolustion and upscales them into 720p and combines the result with HUD..

and remedy calls that 'native 720p' and 'modern rendring technique
                                Thats your interpretation of what he said

Comment

Working...
                                X