Alan Wake reviews thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alan Wake reviews thread

Anyone notice that IGN AU gave the 20+ hour game a 7/10 in lasting appeal, yet scored 9/10 for God of War 3 that i finished in a single day ?

Paid sites are getting redicoulous

Comment

Guys leave the off-topic posts off here please.

Just Push Start (4.5/5):
      http://www.justpushstart.com/2010/05...n-wake-review/

Comment

http://www.justpushstart.com/2010/05...n-wake-review/

Just Push Start's Review

EDIT: Oh ADM, you're such a character~
        Sometimes the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumWake View Post
          Lets try and stay on topic guys!
          You are a murderer of mirth.

Originally posted by BxB402 View Post
          All goofy aside, once the averagers get more of these 9's and 10's figured in there i'm sure we'll have a damn fine average
          I'm guessing we'll hit like 88-92, which is pretty damned great.

Originally posted by cubanito305 View Post
          LOL South Park joke about Canadians = awesome.
          You guys were mocking my Canadian-ness?

Man, Mikki must be reading this thread on pins and needles. Relax man, we'll always love you guys, even if Eurogamer doesn't.
          Last edited by Arsh; 05-05-2010, 06:46 AM.
          Time is the fire in which we burn

Comment

We need thousands and thousands of 10'S .

Comment

Eurogamer's review was just god awful. They really should of got someone else to review the game and not a soccer mom who reviews games like wii fit.

Comment

and thus Eurogamer will be known as the review site that gave Alan Wake a 7, the lowest it has ever recieved, because it had a girl who doesn't like those kinds of games review it. Shame.
                AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Originally posted by JTX View Post
                  Eurogamer's review was just god awful. They really should of got someone else to review the game and not a soccer mom who reviews games like wii fit.
                  What they need is..........................A MAN.

now your a man. a manny manny man. a man man man. you are now a man. you're maaaaaaaan............now you're a man.

Comment

ign au

85/100

Comment

you know what, this games going to be great, microsoft wouldn't push something like this the way they did at risk of a flop, we already know this games going to kick a** its just a matter of how much a** is being kicked,

and p.s. i listened to a podcast from justpushstart recently, and if you havent heard of them yet, they know what they are talking about over there if that helps calm anyones nerves, im just waiting on IGN US, didnt like the AU one

Comment

Gameplanet Review

EDIT: Woah, Metacritic mixed up the score. It's suppose to be 85, not 90.
                        "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
                        -Tyler Durden

Comment

Well i was slapped down by the dev for complaining too much about the alan wake eurogamer score but ifter readign the content i just have to say, is this a credible review?

At one point you're just driving down an open road, no enemies or other cars in sight, with nothing to do but cruise along and wonder why your truck is making a noise like a bear having a wank.
                          Seems the review is simply a comedy vehicle for Ellie

Comment

PlanetXbox 360: 9.2/10
                            http://www.planetxbox360.com/article..._Wake_-_Review

Comment

Originally posted by BxB402 View Post
                              and thus Eurogamer will be known as the review site that gave Alan Wake a 7, the lowest it has ever recieved, because it had a girl who doesn't like those kinds of games review it. Shame.
                              Alice may have set women in gaming back decades, but Ellie's set women in gaming press back decades.

Nah, that's rude. Let's not tread this path. We should be noble, rise above, take control, et cetera.

Though, truth be told, I don't really have a problem with how she scored it. She thinks it's a '7' game, fine, that's her opinion, more power to her.

My problem is with how her review is written. There's just such a negative overall vibe, something that shifts it from being 'objective' to 'personal'. It's not a particularly well-written review. Her gripes may have been real issues, but I can't take it seriously if it just sounds like someone's frustrated 'Dear John' letter.
                              Time is the fire in which we burn

Comment

The Koalition Review - 9/10
                                http://www.thekoalition.com/alan-wak...medium=twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X