Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Alan Wake coming to PC on February 16th, 2012!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alan Wake coming to PC in early 2012!

Originally posted by ScofGR View Post
    Guys, is microsoft still behind the publishment of Alan Wake PC and American Nightmare?
    Microsoft is still the publisher of Alan Wake's American Nightmare, which is being released on XBLA in early 2012.

As for Alan Wake PC, it's a Remedy self published title which is coming to Steam, also being released early in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
      As for Alan Wake PC, it's a Remedy self published title which is coming to Steam, also being released early in 2012.
      Excellent news, many thanks to you! Looking forward for the Steam to preorder.

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
        Microsoft is still the publisher of Alan Wake's American Nightmare, which is being released on XBLA in early 2012.

i hope both release at same day
        and is Alan Wake PC only on Steam,no retail version?

Comment

Originally posted by PC Gamer View Post
          You need to give the players like me who bought all of Alan Wake content on the 360 @ full price another valid reason to buy on PC @ full price
          So yet again, Steam is the perfect choice only...

Comment

tell us something about the editor please!!

Comment

Originally posted by khawaja007 View Post
              Hey Mikki, sorry i had some grudge with you guys but you have to understand our mentality after the version was canned all of a sudden which was expected to be released as a granted or atleast could be delayed but being canned was not in our wildest imaginations so we reacted what we strongly felt it was at that time.
              I can genuinely appreciate that people were frustrated -- and it was frustrating for us as well, because it was out of our hands at the time. These things can get pretty complicated.

Anyways, iam not saying this to bash you guys but i wanted to ask a very particular question.

Are you guys Self-publishing the PC version or is Microsoft publishing it ?
              We're self-publishing the PC version.
              Last edited by MikkiRMD; 12-15-2011, 09:52 AM. Reason: Fixed the broken quotes.
              Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

MikkiRMD, can you tell us, will PC version have a better look? I mean it's two year passed, and game may look a bit old by now

Comment

Originally posted by Scree View Post
                  MikkiRMD, can you tell us, will PC version have a better look? I mean it's two year passed, and game may look a bit old by now
                  There are graphical improvements, yes. I don't want to comment on how far they go (we haven't finalized that yet), but you can probably spot a few on the early screenshot we released with the announcement.
                  Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

PC Gamer also forgot to mention other advantages of GFWL like corrupted saves and updates the screw your installation to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                      but you can probably spot a few on the early screenshot we released with the announcement.
                      Like better textures, yes. Thank you for the answer.

Comment

Thank you, Remedy for not forgeting your roots, thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                          I can genuinely appreciate that people were frustrated -- and it was frustrating for us as well, because it was out of our hands at the time. These things can get pretty complicated.

We're self-publishing the PC version.
                          so is AW PC have retail version?

Comment

So let me get this straight.

The game gets canned and isnt released on PC = PC gamers going crazy, calling Remedy bums, begging for PC version etc etc.

The game gets announced for PC = PC gamers still angry, calling Remedy bums, complaining etc etc.

Remedy cant win no matter what they do...

Comment

That is how it goes if something "doesn't" come to PC to begin with. They should be lucky. Many games from further east (Japan), they don't do a whole lot with PC. Not to say every game get's a PC port, but several don't.
                              "Keep calm, and be grateful."

Comment

Originally posted by SRTtoZ View Post
                                So let me get this straight.

The game gets canned and isnt released on PC = PC gamers going crazy, calling Remedy bums, begging for PC version etc etc.

The game gets announced for PC = PC gamers still angry, calling Remedy bums, complaining etc etc.

Remedy cant win no matter what they do...
                                Remedy could build a time machine
                                Last edited by Dawnbringer; 12-15-2011, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X