This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshot discussion

This thread is for screenshot discussion. Please note that you can also now rate screenshots here: http://www.alanwake.com/screenshots.html (click on the screenie to open rating dialogue).
    Last edited by PetriRMD; 08-14-2006, 10:54 AM.

Re: Screenshot discussion

4 hours later

Seriously though I'm going to assume that you're looking to hear what people want out of screenshots.

I think it's safe to say (and I'm sure you all agree with me) that we want screenshots of actual in-game gameplay. That should be the focus, something that shows what the game will actually look like while playing. No cutscenes, no closeup of characters.. just gameplay.

Comment

Well thats what we want. Gameplay Screens and maybe if it is possible to show it the public viewers in germany and the other world, a screenshot from those things in the darkness that Alan is fighting around, but not to much just a screen on that we see "something"..
      Public Relations / Publisher Contacts Manager @ Gamenewszone.de
      ~where the Game News comes a(wake)live~..;)

Comment

Anyone notice the change yet?

I think it's safe to say (and I'm sure you all agree with me) that we want screenshots of actual in-game gameplay.
        Yep, no question.

Comment

Ok, so the screenshot rating system is now on-line as well. No new screenies yet though.

Basically in the future, we'd like to give everyone an opportunity to give feedback on as much of the released material as possible. Will be interesting to see whether you guys like the same things that we do :-)

Comment

Why bother voting when so far they're all 5 star pictures hehe. I'm looking forward to more though.
            Remedy's currently known projects:
            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

The water and sky in the Alan_Wake_045 screenshot are amazing, simply amazing. I don't recall ever seening anything as good as this before in any game.

Comment

Well, on every Screenshot the Gamer sees this wonderfull relistic detailed country, sky, water, trees, fields, all the enviorment and the nice things around this are realy great to see ! If I see the Screenshots a feeling is comming up in me like its a real little town, you did a real good job for now. Keep on going
                Public Relations / Publisher Contacts Manager @ Gamenewszone.de
                ~where the Game News comes a(wake)live~..;)

Comment

Screenie #45 indeed looks amazingly "reflective", a perfect stage for the late evening events

#12 is another favorite - an impressive characteristic portrait of Alan despite the background being slightly blocky. Facial details are a lot more convincing than of both Maxes.

Yet there's another luminous screenshot released on another site (e3insider.com ?), which shows the lighthouse from the lake's side, being lit by the sunshine. Looks marvelous

Comment

Originally posted by guaps
                    The water and sky in the Alan_Wake_045 screenshot are amazing, simply amazing. I don't recall ever seening anything as good as this before in any game.
                    I hear that. I wholeheartingly agree.
                    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

I thought I should point out that there's a whole bunch of other screens from various sources (magazine scans, previews, etc). While you can't rate them as such, I'm sure Remedy would appreciate feedback on them as well.

http://www.alanwake.co.uk/screenshots/

-
                      (EDIT: Please try to avoid stealing their bandwidth by posting the image directly - either use an attachment or refer to the image's url. Thanks! )

Comment

Thanks, Maddieman. I was talking about this one:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I think those sunset shots are nothing short of incredible.

I agree with what you said about screen 12 - and I'm surprised it's got such a (comparatively) low rating. That said, I can't wait to see the model in action, especially with real time shadows being cast on it. I guess it's harder to appreciate the effect in static screenshots, but I think it'll make a massive difference to how 'solid' everything looks and feels.
                          Attached Files

Comment

They are all great,5 stars screenshots.
                            This is one of my favourite:

http://www.alanwake.co.uk/screenshot...t.php?image=22
                            Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.

Comment

Those are all beautiful screenshots. The one I like the most is screenshot 001. I would have to agree with some of the others tough. Gameplay screenshots would be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X