How are the PC sales going?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How are the PC sales going?

I hope you guys see a great turn out on PC. I'm sure the retail release on March 2 will make sales jump quite a bit. I really hope a lot of AW newcomers purchase and visit the original after getting sucked in courtesy of AWAN

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
      We're good with them, too.
      That's good to hear.

Comment

Hopefully the sales are great, but I wonder if this is one of those games that will live an extended/second life through Steam sales (VtM:B). I'm not a fan of the genre, and it was only the combination of me being a fan of Max Payne and a fan of Twin Peaks that prompted me to buy AW on day one. Remove either of those two and AW would have been at the top of my "Buy During the First Major Sale" list.

Comment

Yeah, my guess is that it will drop to $20, maybe $15 during the summer sale, and get another boost then... Then $10 during the Xmas sale.

Hopefully RMD will have recouped their costs on the port by then, so it will all be gravy.

Supposition: Since MS funded the dev of the game, RMD's costs "should" have all been covered. Where they would make/break off teh Xbox sales is any milestone bonuses and of course their royalties per unit once (and if) all dev/marketing costs were met.

Since they own the IP, again, they should only be dealing with dev/marketing costs, and should recoup this part quicker, even with lower sales.

The good thing is that the audience needs to expand. many of us here are double/triple dipping to have the expierence in higher-res on the PC. Nothing wrong with that. But to support a sequel, we need to the OVERALL audience to increase - meaning new "virgin" purchases of the PC port by PC/PS3/Wii?mac gamers.

Time will tell.

Comment

If we buy the game on steam, Remedy gets 70% of our money, Valve gets 30% and MS gets 0%, is that correct?

Because I hope it is. The only more ideal situation would be if Remedy got 100%, but that would only be possible if they were selling the game on their own website (and without steamworks?). Hmmm, maybe that would not be a bad idea.

Basically people should buy the PC version if they want to support Remedy, in any case. And I hope Remedy will be able to selfpublish their next PC games too. I hate it when I buy the game and most of my money goes to middle man. Which is also why I bought Witcher 2 on GOG, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
              We're good with them, too.

Thats good to know. Do hate it when you see someone on the net saying the game bombed.
              Team Yu
              https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
              http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

I hope it sells well, because is a great game.And to actually prove that the PC gaming is not dead, and is not all piracy...

Comment

Congratulations guys, A.Wake is number 3 on steam, i hope after all this future remedy titles will be PC too at launch.

Comment

I wanted to chime in here. We are very happy with the sales and hitting #1 on Steam at launch was nothing short of amazing. We recouped our development and marketing expenses during the first 48 hours. And yes, we're certainly very excited about PC.

Comment

Congrats!!!!

I think that is what most of us want to hear (recouping dev and marketing costs), and that the effort was worth it.

Between the 360 (or whatever is next) and PC, hopefully the audience will grow enough to support RMD's vision for the franchise and we can all have some more.

Comment

I'm really happy for you guys. Hope more Alan Wake will come our way (and by "our way" I mean to the pc).

Comment

Originally posted by ajRMD View Post
                          I wanted to chime in here. We are very happy with the sales and hitting #1 on Steam at launch was nothing short of amazing. We recouped our development and marketing expenses during the first 48 hours. And yes, we're certainly very excited about PC.
                          Glad to hear the risk paid off for you guys. So anything from here on out is pure profit? That's amazing!

Comment

Awesome, congrats!
                            Looking forward to more Alan Wake

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                              If we buy the game on steam, Remedy gets 70% of our money, Valve gets 30% and MS gets 0%, is that correct?

Because I hope it is. The only more ideal situation would be if Remedy got 100%, but that would only be possible if they were selling the game on their own website (and without steamworks?). Hmmm, maybe that would not be a bad idea.

Basically people should buy the PC version if they want to support Remedy, in any case. And I hope Remedy will be able to selfpublish their next PC games too. I hate it when I buy the game and most of my money goes to middle man. Which is also why I bought Witcher 2 on GOG, for example.
                              Microsoft funded the production of Alan Wake?

http://forum.alanwake.com/showpost.p...&postcount=684
                              Last edited by Wane; 02-20-2012, 09:46 AM. Reason: Too many freaking mistakes...

Comment

Party time!

Comment

Working...
                                X