Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all the Remedy fans and my fellow gamers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all the Remedy fans and my fellow gamers!

First of all, apologies, as I don't post here nearly as often as I should! Fortunately, my wonderful colleagues keep this space alive and stay in dialogue with you, the fans (tips hat to Mikki, Markus, Peter Pap, AJ and Co.)

So what brings me here now? Well, I came to work this morning to see and hear about the unbelievable success of the PC version of Alan Wake. WTF!!! It was #1 on Steam this weekend! That’s a big deal. And this time, instead of crawling into the small space in the corner of my office to weep tears of joy (that same space I generally use for weeping over things I can't affect) I instead decided to be a little more productive and say something to you guys, from me and on behalf of my team, about how we feel.

We made it a priority to create the best PC version of the game we possibly could, as opposed to a sloppy port we ourselves would hate to play, and judging by the amount of encouragement and positive feedback that has been pouring in, that’s really paid off! Rest assured that we are still listening to your requests and will maintain efforts to make necessary updates to the build now that it's been released.

So as you well know, just before last weekend we finally managed to release Alan Wake on PC. The response has been quite overwhelming, despite the fact that it took time to get it in the hands of gamers. (Yes, we remember your initial excitement, we remember your petition… and I remember spending time in that same corner mentioned earlier.) Those that have followed us over the 18 years we have been making games will know our heritage in PC and PC gaming. We have always wanted to do a PC version of Alan Wake and with the go-ahead and blessing from Microsoft we started to work hard on creating a version that PC gamers deserve.

So I want to thank our team for all the effort they put into this, I want to thank our partner Nitro Games for development help and doing a lot of the heavy lifting, and I want to thank Microsoft for their support with the original Alan Wake and for their blessing to self-publish this title, which we appreciate a lot. But most of all I'm here to just plain and simply thank all of you. Without you and your continued support we wouldn't be the company we are today, and we wouldn’t be able to come to work every day to create the story-driven experiences we love. This is our job, but entertaining you is our passion!

We're a small company and all this means a lot to us.I speak on behalf of everyone at Remedy when I say that we are very thankful and humbled by your overwhelmingly response.

Cheers guys!
    Matias - CEO

P.s oh well, now I went and got myself all emotional! I may just pop over to that corner after all…

Re: To all the Remedy fans and my fellow gamers!

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with us, Matias. Much love!
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Thanks Matias and thank you Remedy.
      Now lets all
      ''Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there’s little fun to be had in explanations; they’re antithetical to the poetry of fear...''
      -Stephen King

Comment

You diserve all this support. You clearly are a company that cares about their users, not like many others (no names). Hope that you still triumphing in the market and making good desicions.

I was hoping to hear something about the latin american language (yes, I know, i'm getting annoying), but I enjoy reading your thread.

You know what would be awesome?, a photo of the remedy team, so we can put faces to the gods that give to us this fascinating game and charming support.

Comment

Thanks for Alan Wake on PC, I've been dying to play it. Personally I don't think any game should be exclusive to a platform, but money and publishing decisions are a harsh reality. I hope to see all future remedy titles on PC as well, that's where I'll be.

Comment

Because of the effort you guys put into this, you guys made the best PC game you could without it being a direct port like many other companies do... For that alone you guys deserve a pat on the back and the best sales you can get.

Cheers for making the game the way it is, also the contact between devs/customer I have never seen in any game forum before, so bravo for that as well.

Thanks right back at ya
            Last edited by voorhees1979; 02-20-2012, 07:07 PM.
            i5 2500k@4.6ghz with Venom Cooler
            Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 with 8gb ram
            VTX 2gb 6950

Comment

It's well deserved. Hopefully, American Nightmare will be just as successful.

Comment

Glad to see Alan Wake #1 on Steam Store
                It surely deserves it

More than a Game, this is the company who deserves it most by his open minded about every comments of the community.
                Alan Wake surely contains, the best story & script i ever seen on a Video Game.
                I'm One of those dreamers who likes philosophy, unknown, and calls themself "Writer" ; and i surely had asked to join your team by sending you a lot of my french work & moved to finland if my english was far better

A Studio like yours is really rare
                Last edited by yopfraise67; 02-20-2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks Matias & Remedy now please work your magic on American Nightmare on PC as well but this year please guys no lengthy delay again

Comment

Thank you for making such a great game.

Oh and using Steamworks was an amazing idea.

Comment

Great job Remedy, glad to hear it! I already have Alan Wake on the 360, looks like it's time to spend some dough on a brand new computer, and another copy of Alan Wake!

Father Thor...bless this war.

Comment

Thank You Matias,and Thank You Remedy.I really enjoy playing your games and I am gonna enjoy it in future.Thank You Very Much!=)

Comment

All the best to you guys. You deserved it. I'm very happy to hear that PC version is a big success for you. Make a quality product and fans will reward you. And Alan Wake is certainly AAA product.

Comment

Picking up American Nightmare as soon as it releases on XBLA.Glad the pc version is doing well. Keep the sells coming.

Now bring on AW 2

Comment

Good to see its doing well.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ck-in-48-hours

So its that just the money Remedy spent on the PC version or the budget for all things AW? Either way very happy its paid off for them.
                              Team Yu
                              https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                              http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Working...
                              X