Will Alan Wake have DX10 support?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Alan Wake have DX10 support?

i will buy alan wake for pc when it is comming out,with alanwake only comming to vista will it take adv of dx10?
    i will buy a highend dx10 card in beginning of 2007,so will alanwake for pc be a dx9 only game or will it have dx9 and dx10 game support?

Re: will alan wake has dx10 support?

For now, it does seems like so...

Although we still havent seen the difference between DirectX10 and DirectX 9 just so we could tell if what we seen in the demo so far is doesnt have any new feature introed by DX10, or just a Dx9 engine being push through the roof in terms of raw power requirement... Though i tend to think it is indeed Dx10... But Vista has this WGF1.0 for DX9 or older support, so there's still a possibility it can be DX9 if it wants to while still being VIsta exclusive (like Microsoft's stupid Halo 2 vista version >.<)..

But since ur getting a Direct X 10 card, nothing to worry about. U'r high end system will run fine come Dx9 or Dx 10 =D

Comment

Will Alan Wake be impacted by the GPU performance update?

I'd also like to know if the Xbox 360 Direct3D, GPU Performance Update
      and HLSL Shader Compiler Update for Xbox 360 (and Windows) will have any impact on this game at all? If so, what kind of impact?
      Last edited by sylonious; 10-18-2006, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Re: Will Alan Wake have DX10 support?

Originally posted by ATI
        “Xbox360 cannot run DX10. The Xbox360 has unique features including memory export that can enable DX10-class functionality such as stream-out. From what we’re hearing, Crysis will support DX9 with some sort of use for DX10 features. It’s likely that those DX10 visuals can be replicated on the Xbox360, but it can’t be properly called DX10.”
        Software upgrades never achieve too much noticeable improvement. Probably the best example are video card drivers. In some games, they can improve performance by 10% but the underlying foundations of the engine and hardware cannot be changed.

For Alan Wake, it would permit the 360 to show higher resolutions of the game and increased performance. Though the PC will be a step ahead due to the full Directx10 nature of the video cards that will be released around that time.
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Re: Will Alan Wake have DX10 support?

Originally posted by Morry View Post
          Software upgrades never achieve too much noticeable improvement. Probably the best example are video card drivers. In some games, they can improve performance by 10% but the underlying foundations of the engine and hardware cannot be changed.

For Alan Wake, it would permit the 360 to show higher resolutions of the game and increased performance. Though the PC will be a step ahead due to the full Directx10 nature of the video cards that will be released around that time.
          10% would be a pretty big deal to me. I just couldn't understand how they expected to bump the res up to 1080p without taking a noticeable framerate hit.

Also how will these added features impact developement (if at all):
          • Better GPU Thread handling
          • Better Auto-Balance for shaders ( Pixel <-> Vertex commuting)
          • Auto-Tiling
          • Support for Mem-Export functions (Geometry Tessellator, Geo Shader via cache-lock and core-lock)
          • Direct support for procedural textures

Comment

Working...
          X