A thought on the location for Alan Wake 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thought on the location for Alan Wake 2

So I was doing some thinking on where the next installment of Alan Wake would occur and I think it's either going to be in Oregon or California. Throughout the games, we've gone through Mountain terrain and then Desert. At the end of the first game, Alan states "it's not a lake, it's an ocean." It's a clue for something and I'm thinking the final showdown will occur somewhere with an ocean.

Another thing, the county of Humboldt, CA has amazing forests and oceans. Also, California is one of those states that pretty much has every type of terrain, and regardless, is pretty popular when it comes to its oceans. Also, I was doing some research on towns dubbed "Ordinary" and Humboldt popped up in the google search.

And since the first game took place on the Pacific Northwest, Washington to be exact, I'm sure the next installments will take place in that general area.
    "And I was in the Darkness.
    So Darkness I became."
    Alan Wake Fanlisting

Re: A thought on the location for Alan Wake 2

You are making the basic assumption that they are going to be back in a heavily wooded area. There is no reason that Alan has to exit the Dark Place back in Cauldron lake or a similar place. He could literally be in New York - lots of light/shadow/alley interplay there. Or back in a desert area.. or..

Now, me, I would LOVE it to be back in Bright Falls, rendered on a next-gen Xbox/PC. As I am from teh Pacific Northwest, I am biased to this locale, but I will go wherever Remedy leads.

Comment

HEY GUYS! I just got the best idea ever!
      What if the BIGGEST and LAST magic controlled darkness place (like cauldron lake) is THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE! Think about it! Remedy, if you are reading this, The Bermuda Triangle would be a perfect place!
      Spread the message guys!
      This is, if you excuse me, a DAMN fine cup of coffee"

Comment

Originally posted by ryamkajr View Post
        You are making the basic assumption that they are going to be back in a heavily wooded area. There is no reason that Alan has to exit the Dark Place back in Cauldron lake or a similar place. He could literally be in New York - lots of light/shadow/alley interplay there. Or back in a desert area.. or..

Now, me, I would LOVE it to be back in Bright Falls, rendered on a next-gen Xbox/PC. As I am from teh Pacific Northwest, I am biased to this locale, but I will go wherever Remedy leads.
        Not necessarily a wooded area, but perhaps Northern California or Oregon on the fact that there are beaches. Then again, Washington does too. Just, I don't think the Dark Presence can travel very far; it's not powerful enough yet. I don't know. I just found it neat that they switched terrains. But they could very well set the next game in New York.
        "And I was in the Darkness.
        So Darkness I became."
        Alan Wake Fanlisting

Comment

Bright Falls is right on the waterfront, so there's probably a beach somewhere close by. I think most people liked Bright Falls a whole lot, and I for one am one of those people, so I'd like to see the next game set there again. I'm sure there are places we haven't seen yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Peak View Post
            Bright Falls is right on the waterfront, so there's probably a beach somewhere close by. I think most people liked Bright Falls a whole lot, and I for one am one of those people, so I'd like to see the next game set there again. I'm sure there are places we haven't seen yet.
            Whatever they do, they MUST add more variety. Bright Falls is OK, but really? Can they really do another game in the same setting where there's literally nothing new to see? They've exhausted just about everything the landscape of a typical Washington forest area could offer. I wish they did something different this time around with the locations. I haven't played AWAN but I've watched some walkthroughs and the Arizona setting made me exhale in relief. Perhaps the guys at Remedy have noticed that they've squeezed Bright Falls as far as it goes? Remedy does Urban better than any developer out there. I'd really like to see the series move to a more "civilized" location.
            Last edited by ScarletSnake; 02-29-2012, 10:46 AM.
            Mirrors are more fun than television.
            Verdict: MP1>MP3>MP2

Comment

Originally posted by ScarletSnake View Post
              Whatever they do, they MUST add more variety. Bright Falls is OK, but really? Can they really do another game in the same setting where there's literally nothing new to see? They've exhausted just about everything the landscape of a typical Washington forest area could offer. I wish they did something different this time around with the locations. I haven't played AWAN but I've watched some walkthroughs and the Arizona setting made me exhale in relief. Perhaps the guys at Remedy have noticed that they've squeezed Bright Falls as far as it goes? Remedy does Urban better than any developer out there. I'd really like to see the series move to a more "civilized" location.
              I never really felt like that game was repeating itself with the scenery, to be honest. Maybe it's because I just really enjoyed the forests. But anyways, I wouldn't say there's "literally nothing" left to see in Bright Falls and the surrounding area. We haven't been able to explore a whole lot of the town itself, nor the lake really. We haven't even stepped foot in Watery, which potentially could be very different from Bright Falls. Not to mention all the things that can change after two years and Alan's ability to rewrite reality. I don't think Bright Falls has quite had enough yet.

Comment

Working...
              X