System Requirements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Requirements

If you people at Remedy (which is doing a great job with Alan Wake) have managed to set any system requirements for the game i would be pleased if you could let me now them!

So please give me the requirements for being able to play this game, I allready now that you must own a dual-core or hyperthreading processor to play it. But what else? 10 Ghz and four quad sli 7950gx2? Enlighten me!

Re: System Requirements

Requirements will keep changing up until Remedy have a solid release date, so all we have to go on now is from what we have seen at various presentations.
    Basically, the only thing we can know for certain is that the game runs perfectly fine of an Intel Core Quad @ 3.2ghz with a 7900GTX.
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
      Requirements will keep changing
      That means, "we don't know if it's going to run on your current machine".
      Originally posted by Morry View Post
      Basically, the only thing we can know for certain is that the game runs perfectly fine of an Intel Core Quad @ 3.2ghz with a 7900GTX.
      Pay attention to the fact that the words "you will need" aren't anywhere in that sentence.
      And yes, we know how expensive a computer like that is, and we know how big jerks you think Remedy are for making a game that needs hardware to run it.
      Yes, you.

Comment

It's being co-developed for the xbox 360, so I would imagine the PC system requirements will be in a similar range. (Um... right? )

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
          It's being co-developed for the xbox 360, so I would imagine the PC system requirements will be in a similar range. (Um... right? )
          I don't know if the comparison works 100%. I've seen many instances of ports, even well refined ports, in which the PC version was much more demanding than a 733 mhz 64 MB RAM XBOX equivalency. Ex's KOTOR, Butcher Bay. The static hardware and the lack of OS overhead probably help. I'm no techie though
          Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
            No

Comment

...so, are you going to bother explaining it at some point?

I don't know if the comparison works 100%. I've seen many instances of ports, even well refined ports, in which the PC version was much more demanding than a 733 mhz 64 MB RAM XBOX equivalency.
              Well, I accept that a direct comparision won't accurate. But even so, it seems like a reasonable assumption to make, considering Remedy said both versions are practically identical. It should, at least, give us an idea of the range they're looking at.

Comment

We have explained it:
                http://www.alanwakefaq.net/

Anything that's not there would just be guess work.

Comment

ink that it will be ok on a quad core 2.67 ghz processor. this is a intel core 2extreme processor?

Comment

Alan Wake is currently not being developed for PC. It will be launched as an Xbox360 exclusive title.
                    Remedy's currently known projects:
                    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Working...
                    X