Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not enough info, please help me

Heya people

I was reading the FAQ about the game, Alan Wake. Well I was reading, I need help on my computer, because I dunno if the game would work in my pc, and I wanna play this game soo bad, 'without' lag.

My rig:

P4 3.60Ghz (Hyper Threaded)
    Geforce 7950GX2 1G RAM (work it work on the 7900GX2?)
    Serial ATA
    3G RAM DDR2
    2TB harddrive space
    Sound Blaster Live Audigy

That is my rig, and I was wondering, if the game will work on that, 'without' any lag, or shall I wait for the Quad Core graphics cards, coming out in June?. This is the only game that I have been waiting for this long, and I hope so much, that I can play on this computer, without lag, and have god graphics.

Thanks in advanced.
    kyle939

Re: Not enough info, please help me

just a thought , i try not to play games on the pc anymore for that very reason. i have an xbox360 now,so there won't any lag .

Comment

Originally posted by grahamsmith1956@ntlworld. View Post
      just a thought , i try not to play games on the pc anymore for that very reason. i have an xbox360 now,so there won't any lag .

I don't have a 360, that's why I made this thread.

Comment

It's too early to tell about system specs at the moment, when it's closer to release Remedy will be able to release some system specs that would be needed to run it. Even they don't know what is needed at the moment.

Comment

Well for one your video card is a fricken beast. So I don't think you'll have any problems putting all your settings on high, but the CPU might be a problem, however they did mention if you have hyperthreading CPU than you should be fine. Don't bother upgrading just for AW, I mean your GPU is sweet for the next two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark River View Post
            Well for one your video card is a fricken beast. So I don't think you'll have any problems putting all your settings on high, but the CPU might be a problem, however they did mention if you have hyperthreading CPU than you should be fine. Don't bother upgrading just for AW, I mean your GPU is sweet for the next two years.
            Thanks. PCI EXPRESS is the best at the moment, but we got the Quad Core's coming out soon, and the 8000 series, so I might get the first 8000 Graphics card, if it is better than mine. lol

Comment

Yeah I'm upgrading to PCI express, but I'll just get a Athlon Dual Core 5000 or something.

Comment

I have a 64bit dual core 4400+, 2 gig of RAM and a Geforce 7900GTX; Neverwinter Nights 2 isn't running flawlessly on full detail. I'm not happy.

Comment

what's the problem, framerate?

Comment

Yeah I'm getting around 15 FPS, I'm not sure whether or not it's just because there's a lot happening in the first area, but it's quite frustrating because I literally only upgraded a couple of months ago.

Comment

What about an X1950XT-X PCI EXPRESS graphics card?, would that work ok with this game. I ask this question because, my brother has that card, and he want's to play the game too.

Comment

What about an X1950XT-X PCI EXPRESS graphics card?
                        Holy crap yes.

Comment

Yeah I'm getting around 15 FPS, I'm not sure whether or not it's just because there's a lot happening in the first area, but it's quite frustrating because I literally only upgraded a couple of months ago.
                          What screen resolution?

I'm assuming you've got all the details on Max however I see no reason why your getting such an awful frame rate. You should definitely be getting no less than 60 on that hardware. (comparing at tomshardware.com)

However checking out a review for the game they did run into a few bugs. But nothing to do with frame rate.

Comment

Ah, this takes me back to the days before Oblivion came out. Many a fan would post on the board with their ridiculously awesome specs, wondering if the game would run well. And there I was with my P4 2.6ghz, 9600xt only caring if the game actually started. In the end, I enjoyed playing Oblivion at a decent graphical level through various tweaking and I'm sure my experience of the game would have been just the same as someone with a top of the line system.
                            Remedy's currently known projects:
                            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Dark River View Post
                              Holy crap yes.
                              Ohh ok, Thank you for all your help. I think, if you have a good graphics card, you should'nt have any problem playing the game, as I have a good graphics card, I should hopefully play the game. Also, I was thinking of getting a Dual Core processor, which the best one I could find runs at 2.44, when mine runs at 3.60, that means I have a better CPU, and I know someone who had that processor and you could see the difference, so I can only hope the game works.

Let's all pray together, lol.

kyle939

Comment

Working...
                              X