Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Fansite or official? (House of Dreams - Alan Wake 2?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fansite or official? (House of Dreams - Alan Wake 2?)

Originally posted by Nik'sih Pir'kah View Post
    I think you could have been a little nicer since people may sometimes be very touchy.
    That's honestly the best advice I've gotten this week. The current generation of humanity are so touchy that whatever you say they'll fall into limbo. I blame the parenting. A kid misses the goal with a hundred meters and sure enough the kids father says "Well done!". Kids grow up into a scary world and once they turn 18 and hear their first boss nag on them at work they run crying home.

You're absolutely right though and this thread should get back on-topic. I'll make my leave for a little while unless I got something productive to say, I promise.

Comment

Hey guys, I can't be sure, but I found another blog with a poem. Maybe it's got something to do with This House of Dreams?

Life, oh life...

I am feeling sad, this Night of Sorrows. This Night which once was full of Life has died. Left is Sadness, Sorrow and Death. I look up at a crystal clear Moon, thinking that maybe it has the answer to all my questions. But oh, how foolish of me. I am thus only a lonely man, why would any Moon care about me? Why would anyone? Oh, the Wind, carry me with you. Take me far away. Take me to a land where Sadness does not exist. The Sky is falling down, the Demons are coming up from the ground, the Stars are fading. The Sun is gone. Forever gone. Oh, this Night of Sadness. Full of Regret. Full of Sorrow. Full of Grief. Why, oh why, must Life be so sad. So relative. So short. What is Life? With the blink of an eye, a Life can vanish. A soul can disappear. I am thus only a lonely man, what is my Life to anyone? They all look down on me, or am I looking up on them? Why am I looking up on them? I'm bleeding. On the outside? I don't know. On the inside? Probably so. My hearth has been stabbed by a knife. Who stabbed it? Was it the Moon, was it the Night or was it Life itself? Oh, why would Life do such a thing? All I want to do before my own pathetic life ends is to follow my Path. But where does my Path lead?

Oh, Life is short but the Path is so long. How can I possibly end my long Path during only my short Life? Why have my Path lead me to this Night of Sadness? Maybe it's Destiny. Who is Destiny? Why is he doing this to me? My head hurts. My heart is bleeding. On the outside? No. You can't see it. You can't see my pain. The pain I feel is on the inside. Can someone heal the wounds? Can the crystal clear Moon heal my wound? No. Can anyone? Perhaps Time is the only one who can heal me. But where is this Time? Life is short, will Time heal me in time? Or will Time be too late? What am I going to do? Oh, Night of Sadness and Sorrows, what have you done to me? I can't see my own Path anymore. Where does it lead? To a better world? Ah, I can only be optimistic. That's the only way to get through with the pain. Oh, Night of Sorrows, please let me go. What have I done to deserve this? Is that the Sun? Is it back? It's warm. Too warm. Is it back to make me feel better or it it back to set me on fire, killing me and ending my short and lonely life. It's hard to know. But what else can I do, but to welcome the Sun? I don't have anyone else, on this Night of Sadness. This Night of Sadness that's finally come to an end. Life, oh life. What is life, if not sadness and sorrow?

Why am I writing this? Oh, I wish I could answer, but I don't even know the answer myself. Why have the Night of Sadness done to this to me? Why has it left me alone? Life goes on, some might say. But what is Life? How can I live if I'm not feeling alive? Life, oh, life...
      http://www.gametrailers.com/users/Kl...blog&id=529268

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Peak View Post
        I understand that, just usually with viral marketing there will better production value when it comes to the subject matter. For comparison, here's a teaser for a movie by Neill Blomkamp. It's filmed on a consumer camera, but the mutant pig thing isn't just a spray painted cat with a pig mask on. It's a convincing fake.
        Oh, OK, so your problem is less with the delivery and more with the actual physical papers and house and stuff in the pictures? I can respect that, although personally I thought they were fine.
        Fandomania.com // Raptr Profile

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste View Post
          Oh, OK, so your problem is less with the delivery and more with the actual physical papers and house and stuff in the pictures? I can respect that, although personally I thought they were fine.
          I don't know, maybe I'm being nit-picky. It's not like it ruins the whole story.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Peak View Post
            Hey guys, I can't be sure, but I found another blog with a poem. Maybe it's got something to do with This House of Dreams?

http://www.gametrailers.com/users/Kl...blog&id=529268
            WHAT? OH MY GOD. I'm the writer of that. I wrote that blog back in 2010. Back then I was hanging around GameTrailers. Klump was my username. That poem is written by me. This is unbelievable. There's no way that you just randomly found that and randomly posted it on a forum where I'm a member. You must know that I am Klump and if so then how the hell did you figure that out? Wow, I was really shocked when I came here and found this. I wrote that blog during a depression.

But what do that have to do with House of Dreams? It's a blog that I wrote in under half an hour. I didn't even correct-read it; I just posted it to express exactly what I felt back then.

Comment

This blog is amazing! I hope it's real and not a cruel joke. But for now I consider it real.

This line troubles me a little.

We are the rising waste
              And you will be a drowned king.

The poem is about The Dark Presences, or other nasty dark beings.
              So...is Zane the king?

My mother told me to no avail
              If you play with shadows
              You grow sickly and pale
              And forget all the wonders
              The sun can unveil
              Beyond the shadow you settle for
              there is a miracle
              Illuminated

This made me think about the Monty Python song, Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life. Everybody should have that song ready, in case they are feeling down, or pissed off. Lightens my mood every time.

Oh mercy
              Thousands have gone missing
              Beyond the labyrinth of me
              When you’re lost
              You’re lost in your own company

Sounds familiar....
              I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

[MENTION=11257]The[/MENTION]LonleyGreyWolf I'm British.... we have 20 odd words for different types of rain, if we didn't work out 100+ for insults we'd get bored very easily.

ANYWAYS! Back on topic, mod meddling and the sudden lack of postage kind of makes me think its viral and very well done, the "pictures" of "B" and "T" look generated to me as opposed to posed with real actors, suggesting a bit of the "unreality" of the game-world (note all the TV shows are live action while the game is not).

Comment

New post today. Just a heads up.
                  http://thishouseofdreams.blogspot.co...ted-house.html

Comment

I just read the new post on the blog, and I'm very excited. I can't wait to find out what new stuff is in the shoebox.

Comment

"I stopped talking to the phone so they wouldn’t hear me. I wrote the blog post, I don’t know what I was thinking."

Haha I think thats what most of us was thinking.

And i am too looking forward to seeing what else is in the shoebox

Originally posted by Heruss View Post
                      [MENTION=11257]The[/MENTION]LonleyGreyWolf I'm British.... we have 20 odd words for different types of rain, if we didn't work out 100+ for insults we'd get bored very easily.

ANYWAYS! Back on topic, mod meddling and the sudden lack of postage kind of makes me think its viral and very well done, the "pictures" of "B" and "T" look generated to me as opposed to posed with real actors, suggesting a bit of the "unreality" of the game-world (note all the TV shows are live action while the game is not).
                      Well what I can tell you is that the woman in the photo looks an awful lot like Alice's model (though it ain't her), whilst the other could potentially be the person who will be the model of Thomas Zane (the human model... if they're going to introduce the side of him without the divers suit)
                      Last edited by Kranitoko; 06-14-2012, 12:42 AM.

Comment

It'd be great for the game to revealed via one of the Gameinformer rap-around covers.
                        Last edited by MrWake; 06-14-2012, 08:26 PM.
                        Audience?

Comment

We know its been updated. If you read the previous few posts...

Comment

Here are some questions rattling around in my head. Feel free to answer, comment on, or ignore these.

Original question: Do you think Alan took the shoebox? Possibly hiding it from Nightingale (and/or the "AWE" agent)?
                            Follow up: Why would this shoebox be important enough for both the "good" and "bad" forces to want it?

Then I saw there was a new blog post, and had these thoughts...

Assuming it's Nightingale, is it odd he came to Samantha before the "regular" Taken do? Is it just that he's still hot on Alan's heels? Or is it possible he's not quite on the same agenda as the "regular" Taken?

Are these "regular" Taken? They smashed a window, but signs of entry were gone by morning. That isn't what we're used to seeing. When Taken break things, they stay broken.

Maybe they were simply trying to stop Alan from getting something into the shoebox and failed?
                            Last edited by theinfamoustim; 06-14-2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

OR our 'favourite Psycho' is just trolling her

Since she heard a window breaking, which actually didnt broke at all, i think its plausible that one special dark force(presence) ist just 'playing' with her.
                              No regular Taken, no Nightingale. Just the Darkness itself.

Thats my guess.

---

I would also like to add that 'strange things' are likely to happen in Night Springs...
                              Last edited by LSKzane; 06-14-2012, 02:49 PM.
                              I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

That viral campaign for AW2/Alan Wake's: Escape/ or another Night Springs Episode goes pretttyyyyy well!

I imagine Sam having a face like this, when he reads our posts

Comment

Working...
                                X