The Signal - Need Help (Spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Signal - Need Help (Spoilers)

1) So Alan Wake, stuck in the dark presence, is going insane and everything in his mind is happening to him mentally?
    2) His physical body is still in cabin in Cauldron Lake while he is doing this?
    3) After he destroys the television sets, does he really wake up to find himself in the cabin, or did he just think of that as an escape?
    4) Couldn't it be true that he wrote and thought about Thomas Zane into existence, since his mind is in control of what he sees in the dark realm?
    5) Is Thomas Zane still stuck in the dark realm since the 70s?
    6) Why is every character he sees in the dark realm faded and transparent? While everything else in the environment looks clear?
    7) So The Signal Special Feature was basically him stuck in the cabin in the Lake, while he was going insane on the floor and thinking of everything to happen for him, while he had to follow the Signal which he also could have made up, leading to Thomas Zane who he also could have made up, to destroy TV sets, allowing him to break away from his dark realm, into the Cabin still in Cauldron Lake? <IF that is correct > Why doesn't swim up out of there?
    Waiting for Alan Wake sequel.
    Great job Remedy, you made the best and greatest single player game I've ever played. Thank you for your creativity.

Re: The Signal - Need Help (Spoilers)

What exactly do you need help with....
    Clatu verata n....necktie

Comment

Originally posted by TerraFin View Post
      What exactly do you need help with....
      Jesus Christ. I just want to know if my interpretation was valid and possible based on what The Signal DLC showed. As well as what others might think about these questions.
      Great job Remedy, you made the best and greatest single player game I've ever played. Thank you for your creativity.

Comment

I didn't mean anything bad by it. The numbers made it seem like they were all separate thoughts...so i was confused when some of them connected/conflicted.

and...some of those questions were statements. But now that i see you were projecting your theories it all makes sense. Fox news style!
        Last edited by TerraFin; 09-09-2010, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I didn't mean anything bad by it. The numbers made it seem like they were all separate thoughts...so i was confused when some of them connected/conflicted.

and...some of those questions were statements. But now that i see you were projecting your theories it all makes sense. Fox news style!
          Okay TerraFin, maybe this will help: I don't get it.
          There you go.

Maybe you guys know something I don't, maybe theirs someone who was able to soak this story up better than me. Anyone?

Comment

Hes been reading the manuscript so much looking for a way out of the ending he has written that he starts to go crazy and in turn start living out events that had already happened. Its why everything seems like a distorted dream with familiar places. He is in a battle with himself over the dark presence possessing him. Tv alan (the real alan) is possessed by the DP...and wants to kill the part of him left that is still sane(the one we play as.) Who will win?

Comment

Hes been reading the manuscript so much looking for a way out of the ending he has written that he starts to go crazy and in turn start living out events that had already happened. Its why everything seems like a distorted dream with familiar places. He is in a battle with himself over the dark presence possessing him. Tv alan (the real alan) is possessed by the DP...and wants to kill the part of him left that is still sane(the one we play as.) Who will win?
              But after we destory the televisions, we see Dr. Hartman for whatever reason, and we are back in the cabin. If he was reading the manuscript, then on the TV, we would've heard him say things we already heard. He sounded like he was adding more to the story, narrorating it even further, which is why he was in so far in the dark realm in the first place and needed Thomas Zane's help.

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorDuzWork View Post
                But after we destory the televisions, we see Dr. Hartman for whatever reason, and we are back in the cabin. If he was reading the manuscript, then on the TV, we would've heard him say things we already heard. He sounded like he was adding more to the story, narrorating it even further, which is why he was in so far in the dark realm in the first place and needed Thomas Zane's help.
                Yeah, the hartman thing was in his head (was a reshot/distorted memory of the original scene in the lodge). That scene fades out from the lodge and alans face and shows him rolling on the cabin floor with the manuscript pages around him muttering to himself...."theres no way out theres no way out how do i get out of here ".... How do i escape my mind, how do i escape this ending i wrote. Oh no im trapped in both!!!

Right before the ending to the scene the camera slowly pans back towards alans face and through his eyes...back to alans head to where the writer will start.

Tv alan(the real alan possessed by the DP) is going to make up a bunch of different scenarios(or nightmarish situations) in order to kill off the Alan that is trying to escape.

So the only scene that happened in reality in the DLC was the ending where Alan is on the floor. Everything else that happened in the signal was in Alans head. Zane even says that this isn't the dark presence's doing, its Alans.
                Last edited by TerraFin; 09-09-2010, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Yeah, the hartman thing was in his head (was a reshot/distorted memory of the original scene in the lodge). That scene fades out from the lodge and alans face and shows him rolling on the cabin floor with the manuscript pages around him muttering to himself...."theres no way out theres no way out how do i get out of here ".... How do i escape my mind, how do i escape this ending i wrote. Oh no im trapped in both!!!

Right before the ending to the scene the camera slowly pans back towards alans face and through his eyes...back to alans head to where the writer will start.

Tv alan(the real alan possessed by the DP) is going to make up a bunch of different scenarios(or nightmarish situations) in order to kill off the Alan that is trying to escape.

So the only scene that happened in reality in the DLC was the ending where Alan is on the floor. Everything else that happened in the signal was in Alans head. Zane even says that this isn't the dark presence's doing, its Alans.
                  Wasn't the Alan in the TV the same Alan in the Cabin?
                  And destroying the TVs that show what your real body is doing woke him up?
                  So when he wakes up, is he still possessed by the Dark Presence, or just surrounded by it?

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorDuzWork View Post
                    Wasn't the Alan in the TV the same Alan in the Cabin?
                    And destroying the TVs that show what your real body is doing woke him up?
                    So when he wakes up, is he still possessed by the Dark Presence, or just surrounded by it?
                    Yup, the Alan in the TV's is the one in the cabin. He didn't really wake up though. Its not uncommon for people to mutter words in their sleep. Seemed like he was still out of it when it showed him on the floor.

Comment

wow I love all these comments good points all around. Yeah I kinda figured the TV alan was the real alan. If I recall correct me if I'm wrong when alan is in the bathroom talking to Zane doesn't Zane say "this is whats happening right now" or somthing like that. Then you see wake in the mirror which is the real wake going crazy. Was Zane trying to show him this is the real you your still in the cabin and this is all in your head in that scene? any thoughts on this

Comment

Originally posted by WritealanWrite View Post
                        wow I love all these comments good points all around. Yeah I kinda figured the TV alan was the real alan. If I recall correct me if I'm wrong when alan is in the bathroom talking to Zane doesn't Zane say "this is whats happening right now" or somthing like that. Then you see wake in the mirror which is the real wake going crazy. Was Zane trying to show him this is the real you your still in the cabin and this is all in your head in that scene? any thoughts on this
                        Yeah, i agree completely with that. Throughout the episode Zane is trying to show Alan that he isn't in the Dark Place and that its in his head.

Also, in the scene in the apartment at the end Zane tells you flat out that this is all in your head and that this is not the Dark Place, this is your mind.

Comment

Yeah, i agree completely with that. Throughout the episode Zane is trying to show Alan that he isn't in the Dark Place and that its in his head.

Also, in the scene in the apartment at the end Zane tells you flat out that this is all in your head and that this is not the Dark Place, this is your mind.
                          Yeah he tried to tell in the bathroom but wake was still confused. Then at the end Zane just came out with it. Alan still couldn't believe it so he just blamed the dark place but Zane was trying to get it in his head that this was all because of him. I have a question when Zane says he's sinking deeper does he mean alan is losing touch with reality and he can't tell whats real anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WritealanWrite View Post
                            Yeah he tried to tell in the bathroom but wake was still confused. Then at the end Zane just came out with it. Alan still couldn't believe it so he just blamed the dark place but Zane was trying to get it in his head that this was all because of him. I have a question when Zane says he's sinking deeper does he mean alan is losing touch with reality and he can't tell whats real anymore
                            Yup, thats what i interpreted it as. It also alludes back to the conversation Alan has with Hartman in the lodge about him "sinking deeper into his own delusions"

Comment

It also alludes back to the conversation Alan has with Hartman in the lodge about him "sinking deeper into his own delusions"
                              Hmm thats true I forgot about hartman saying that. The thing I still don't get is why did the 2 old rockers call Wake Zane still can't figure that out

Comment

Working...
                              X