"The Writer" ending (spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "The Writer" ending (spoilers)

E invece sentivo nascere dentro di me un nuovo libro... il seguito di "Departure"... Alan Wake 2 coming soon! it's official!

LOVE REMEDY

Comment

I just finished it and it was beyond all my expectations, the Signal was just an appetizer. I don't have the words to describe the power of this story/game. It was totally insane. Remedy, you have gold in your hands.

You must announce Alan Wake 2 : Return. Please.
      Last edited by Pyramid head; 10-12-2010, 05:29 PM.
      http://www.gameblog.fr/blogs/pyramidhead/

Comment

I finished the DLC just a minute ago. I hope that Alan Wake 2 isn't like the DLC, not because it was bad, it was really cool but I would like more daylight and character interaction.

I don't know why but I liked the Signal more than the Writer, maybe it was the hype or I just wanted to know what was going on after the ending of the original game. So yeah I will give the DLC an 8 because it was cool and different but it din't answered any important question.

So lets wait for Alan Wake 2 and hope for the best, also I would really love that Remedy changes some things like the enemies, bigger and more powerful enemies would be pretty challenging and scary. Also I don't know where the new game is going to be set, I hope that it is in a new place or new parts of the town.
        Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
        Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Nice to see that you guys are liking it!

We definitely had a different focus in the Writer than in the Signal. The Signal concentrated on Wake's struggle to understand what is going on, and the theme was "Wake fighting himself".

The Writer, however, is about Wake's inner landscape and "finding himself". Thus the different focus in gameplay.

While these are two different episodes, they were designed as a package.

Comment

The writer was great. Can't wait for Alan Wake 2 (hopefully).

Comment

Having just played The Writer, I can safely say that this is the better DLC.
              Many great sequences: loved the spinning wheel part and the climbing to the lighthouse.

It had some really great scenes, like the part in the clinic. Still didn't really like the achievements you got and "the lift" scenes was underwhelming.

This DLC explained quite a lot at least for me, but luckily left many questions unanswered.

It's not an hour long experience: it's definitely longer than that.
              Even without anykind of answers, the ending was satistfying and the cutscene had this really "comeback" kind of feeling.

I do hope that a sequel will be written, literally. Wonder how it will attract new audiences for those who haven't played the 1st game.

Excellent DLC overall!
              KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

I agree I liked this one better than the signal.

Comment

Freaking awesome guys. The wait for the sequel starts now!
                  "I wish you were crazy...but your not crazy!!!"

Comment

Emmm, in the end of the credits you can read "Alan Wake's journey through the darkness will continue". I think that this is a announcement of an Alan Wake 2, right? =P

Comment

Originally posted by slasherjpc View Post
                      Freaking awesome guys. The wait for the sequel starts now!
                      Yep

Just finished it myself

I just want more now

Was the better dlc out of the two

And with an ending like that theres no way there wont be Alan Wake 2
                      Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Originally posted by djshauny1 View Post
                        Yep

Just finished it myself

I just want more now

Was the better dlc out of the two

And with an ending like that theres no way there wont be Alan Wake 2
                        HECK YEAH!!! lol My thoughts exactly.
                        "I wish you were crazy...but your not crazy!!!"

Comment

My name is Alan Wake, I am waiting for Return.

Comment

Time to play it through again i guess
                            Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

I think that I will end the game like 10 times more while I wait for Alan Wake 2 =) I'm sure that Remedy is working on it, because everyone can feel the love that they put in their games, and they won't leave this game without an clear ending.

Remedy, we trust on you, we're waiting for the announcement of the sequel of Alan Wake =P
                              And this, "Alan Wake's journey through the darkness will continue", for me is a real unofficial announcement =)

Comment

That ending is almost a confirmation of a sequel for me. Might even be a metaphor for Remedy. Replace Alan with Sam and Mikki and the cabin with Remedy´s office and there you go .

Anyway, I loved the DLC. Intense from start to finish. Maybe a bit too much combat this time around, but that´s just me.
                                Open up the broken cup
                                Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

Working...
                                X