Alan "Tearing" Wake?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alan "Tearing" Wake?

I love this game....but....I am on my second playthrough and just got to the beginning of Chapter 4 and, Wow!, the tearing is awful! I remember it from the first playthrough....but I don't remember it being this bad. Glad to know it's not just me....sort of. I kind of wish it was just me and not the game.....will check my resolution....but, wow.
    Worth the Wait....

Comment

In Episode 1 is was realllly noticeable when Alice was driving.
      The FPS cap is a concept.
      I can tell the difference if something is at 60fps or 24fps, it's something you pick up only after time, same as sound.

Comment

to be honest i dont notice any, i have played the game through 3 times and havent noticed any, maybe im not looking for it, maybe i just dont see it. i dont know.

im using a samsung ue40b7000 led tv with the motion plus on my own settings and dont see any tearing.

but maybe im not looking for it i dont know, wouldnt be bothered anyhow, the game is top

Comment

Any update on this issue Remedy?

Is this something you're likely to fix with a patch or will we just have to get used to it?

If you have any remedies (no pun) it'll be greatly appreciated

Comment

Could be some resolution related?

I remember that the first Dead Rising has an HUGE (very, ****ing HUGE)problem with tearing if you donīt configure the Xbox AND yout TV at the exact resolution it works (maybe 720p? I canīt ermember that detail, but anything different - higher or lower- got you tearing big time). Once you get the corrects settings, worked fine (had a LITTLE tearing that didnīt affect the gameplay).

Maybe with Alan Cake (love that name) works similar, if you donīt configure everything allright... maybe someone from Remedy could check it (or refute it).

Just bought the game, by the way. Iīm not at home so I really didnīt play it yet.

Comment

Double post, my bad.

I played all the way through the first chapter yesterday, didnīt see any tearing issues O_o Only a ****ing lot of forest

But I played it it in "SD", in my brotherīs LCD TV (19 inches I think), maybe the tearing comes with the component/HDMI, higher resolutions...

By the way, the end of chapter 1 leaves an incredible obvious (probably fake) explanation to the Alan Wakeīs state. I wish the real explanation to be moar interesting xD

Comment

Yeah, you're in for a real treat (and a real noodle-baker).

Comment

Working...
                X