Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Why does my Xbox think its playing a DVD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does my Xbox think its playing a DVD?

Hi

Anyone help? Just started playing the game. My Xbox thinks its playing a DVD, not a game for about 5 or 6 times before it will start playing properly.

Anyone tell me why

Thanks in Advance

Re: Why does my Xbox think its playing a DVD?

Either a dirty disc or a dirty lens will be corrupting the data the xbox is trying to read. Clean both.

Comment

The "DVD Message" will also be caused by overheating of the console. Make sure your console is well ventilated.
      XXLGaming Alan Wake Review - XXLGaming Alan Wake's American Nightmare Review
      Microsoft Xbox MVP

Comment

Either a dirty disk

Or

Dodgy DVD drive

Just hit it or something

Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Had that when my copy was scratched, (but fixed it with toothpaste). Has your copy got any scratches on it?

Comment

how can one fix a Disc with toothpaste? *amazedness*

Comment

Originally posted by Pfoffie View Post
              how can one fix a Disc with toothpaste? *amazedness*
              It was a lifesaver when the xbox chewed up the AW disc when it arrived a day before the release date.

Its usually a last resort, but if you get your hands on white toothpaste, theres a chance its 'abrasive' - meaning it has small bits in which can make smaller scratches to help make the larger scratches (causing the DVD fault) finer.

Comment

aaahhh!!! you were like polishing it with toothpaste?
                Thank you lots for explaining. i'm sure this can come in quite handy if a disc scratches on a sunday

Comment

Toothpaste can sometimes work, but as Demite said, it's usually a last resort.

If your disc is scratched, most game retailers will be able to resurface the disc for you for about £3. GAME in the UK will repair 3 discs for £5. This is by far the best option to repair a disc.

Assuming your disc has normal scratches from accident, neglect or misuse, it'll be restored to an as-new condition. The only thing it won't fix is deep gouges into the disc, cracks, warping or damage to the label side of the disc.

Comment

Working...
                  X