Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Flask count reset after format

Hey guys,

I decided to format my PC yesterday after a few issues I had with other stuff. To cut a long story short I copied over my steamapps folder from another drive so all my games were intact. Started up AW and steam cloud got my save file so I could carry on from where I was, but the flask count has been reset, I picked up a flask and it said 1 out of 100 It should have been around 20 or so I reckon. Not a biggie I am doing more then one play through anyway, just thought I should mention it.

Cheers
    i5 2500k@4.6ghz with Venom Cooler
    Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 with 8gb ram
    VTX 2gb 6950

Re: Flask count reset after format

Same with manuscripts. I guess these are not linked to the save file.
    VTX 2gb 6950

Comment

No-one else thinks this is a bug?
      VTX 2gb 6950

Comment

We've seen a few of these reports but the game doesn't do anything except place files to that folder and Steam handles the cloud sync.

We're kind of at a loss on what we could do about this...

We've tested on two PCs, we've tested crashing one pc in the middle of gameplay etc and can't find a clear case where something in our code would be causing this.

Comment

Originally posted by voorhees1979 View Post
          Hey guys,

I decided to format my PC yesterday after a few issues I had with other stuff. To cut a long story short I copied over my steamapps folder from another drive so all my games were intact. Started up AW and steam cloud got my save file so I could carry on from where I was, but the flask count has been reset, I picked up a flask and it said 1 out of 100 It should have been around 20 or so I reckon. Not a biggie I am doing more then one play through anyway, just thought I should mention it.

Cheers
          This is the folder you need to backup: Program Files\Steam\userdata\

Then find: 108710\remote

The savefile is actually called: savegame.aws

I originally reported this on the Steam forums last week & several others have done so since but I think its down to steamcloud sync issues. Now I manually backup the savefile just incase & have not noticed any issues playing on 2 different PC's if the savegame is out of sync it produces a msg onscreen asking me if I want to overwrite it.

I notice on other Steamworks games steamcloud is not that reliable I think on Fallout New Vegas in the end Bethesda just disabled it totally!

Comment

ah ha thanks guys I will do that so I have a backup
            VTX 2gb 6950

Comment

I've lost my save totally, would someone PLEEEEEEAAAASE share a save with me? I got up to Ep 4 and really really don't want to start over meticulously gathering pages and thermas. I would really appreciate it.

Comment

We have fixed a bug related to this in the upcoming 1.03 update.

Still, wanted to say I'm sorry as the update is not going to bring your stats back.

Comment

Do stats numbers contribute to achievements over multiple playthroughs? Example: I've got 800 birds killed by the time i finished the game. I've started a new game, my bird count is carried over, will I get the achiev?

edit: Yes I just confirmed this works.
                  Last edited by On2wheels; 03-20-2012, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
                    We have fixed a bug related to this in the upcoming 1.03 update.

Still, wanted to say I'm sorry as the update is not going to bring your stats back.
                    I missed this post, thanks for fixing the problem. We would accept your apology but it gives us another reason to do another playthrough
                    VTX 2gb 6950

Comment

Working...
                    X