PC version wont install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC version wont install

Help I have just bought Alan Wake PC boxed retail version, and it won't install. It asks for my product key which is on printed on the DVD but when i put it in the installer says:
    " Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled."
    I bought it from Game in the UK and i am in the UK trying to install it. I don't even know why the installer says "your purchase has been cancelled"
    I already purchased it!!
    Any support would be welcome as I don't think i can even take it back because i heard it on the news this morning that Game as gone into liquidation, just my luck.

Re: PC version wont install

[MENTION=23550]gee2wt[/MENTION] Of course it should work. Nordic Game should be able to solve this for you. Try this first. http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/contact
    They will likely ask for a proof of purchase like a receipt (a photo should do).

As a secondary line of investigation you can PM me with your invalid code and I can check which key batch it is from.

Comment

I've received a 2nd report from Italy. This may be a mistake in the system we hopefully can resolve soon and automatically, and I am investigating.

Comment

Hi everybody,
        I have the very same problem. When I insert the code, I just get the message: "Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled."
        How shall I proceed? Shall I call nordicgames too? Or the problem will be fixed for everybody in a matter of time?
        Thank you in advance.

Comment

Ah, sorry, I forgot: I'm from Italy too.

Comment

Ok, restart Steam client and try again. Hopefully the problem is solved. (it was solved 08:43 CET)

Comment

Yes, the problem is solved.
              Thank you very much.

Comment

Great! And apologies for the hassle.

Comment

same problem here,

I'm unable to register game on my steam account

got box version of Alan Wake,

I live in Poland ;/

any help would be much appreaciate.

Comment

przemqqq you would need to Nordic Games at http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/contact

Thanks!
                    Markus

Comment

[MENTION=257]MarkusRMD[/MENTION] - thank you for your assistance,

I've allready submitted (a few times!) my problems using the contact form on Nordic Games website, but received no response... absolutely nothing ;/

I've also double checked all informations on the box and instruction note, if there is any information about the game beeing not available in my country -nothing.

kinda desperate here ;/

Comment

[MENTION=23590]przemqqq[/MENTION] I've notified Nordic Games about this, and I hope you will be contacted soon.

Comment

hey,

Just pop-in to say that the problem was solved,
                          thxs to guys from Nordic Games.

[MENTION=257]MarkusRMD[/MENTION] - thank you for your intervention.

cheers!

Comment

Ok, great!

Comment

I encountered the same problem with my copy of Alan Wake. I bought the game from an EB store in Australia two weeks ago and now I went back to SA and tried to install the game here but I encountered the same error as the other guys.
                              I followed the instructions at the post and sent a message using the following link
                              http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/contact
                              But it has been three days now and I have not received any response yet and the problem still persist.
                              Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X