Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC 2012 multiplayer is broken?

Subject - topic's title.
    Before today I've tried to find anyone on DTHRALLY, but it failed all the time, well, maybe no one playing, ok...
    But now I've tried to play with my friend and it ended up in total nothing... Why?
    Steps:
    1) I activated ONLINE
    2) Activated my channel
    3) Entered FRIENDS map, and nothing... No one can be found...
    After that I tried to connect to his channel - still - nothing
    We've tried to set graphics to LOW, and still total zero response
    What's wrong with MP? Or are we doing smth wrong?
    ...the magician longs to see, one chance out between two worlds, Fire Walk With Me
    Support Alan on Metacritic
    raptr friends are needed

Re: multiplayer is broken?

[MENTION=21908]Patric[/MENTION]RMD is reading these forums and the team is still looking at any clear issues to fix. I'm not a DR Steam MP expert.

Comment

We need to look into this, but it's the first time I hear of such problems.

If both you and your friend enter the same Game Channel name, turn it on in the settings, and select the Game Channel race (far right) about the same time, you should be connected to a private game with just the two of you and some bots filling up the race.

If the public tracks are empty of players, you can also go to any of the other online races. If you join about the same time +/- 10 seconds, you should be connected to the same race.

On the launch day, the game version did some match making errors and you only got into a game every second attempt. In the next few days, when we had a higher load of gamers to test with, we managed to get the match making working close to 100%. Latest yesterday we had an online session here at the office and hunted each other and some other awesome gamers that happened to be online. All worked flawlessly.

Comment

Hmm, will try to play in private soon.
        I managed to play several races online, but when it comes to play via a channel - it stuck
        But nevertheless - ty for an answer.

PS. And any info about that - http://community.remedygames.com/showthread.php?t=9130
        Lots of ppl would like to have the ability.
        ...the magician longs to see, one chance out between two worlds, Fire Walk With Me
        Support Alan on Metacritic
        raptr friends are needed

Comment

Hello, I am having the same problem. I tried to play with a friend, we tried entering the same channel, and didn't find each other. He is geographically far away if that matters. We also tried going to the same map in MP and that didn't work either.

Comment

Haven't figured out how to find any players in this game yet. If somebody wants to try and play this game with me online, my steam nick is "Jester131"
            If you like the actor JAMES McCAFFREY you NEED to watch my James McCaffrey COLLECTION

Comment

Working...
            X