There's no sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no sound

Installed it 15min ago and played and there's no sound. Music vol is 60% and SFX is 75%.

Clicked F1 to F12 multiple times but no sound.

Funny thing is, that I have downloaded it and played 6 months ago with sound. Only difference I can think of is that I got:
    • SP 1 for Win 7 Ultimate x64 (No SP1 last time)
    • A Nvidia GTX 570 (had GeForce 8800GTS 512MB G92 before)

I got various programs running, like Msn, Skype, Smart Defrag II, Steam, Xfire NOD32....

Re: There's no sound

Hmmm... Did you try updating your sound card ? Since Win 7 is installed, everything has various problems.

BTW, the specs you posted don't have to do anything with the sound.
    The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

I just started Death Rally in windowed mode and the music works!
      I can alt+enter to fullscreen and it works perfectly (tried only in the menus though)

I do wonder why the music doesn't work when i start it normally.

I know that the SP and graphicscard got possibly nothing to do with sound & music, but it was my biggest changes from when Death Rally worked the last time.
      Last edited by Campaigner; 04-04-2011, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Maybe you should try different sound sources from in-game ?
        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

I updated my sounddrivers (didn't know they were updated as my chipset ALC889 is very old now!) and everything works perfectly

Comment

Nice. I guessed it had to do with your sound card's drivers as I posted earlier. Glad to hear that your game works fine. ^^ Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
            X