The Real world - max payne 1 mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Real world - max payne 1 mod

I might have to, but I'd like to see if there are other options first.

It's a bit disappointing that Valve/Take2 re-released this on Steam without testing or patching it.

Comment

Quit yo job and finish it already!
      NEVER FORGET
      Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
      5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

I moved abroad for 6years + 8months in 2004 and I'm back in Surrey, England - wtf? The project started at least 2 years before. haha Maddie, you crack me up

Comment

He's goin' for ten.
          NEVER FORGET
          Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
          5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Originally posted by pocketbannana View Post
            Quit yo job and finish it already!
            Agree. or atleast tell us how much longer its gonna take ?

Comment

Hello ?

Comment

^I left these forums over a year ago - I just drop in from time to time now.

Originally posted by pocketbannana View Post
                He's goin' for ten.
                It's 9 or 10 years, depending on who you ask, and where you go from (2002 or 2003). I originally bought Max Payne in 2002 to make a matrix mod and I believe I've come as close as I possibly can to realising that vision (with tons of help of course).

So yeah, it's not perfect, it doesn't live up to the hype, and the people who've waited the longest will probably hate it because it's not what they imagined... but, I'm happy to announce that The Real World's first 'proper' release is coming out very soon (days).

Please visit my moddb page for details: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-real-world

I realise that the end product is more than dated, but I'm not one for chasing technology - for me it's about gameplay and seeing projects through to completion. Personally I believe that Max Payne is one of those games that people return to over time -- it's a superb story-driven action game. If only a few people get bit more enjoyment out of the game then it was worth it. If not, ah well - I had fun making it.

Comment

Comment

Hi Maddie , Those are just screenshots on that page

EDIT : Just saw the below

The Real World
                    Max Payne mod | Released Mar 11, 2012

Why the hell have you mentioned "Released" , when it hasnt been done ?

When are you planning to release it ? in another 5 years ?

Comment

[MENTION=2362]Mr47[/MENTION]

That image above is a QR code to download for the first part of the mod. Or, it was - I had to take it down 5 minutes ago due to bandwidth issues. I'm uploading a mirror now, should be up again a few hours.

Comment

Btw congrats on the release [MENTION=33]Maddieman[/MENTION]! It's taken a while but it's really cool to see you have kept at it to see it's release to the end.

Now I got to reinstall Max Payne and have a play of this puppy. If only I had a PC laying around somewhere and wasn't using a Mac!

Comment

Originally posted by sidetwo View Post
                          Btw congrats on the release [MENTION=33]Maddieman[/MENTION]! It's taken a while but it's really cool to see you have kept at it to see it's release to the end.

Now I got to reinstall Max Payne and have a play of this puppy. If only I had a PC laying around somewhere and wasn't using a Mac!
                          Cant Remedy lend you one?

Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Sure, I've got an extra one in my office. He can come and pick that up whenever he likes.

Kind of a long walk from Australia, though. =)
                            Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Thats that sorted then
                              Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                                [MENTION=2362]Mr47[/MENTION]

That image above is a QR code to download for the first part of the mod. Or, it was - I had to take it down 5 minutes ago due to bandwidth issues. I'm uploading a mirror now, should be up again a few hours.
                                thanks maddie ,Please provide the link of the new mirror.

Comment

Working...
                                X