Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Project] Max Payne : Remastered

Hi

I'm a French Max Payne's Fan from the beginning, and i'm sad because I can play at the first Max Payne on Vista. So I've decide to create a mods where you can play the first MP into Max Payne 2. I've just started, and need some volunteers to help me.

So, who want to help me?
    Pègre & Cie
    Pour un MAX de MAX PAYNE

Re: [Project] Max Payne : Remastered

Hello. No, You CAN PLAY max payne on Vista.

1. First of all you must setup patch 1.05

2. Click on shortcut on you desktop (properties) and change the Compatibility to Windows 98 or Windows XP Service pack 2.

3. If game crashes, use low settings in the beggining of the game. It works sometimes.
    Last edited by ALoNE; 04-21-2009, 06:22 PM.
    the shadows rushed me, bruised mug-shot faces hungry for revenge. They knew my weak spots and closed in for the kill. Just a dream.

Comment

i've already tried all these patch, in fact i can play it, but i haven't the dialogue. anyway, i really want to make this mods. For those who want to help me, send me a PM. Please.
      Pègre & Cie
      Pour un MAX de MAX PAYNE

Comment

Ahahah))) There is an interesting thread under your topic.

It's called "Ultimate Max Payne vista sound patch". Try this one.
        Last edited by ALoNE; 04-21-2009, 06:28 PM.
        the shadows rushed me, bruised mug-shot faces hungry for revenge. They knew my weak spots and closed in for the kill. Just a dream.

Comment

Thanks, i've also tried this patch, but he don't work on my computer.
          Pègre & Cie
          Pour un MAX de MAX PAYNE

Comment

Hmm, it's strange. I have Vista also, but i have not any problems with mp1.
            Maybe you may reinstall it and try again same steps?

P.S. There is another way to fix that.
            Last edited by ALoNE; 04-21-2009, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I find the remaking of Max Payne using MP2's engine an intriguing endeavor. Good luck.
              "Do you know what your sin is?"
              "Oh hell, I'm a fan of all seven."

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Lime View Post
                I find the remaking of Max Payne using MP2's engine an intriguing endeavor. Good luck.
                I also find it an illegal endeavor.

As far as I know it's not legally possible to recreate MP1 in MP2. You will have to get permission from Take 2 before doing something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
                  I also find it an illegal endeavor.

As far as I know it's not legally possible to recreate MP1 in MP2. You will have to get permission from Take 2 before doing something like this.
                  Even if it required the original MP files to work?

Fans made a mod where you can play Baldur's Gate in the Baldur's Gate II engine, but it required the original BG installed to work. Don't know if they had/required a permission for that.
                  OMC NOB
                  Ragdoll Matrix
                  Crysis

Comment

Originally posted by RTsa View Post
                    Even if it required the original MP files to work?

Fans made a mod where you can play Baldur's Gate in the Baldur's Gate II engine, but it required the original BG installed to work. Don't know if they had/required a permission for that.
                    If it requires the original MP files then that's different and quite legal. If they actually recreate the original MP files and package them up in a new mod where the player doesn't need MP1 then that's another story.

Comment

Well, I don't think it's really legals, but if someone want to play MP1 with this mods, He also need the original MP2, so what's the problems. This not like if I recreate a Star Wars or a GTA in Max Payne 2. The two games are from the same creator and editor. And don't forget, it's just for fun. All will be recreated except the sound and texture.

I don't think that Take 2 or Rockstar or whatever else will come to said that's not legal.
                      Pègre & Cie
                      Pour un MAX de MAX PAYNE

Comment

Well you still need permission from them before creating it.

Can you play the MP1 mod you're trying to create in MP2 without needing to install MP1? If so then it's illegal. It doesn't matter if it's for fun or not, if it allows people to play Max Payne 1 without owning a copy of Max Payne 1 (it doesn't matter if they own Max Payne 2, they are seperate games) then it's not legal to do.

Comment

This idea has been raised before (several times) but never went very far. Just consider the sheer amount of levels to recreate from scratch and you should realize why. Add to that characters, weapons, etc.

Not wanting to sound too cynical, but I believe it isn't worth it and that it'd take a team about as big as the original developer team to get it done. Plus by the time you're done with it, years from now, Windows will have released a new operating system and Max Payne 2 won't run on Future-Vista-2015 or whatever.

Just partition your drive and install XP if you really want to play Max Payne and it really doesn't work out on Vista.
                          Last edited by Corwin; 04-24-2009, 06:59 AM.

Comment

I recently updated the "ultimate sound patch", so now it should work on your system too, even if you installed in an UAC-protected directory (this is where/why previous versions failed...)

Get v0.86(23-Apr-09) here http://www.alanwake.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1729

I'd be very happy if you tried it especially if you had problems with it before. Please report if it worked or not, because I'm set on fixing it so if you still have problems, I want to know about them
                            Last edited by Darkje; 04-24-2009, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X