Remedy's Thoughts on Max Payne Movie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remedy's Thoughts on Max Payne Movie

I was wondering if guys from Remedy could tell us their thoughts on the movie made years ago.

Maybe there's already a topic, im not sure.

Personally, I didnt enjoy it much. I apologize if anybody from Remedy participated to the film, but I wasnt impressed.

Re: Remedy's Thoughts on Max Payne Movie

I think i would have enjoyed it more without the MP name on it because it just did not feel like Max Payne to me at all.
    Team Yu
    https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
    http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Originally posted by thebestbit View Post
      I think i would have enjoyed it more without the MP name on it because it just did not feel like Max Payne to me at all.
      ^This.

Comment

I wouldn't count on them commenting on the movie. If they say anything bad, Marky Mark is likely to rock up and say hi to their mothers.
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
          I wouldn't count on them commenting on the movie. If they say anything bad, Marky Mark is likely to rock up and say hi to their mothers.
          Mark who? Wallyburg- I mean Wahlberg

Comment

The movie was pretty bad i thought.

What a way to ruin a fantastic game.
            Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

I think everyone here was pretty happy about a fairly big budget movie even getting made (it's not that common!), and even a sub-optimal movie makes the brand better known. But I don't think the Mario or Street Fighter movies ruined the games..

And no, we did not have involvement with the film.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
                I think everyone here was pretty happy about a fairly big budget movie even getting made (it's not that common!), and even a sub-optimal movie makes the brand better known. But I don't think the Mario or Street Fighter movies ruined the games..

And no, we did not have involvement with the film.
                But you didn't answer the question:

DID. YOU. ENJOY. THE. MOVIE? ;P

I know i asked for your thoughts, but i presume we all wanna know what you thought of it.

I didnt feel like it was the max payne I knew. Max Payne was a right badass... this max payne just...
                was not.

And if i made a game franchise being made into the movie, I'd want to see the script that was written before I even approve it. I would want to make sure the movie stays true to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kranitoko View Post
                  But you didn't answer the question:

DID. YOU. ENJOY. THE. MOVIE? ;P
                  I think this is the best you'll get:

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
                  sub-optimal movie

And if i made a game franchise being made into the movie, I'd want to see the script that was written before I even approve it. I would want to make sure the movie stays true to the game.
                  Unfortunately, things don't usually work this way with the film industry. If producers/production companies are financially backing the project they are usually going to have their say/way. Making money (making the movie more appealing to a larger audience) is more of a concern than staying true to the source material. But hey, it is a business after all.

Comment

It'd be pretty unusual for anyone not directly involved in the production to approve the script. Unfortunately, unless you're J.K. Rowling, you probably wont have anything to do with it besides signing something to say they can make the movie if they give you money. But then again, I've never made a videogame that was adapted into a movie, so I could be wrong.
                    Last edited by Mirror Peak; 01-17-2012, 08:09 AM.

Comment

IMO, this movie has NOTHING to do with the actual games. What's dis shit with Valkyries and anything like this? This movie has no relation with the real Max Payne, to be honest.
                      The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Peak View Post
                        It'd be pretty unusual for anyone not directly involved in the production to approve the script. Unfortunately, unless you're J.K. Rowling, you probably wont have anything to do with it besides signing something to say they can make the movie if they give you money. But then again, I've never made a videogame that was adapted into a movie, so I could be wrong.
                        Yeah, most of the time, but the Silent Hill movie is an exception to that.

Comment

Originally posted by doomed View Post
                          Yeah, most of the time, but the Silent Hill movie is an exception to that.
                          Maybe Konami didn't hold that much clout, or they just didn't know how to make a good movie, but Silent Hill didn't do overwhelmingly better than Max Payne in theaters or with critics. I guess studio involvement doesn't automatically equal a successful movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Peak View Post
                            Maybe Konami didn't hold that much clout, or they just didn't know how to make a good movie, but Silent Hill didn't do overwhelmingly better than Max Payne in theaters or with critics. I guess studio involvement doesn't automatically equal a successful movie.
                            Silent Hill was a heck load more true to the games than Max Payne was.

Comment

Silent Hill was a heck load more true to the games than Max Payne was.
                              That may be true, but they both still have the same metacritic scores and did pretty similarly in the box office too. Being true to the source material doesn't always make a movie better, especially with videogames since they're usually lacking in the writing department, but I doubt it would've hurt Max Payne.
                              Last edited by Mirror Peak; 01-17-2012, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X