Max Payne 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Max Payne 3

Was about to post those myself. Those are awesome shots. NY will be great to revisit.
    Time is the fire in which we burn

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_assassin View Post
      New screen shots from the new-york flashbacks.

I'd say this is how Max Payne 3 should look like.

Not the lambada dances in Brasil...

Comment

Originally posted by ancient View Post
        I'd say this is how Max Payne 3 should look like.

Not the lambada dances in Brasil...
        Nice shots buddy.
        I can't wait for MP3.
        I'm sure it will be great.

Comment

Would've even preferred Max in Russia or something.... something from Vlad's connections taking him there. Still not settled on Brazil... i don't know if i will be until i get to play it out and see for myself if whether or not it's really a decent choice.

Obviously I'm no gate keeper of what the Max Payne games are supposed to be like, i just have a certain opinion an view for the character that fits a certain aesthetic and Brazil sure as hell ain't it.
          Last edited by ZeroSum; 03-19-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

New artwork and wallpaper:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...reckoning.html

Comment

I'll repeat what I've said a thousand times. If this game wasn't sold under the "Max Payne 3" title, I would be boiling in anticipation. But the first game is so legendary that this still pales in comparison.

BTW; what's up with R*'s videos? They always show and tell the same things. Euphoria is great but this is not a tech demo and the graphics aren't great, they need to show how Max is Max in his core, more story related trailers R*, that's how you'll sell the game to dozens of players like me who are interested in the story, not the tech!

That said I hope MP3 has inherited R*'s legacy of making games satisfying in terms of length. Hope it isn't a 3-4 hour game like most contemporary games, I'm not expecting the next RDR but 10-20 hours wouldn't hurt if they can keep it interesting.
              Mirrors are more fun than television.
              Verdict: MP1>MP3>MP2

Comment

I wonder if Max's baby will make an appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by ScarletSnake View Post
                  I'll repeat what I've said a thousand times. If this game wasn't sold under the "Max Payne 3" title, I would be boiling in anticipation. But the first game is so legendary that this still pales in comparison.

BTW; what's up with R*'s videos? They always show and tell the same things. Euphoria is great but this is not a tech demo and the graphics aren't great, they need to show how Max is Max in his core, more story related trailers R*, that's how you'll sell the game to dozens of players like me who are interested in the story, not the tech!

That said I hope MP3 has inherited R*'s legacy of making games satisfying in terms of length. Hope it isn't a 3-4 hour game like most contemporary games, I'm not expecting the next RDR but 10-20 hours wouldn't hurt if they can keep it interesting.
                  The graphics are pretty amazing to me, dude. The animation looks so fluid, and the acting and character models are pretty convincing. The environment seems super-detailed, atmosphere seems very dark and gritty despite it's location. The issue with story-related trailers is that R* probably doesn't want to spoil too much stuff (they've always been super-secretive). The tech is super-interesting, but I'm with you, I'm more interested in the story. I'm sure it'll be up to snuff when we can finally experience it for ourselves. Remember, they have to appeal to a lot of new fans who unlike you or me, haven't played MP1 and MP2, which is why there's a lot of emphasis on visuals and tech as well as story. One, minimum spoilers, and two, they need to sell a lot of people on this game.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry. I'm staying as optimistic as possible.

A Rockstar rep said that the game's about 8-10 hours long. It'll definitely be longer than MP2.

Comment

Damn that video was good. Should shut up any haters stuck in the past.

Comment

They take a lot of cues from Tony Scott, don't they?
                      "Do you know what your sin is?"
                      "Oh hell, I'm a fan of all seven."

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Lime View Post
                        They take a lot of cues from Tony Scott, don't they?
                        And Michael Mann too.

New PC Screens:

Article:Max Payne 3 on PC boasts DirectX 11 tessellation and 3D functionality

The PC version of Max Payne 3 is "not a port" Rockstar has said, whilst also releasing a batch of shiny new PC specific screenshots.

The publisher says the game has been created for PC to "run beautifully straight out of the box" and will take full advantage of everything PCs have to offer.

"We're proud to say that Max Payne 3 will support Direct X 11 features including Tessellation," explains a Mas Payne 3 fact sheet released by Rockstar. "This means a higher frame rate, greater visual fidelity, precision mouse and keyboard controls, a full suite of customisable visual and control settings, and optional 3D functionality for an even greater sense of immersion."

Furthermore, Rockstar says it is aware that many PC gamers don't use cutting-edge equipment so Max Payne 3 has been created to run well on a "a vast range of hardware configurations".

Max Payne 3 will be released for PC on June 1.

Comment

The Weapons of Max Payne 3: Submachine Guns (New Video, Screens & 360-Degree Renders):

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...reens-360.html
                          Sorry for my bad english, I'm french. :)

Comment

Coming Next Week: MAX PAYNE 3 MULTIPLAYER Gameplay Video Part One:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...-part-one.html
                            Sorry for my bad english, I'm french. :)

Comment

Originally posted by K100 View Post
                              Coming Next Week: MAX PAYNE 3 MULTIPLAYER Gameplay Video Part One:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...-part-one.html
                              Prepare for your first glimpse of the game's multiplayer in action with in-depth detail on unique features and modes like Gang Wars, Payne Killer, and the debut of Bullet Time® online...
                              Bullet Time Online?
                              Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                              Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

http://paynereactor.com/home/news/12...armada-alancia

Who's in?
                                Proud owner of PayneReactor, the best website for Max Payne news and more!

Comment

Working...
                                X