• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask Remedy...

Originally posted by AnttiApina View Post

Good times...

Remedy, i have one question...

We gonna see crazy remedy stuff like Undress Unknow, **** Justice ?
    Chelsea Football Club - CFC' GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by WakeLestat360 View Post
      Good times...

Remedy, i have one question...

We gonna see crazy remedy stuff like Undress Unknow, **** Justice ?
      I don't think it would be a crazy Remedy game without some crazy Remedy stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by anttitRMD View Post
        I don't think it would be a crazy Remedy game without some crazy Remedy stuff...
        Cannot wait to see another classic such as Lords And Ladies
        KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

For Remedy: What is usually the most complicated or debated part of the game development process?
          Remedy's currently known projects:
          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Crazy to see that stuff... Very, very Crazy!
            Chelsea Football Club - CFC' GO BLUES!

Comment

To Remedy,

Do you guys do the post-effects on the CPU or the GPU... Or both?

7hanks!
              "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
              -Tyler Durden

Comment

What would happen if Alan Wake was a epic failure? I mean it's going up against Halo:Reach, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Red Dead Redemption, every gamer I know Personally has never heard of AW but has heard of the over 3...and I asked like 40 people that's a large amount considering
                Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
                Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011

Comment

To me, it's a great honor to be even compared to such established giant franchises like CoD or Halo. For an independent studio with a new IP, our position is remarkably good.

That being said, of course I'm scared of the reception we're going to get or the sales figures we're going to have and I don't think there's nothing to be ashamed in that: something would be very wrong if I wouldn't be at least a little bit anxious of the release after working on the game for five years.

Sooo, what would happen if Alan Wake sold like three or four copies? I'd have a bloody great looking title to garnish my CV with and I think I wouldn't have any troubles finding a new job in the industry. But realistically, I think our odds are good once we get the word out a bit more. The amount of love we've gotten from the testers and the previewers has been almost scary. Really. It makes my head spin.

PS. I haven't heard of Call of Duty: Black Ops myself

Comment

remedy

What do u think of Blender Software for making game enviroments??

Also is 3dsMax anygood for making gameworlds.

hat would you consider to be a good starting point?

thanks
                    Last edited by djshauny1; 03-29-2010, 11:31 PM.
                    Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

To me, it's a great honor to be even compared to such established giant franchises like CoD or Halo. For an independent studio with a new IP, our position is remarkably good.

That being said, of course I'm scared of the reception we're going to get or the sales figures we're going to have and I don't think there's nothing to be ashamed in that: something would be very wrong if I wouldn't be at least a little bit anxious of the release after working on the game for five years.

Sooo, what would happen if Alan Wake sold like three or four copies? I'd have a bloody great looking title to garnish my CV with and I think I wouldn't have any troubles finding a new job in the industry. But realistically, I think our odds are good once we get the word out a bit more. The amount of love we've gotten from the testers and the previewers has been almost scary. Really. It makes my head spin.

PS. I haven't heard of Call of Duty: Black Ops myself
                      Glad to hear your confidence, I'm sure Alan Wake will do well and win a few awards, story and artisitic vision I think.

Apparently Black Ops is the new name for Call of Duty 7, leaked by an Activision Insider

Comment

Remedy, have the hand animations in Alan Wake been fixed?

In Max Payne 1 if you aimed the gun up or down, Max's hand would be in the shape of clutching a gun but the gun would be floating mid-air next to him

In Max Payne 2 the same happened, only the trigger hand was fine, the stability hand was all over the place.

We're not gonna have a floating torch and gun in Alan Wake if we aim up or down are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark View Post
                          Glad to hear your confidence, I'm sure Alan Wake will do well and win a few awards, story and artisitic vision I think.

Apparently Black Ops is the new name for Call of Duty 7, leaked by an Activision Insider
                          Nope COD 7 is out this fall and is based around the world war 2 era again.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumWake
                            Do you guys do the post-effects on the CPU or the GPU... Or both?
                            GPU, albeit we have a helper thread that does some pre-calculation for color correction to help the GPU out.

Originally posted by Dagmar
                            I have a question for Remedy. Alan Wake pushing 360 to its limit? After the release, there is a possibility for improving the engine?
                            The graphics side is pretty well optimized, but I think we can still push for more in the future especially on the CPU side but also on the GPU. We already have a few bigger changes in mind that could free up as much as 30% processing time, but they were too big to do for Alan Wake 1.

But it's not all about improving the engine. We also learned what kind of content works and looks the best with the engine we have, and can, from day one, make cooler stuff in the future. Expect the downloadable content to benefit from this already somewhat.

Originally posted by Dark View Post
                            Remedy, have the hand animations in Alan Wake been fixed? We're not gonna have a floating torch and gun in Alan Wake if we aim up or down are we?
                            Well, first of all no lines of code from Max Payne games ended up in Alan Wake. So fixed, yes, but also rewritten to be a much more advanced system. Mostly it works really well. I guess some extreme cases may have problems but you'd really have to look closely for them...

Comment

7hank you Markus!
                              "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
                              -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by jamted_12 View Post
                                Nope COD 7 is out this fall and is based around the world war 2 era again.
                                I really doubt that.

Due to the fact that they have brought licensed music from the 50's to the 80's Cuban, Southern American etc

Rumours are that it's multi-timeline set in Vietnam, Cuba and Falklands, they wouldn't make WW2 again

Well, first of all no lines of code from Max Payne games ended up in Alan Wake. So fixed, yes, but also rewritten to be a much more advanced system. Mostly it works really well. I guess some extreme cases may have problems but you'd really have to look closely for them...
                                Yay! what exactly caused that to happen in Max Payne though? I remember when I first played it I was 10 and paused it, the camera spun around and I was absolutely gob-smacked hehe
                                Last edited by Dark; 03-30-2010, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X