Remedy Office Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remedy Office Pics

Happy New Year! I thought I'd make a New Years' promise to continue posting to this forum a bit more actively when I have a moment of free time (as I started doing late last year).

You've requested pics from our office multiple times, so I thought that's a good place to start. I'll post a few pics a day for the duration of this week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Remedy_Office_Summer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	238347
    This is our office building. It looks bigger than it is and pretty posh, as it was built during the boom times in 1989, but is 10 kilometers from downtown Helsinki in the middle of a fairly quiet residential area. But the glass windows are a constant pain, cracking in the changing temperatures. Plus there are no doors you could get an object wider than 90cm (3 feet) in to the building. Not an architectural masterpiece in usability...

Still, it's about the right size for us, has (almost) enough parking and the rent is not horrible. And it's all in our use.

Name:	RMDOffice_entrance.jpg
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	238348
    This was taken from the front entrance. You can see our soda machines up front (we have both brands ), and some awards on the right.

Re: Remedy Office Pics

Name:	RMDOffice_hall.jpg
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	236237
    This is from the 2nd floor, showing the entrance hall and our gaming area that has gotten less use now that we took our "team meeting room" to project use; behind the flipboard's a large team area with about a dozen folks where a large part of the game content is being made.

Comment

I've always wondered ever since I first saw the shots of the new office space who cleans those windows? That'd be a pain in the a** I'm sure!.

Nice pics.. I think it'd be awesome to get a video tour of the office space with some quick interviews of everyone and what they do. Of course this could be one thing to add to the list to do in the future

Comment

Thanks alot man - well appreciated.

Man the building looks classy.

Comment

ADM making that with any kind of quality would take quite a while. Are you sure you want us spending that time away from actually making the game? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
            ADM making that with any kind of quality would take quite a while. Are you sure you want us spending that time away from actually making the game? :-)
            The fan inside me actually wants to say yes but I know everyone here will kill me for that haha.

Comment

Hah.

As cool as it would be, make the game!

Keep posting pictures of the office and so on if you can, but whatevers convenient on Remedy's part.

Comment

Nice pics Markus, I would like to see the develop team desktops PC
                Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

and the rent is not horrible
                  Interesting... I thought you own the building. Or does rent mean utilities?

I wouldn't feel comfortable running a gaming company in a rented building where the owner can easily kick you out one sunny summer day. It would take time to reestablish the studio somewhere else. Unless there's a fixed long-term rent agreement in place.

Home sweet home. Matters a lot

Comment

OK. Let's search for the clues in those photos regarding Alan Wake and the release date Last time, when Markus showed his desktop, there was a hint hidden in one of the document titles about October 2008 PR plan, which turned out to be true

Let's see the interior... the champagne bottle on the bottom right next to the awards might symbolize the game is actually completed!

...the blurry picture next to the Pepsi sign looks very very suspiciously. As if it's the screenshot from Alan Wake, which was hidden on purpose

...opened doors and the black suitcase might symbolize readiness/need to travel and promote Alan Wake in endless conferences and game shows.

The only problem with my theory... it's clearly September/October outside - the leaves are golden, no snow around, the receptionist lady is wearing a light white coat :/

Anyway

Comment

....and the window shutters being retracted, the privilege of daylight, must mean they have moved from Alpha to Beta status!

WTF is that taped to the Pepsi machine
                      Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

Originally posted by Raveness View Post
                        Out of Order?

More pictures Markus please
                        Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                        Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

That champagne bottle is from Max Payne's release.. it has a big 'WHEN IT'S DONE' on it if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: Yep.. found the bottle.. click the team picture here:
                          http://www.3drealms.com/max/team.html

Comment

The Pepsi Machine paper says "empty bottles from this machine to ->" because the bottles are recycled and we have two different companies (Coke&Pepsi) who want as many bottles back as they bring over... It newer works anyhow.

I thought you own the building. Or does rent mean utilities?
                            I wouldn't feel comfortable running a gaming company in a rented building where the owner can easily kick you out one sunny summer day. It would take time to reestablish the studio somewhere else. Unless there's a fixed long-term rent agreement in place.
                            Oh yes, we rent. We're in the business of making games, not owning real estate. Kicking out a stable company that pays their rent rarely happens... And while I wouldn't want to move the company for example just before shipping a game, it wouldn't be a huge problem.

...the blurry picture next to the Pepsi sign looks very very suspiciously. As if it's the screenshot from Alan Wake, which was hidden on purpose
                            It's not a screenshot, it's a cool painting/composition, and the subject matter is Alan Wake. I wanted to blur it to ensure there's no debate whether it's a shot or not and people posting post-stamp size enlargements to news sites...

it's clearly September/October outside - the leaves are golden, no snow around, the receptionist lady is wearing a light white coat :/
                            The pictures were taken yesterday, except for the full building shot. The leaves are actually evergreens. The coat is a quilted winter jacket, it was -16C (3.2F) this morning...
                            Last edited by MarkusRMD; 01-08-2009, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Name:	RMDOffice_confroom.jpg
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	236239
                              Here's our larger conference room, with Max Payne and Alan Wake magazine covers on the wall. We've been taking Max Payne covers out when we get a new Alan Wake cover. There's a 142" screen behind the camera, and 5.1 audio. And yes, the projector is an old and tired one.

Name:	RMDOffice_kitchen.jpg
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	236238
                              Here's our kitchen area (& 8' pool table), taken at lunch time. Few guys from the team eating their lunch; there's even a microwave oven that has custom programs for making foods such as "Onion Rings in Beer Batter, deep frozen" (I don't even know where to get those) and of course a special program for frozen pizzas, thin and thick crust (quite nerdy, eh?). Of course half of the office smells like pizza when somebody uses it... doh!

Name:	mocap_large.jpg
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	236240
                              As a bonus here's a picture of a larger space we occasionally rent for mocap purposes. We have a small space in our basement that doubles as photo studio but it's a bit too small for capturing e.g. fast run cycles (people tend to slow down their run when a wall is 3m in front of them and closing fast ). We also outsource some mocap work.

---

I still have a few pics for tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X