Clear All

• Windows 7 BETA

I downloaded the Windows 7 Beta (32 bits version) Its really great actually
    But no Aero this time

I have an old PC

Pentium 4 2.66 GHZ
    512 MB RAM
    128 MB Nvidia Graphics

Windows 7 seems more fast than Vista, more stable. Maybe this is going to be the next XP

Try it and tell me what you think.
    Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Re: Windows 7 BETA

windows 7 has aero. download graphic drivers and run the windows experience index score again. then aero should appear

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
    I downloaded the Windows 7 Beta (32 bits version) Its really great actually
    But no Aero this time

I have an old PC

Pentium 4 2.66 GHZ
    512 MB RAM
    128 MB Nvidia Graphics

Windows 7 seems more fast than Vista, more stable. Maybe this is going to be the next XP

Try it and tell me what you think.
    Live And Let Die
    My Windows 7 Review: http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Revi...rticleId=25284

Comment

MS finally released the official date for Windows7 RC !

The Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) will be made available to MSDN and Technet subscribers on April 30, 2009.

The public release of the Windows 7 RC will begin May 5.
      http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/win...te-update.aspx

Comment

Sweet

Looks like Windows 7 is turning out to be what Vista should have been! I'm still not moving from XP till like SP1 hits on Windows 7 though.

Comment

Faster than Vista at beta? Faster than Vista at fresh install? Or faster than Vista after all your apps are installed?

Keep in mind that Vista was much faster than XP at beta. You're not really comparing real-world stats just yet.

However, W7 is taking a page from Apple's book that those with upgrade issues should like: Windows 7 to have XP built in.
          ~+Impure Thoughts, Unethical Movements, A Shifting of the Soul into the Deeper Darker Secrets+~

Comment

TheINQ says it's a scam of sorts. I was pretty hyped and I still hope it's what they say it is, but I have my doubts.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...e-windows-scam
            OMC NOB
            Ragdoll Matrix
            Crysis

Comment

XPM Is virtual XP like running in a VM it's for legacy software used for business. I hope you didn't think you would be running games in it? lol Guess we will find out for sure Tuesday, May 5th if XP is included. I won't be installing it as it's a waste of space and I don't need it, but I will check if the option is there. Well provided the public release is Business level or above. I hope it is Ultimate again. XD

Just dual booted Vista Ultimate and Windows 7 Beta on my laptop the other day (So much easier now that XP is gone, no more dancing around it's inability to see other OS's installed or losing itself once another is installed). Love Windows 7 even more outside of a VM. Playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky and Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason Demo on it. Here's some pics:

Spoiler:
              Last edited by Darkness62; 05-03-2009, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Well for me Win7 is booting and shutting down loads faster than before with Vista. This is on an x64 and x86 machines.

Loving the new Media Center, but the wife is not liking it yet. I can finally use my laptop as an extender which is really nice.

As far as faster with programs, about the same. I know it feels faster, but they are fooling us a bit there. But same programs running in both, Windows 7 hands down will boot up quicker. Well it is actually booting faster vs the other Win7 beta I am dual booting with.

Stable yes, on the Media machine just like Vista you can leave it running for months without worrying. Loved Vista for that, it just ran and ran.

Darkness why is your build 7000, you did grab 7100 right?
                XBL - Talryyn & TalryynGames.com

Comment

A review by me http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Revi...rticleId=25284
                  Live And Let Die
                  My Windows 7 Review: http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Revi...rticleId=25284

Comment

I have watched some preview videos from Microsofts own site and it seems that windows 7 really has some handy tools. The ability to search anything through the taskbar is really intriguing
                    We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

I switched from Windows XP to Windows 7 and have been very positive about it...

...until I found out Windows 7 doesn't support hardware accelerated sound (as directX 11 doesn't have DirectSound3D or something). This means that FL Studio, Crysis, anything more sound-intensive than Windows Media Player lags and stutters as shit. This is a serious issue and it seems that there won't be a fix for it - ever. I've been thinking about bying a soundcard (I'm on onboard now) but it seems like even that wouldn't help - the soundcard would be hanging there doing nothing for the most of the time. Brilliant.

Comment

Ruuttu, neither did Vista. Crysis was made for Vista, so I'm not convinced the OS is your reason for stuttering.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
                          Ruuttu, neither did Vista. Crysis was made for Vista, so I'm not convinced the OS is your reason for stuttering.
                          Well, all the sound problems started after I switched to Windows 7 and I have all the latest drivers from Realtek installed. Games that use OpenAL and not DirectSound 3D sound great, Mirror's Edge for example. No audio sturrering of any kind (which is pretty well for 1,8 Ghz processor and an onboard soundchip).

All I know is this totally sucks. I'm buying a new motherboard and a CPU pretty soon-ish and I really don't like the idea that those gigz I've payed a high price for are being "wasted" on messing around with soundwaves... Grr...
                          Last edited by Ruuttu; 09-19-2009, 11:28 PM.

Comment

I'm running Crysis on Windows 7.
                            No problems and I actually get better performance. Onboard sound too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish View Post
                              I'm running Crysis on Windows 7.
                              No problems and I actually get better performance. Onboard sound too.
                              That's funny. Maybe my processor just isn't enough. I mean, of course it isn't, but on XP I could at least hear the music, no matter how un-enjoyable the rest of the experience was. Don't know. I should probably download the drivers directly from Acer's website but unfortunately they don't have drivers for Windows 7 yet so I have to use the Realtek reference drivers. Maybe if I'd just download the vista drivers from acer, then...

EDIT: Installed the Acer drivers which means that it should now have the exact drivers for the exact same soundchip I have in my motherboard. After the installation I restarted the computer and Windows 7 started to automatically install drivers for my soundchip. Apparently the Vista drivers didn't get recognized or didn't work. Brilliant.
                              Last edited by Ruuttu; 09-20-2009, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X