Controlling Dreams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling Dreams

Just a fun little article I found. Thought I'd share. Been doing it for years, have had some pretty trippy experiences. Also, the article is extremely hillarious in my opinion. It revolves around the art of lucid dreaming, which is to say, controlling your dreams.

Also, some language and crude references inside.

http://www.cracked.com/funny-5213-lucid-dreaming/
    Last edited by Taken634; 07-24-2011, 07:40 AM.
    Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Re: Controlling Dreams

it does not work
    "This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper."

-T.S Eliot-

Comment

The comments about sleep paralysis are way more interesting than the spammy nature of the article. Mainly because these are people I don't know posting EXTREMELY similar scenarios to how when I sometimes wake up in paralysis..... stupid human subconscious and flight vs. fight BS probably explains it all but still weird that the imagery is the same and it's not things that you'd consider normal.
      Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

I have always considered myself to be powerless when I sleep. I have no control or concentration, and sadly, most of my experiences with dreams are bad ones. Even more sadly, the ones that feel more than just dreams or, in general terms normal dreams with normal sleep, are usually more the pain than the delight. Sleep paralysis had been a problem for me for whole six years, and I know many people have suffered for it way longer than I have.

I still get same sort of feelings and uncontrolness that I felt with the sleep paralysis, and it bugs me. Feelings are weird and odd to understand from an outside point of view. Hard to explain, but it does have some correlation with lucid dreaming. Same sensations, but with control. In a way sleep paralysis feels the same way, but at the very different end of the whole sleep and mind control spectrum.

I have thought about starting to gain some skill in lucid dreaming. Maybe it will give me better sleep. And just for the fun of it. It might help with art block and such in the future.

The more I try to immerse myself with the dream the more chained my control over it becomes, and after that, it just a matter of time before the waves of heat, heart race and loud humming start to occur.

To hell with it. I am jealous of people who see boring dreams and sleep their nights peacefully.
        We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

I do have this ability, but fortunately, I'm not like those sleepwalkers. If you remember the dreams, you're bound to remember that you used to control them. ^^

Without those strange dreams I do have, I'd not be like Lovecraft himself and wouldn't write my 2 novels these days.
          The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

I do have the ability, but its limited for me.
            Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

if i had this abillity, i would dream every night of hotdog selling dragons and ice cream shitting tacos. sounds like paradise to me buddys.
              "Reality is overrated."

Comment

Working...
              X