• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Adventures of Tintin

Well, looks like it's definitely coming:

Hi res:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49663
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49664

Honestly, I have my reservations - I grew up with Tintin, have all the books, and read them all dozens of times over, - so it's only my childhood hero they're messing with (no pressure). Still, signs so far look promising - Secret of the Unicorn is a wonderful story, and if anyone can play Captain Haddock, it's Andy Serkis. I'm also interested to see how the CG works out. Nngrrh, but still, there's so many ways they could screw this up.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Maddieman; 05-17-2011, 12:26 AM.

Re: The Adventures of Tintin

I'm really looking forward to this. It looks amazing

Comment

Teaser trailer is out:
      http://www.slashfilm.com/steven-spie...easer-trailer/

Some amazing visuals.

The fact that Spielberg is directing and Edgar Wright is helping pen this and Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Daniel Craig are in it -- I've got some really high hopes for this.

I grew up with Tintin but it's been so long that I've forgotten most of the storylines, which means I can walk into this fairly fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
        The fact that Spielberg is directing and Edgar Wright is helping pen this and Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Daniel Craig are in it -- I've got some really high hopes for this.

I grew up with Tintin but it's been so long that I've forgotten most of the storylines, which means I can walk into this fairly fresh.
        Don't forget even Peter Jackson, the King Kong's creator. If many names are in it, then that means it'll be an epic adventure. Nowadays, the animation is better than the live action.

I also grew up with Tintin. I remember most of the parts, even Capn' Hancock's furious word attacks towards prof Turnessol.
        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Just watched the trailer - quietly optimistic, although Tintin looks a bit weird at the end.

I'm glad they've more or less kept the visual style and time period of the books, and not tried to mess with it so far (even though it's in 3d). Voices seem ok, and it's really great to see characters like Allan make fleeting appearances. Fingers crossed.
          Last edited by Maddieman; 05-17-2011, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I've never even heard of these books, but if they mean this much to some of yall, i need to check them out.
            I like to bring a little irony to a firefight-Resistance member from Half-Life 2

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Moridin View Post
              I've never even heard of these books, but if they mean this much to some of yall, i need to check them out.
              Everyone mean the Tintin comics. try finding them and read them.
              The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Working...
              X