Gta IV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gta IV

Rockstar games announced a partnership with the award-winning developer of 3D animation technology based on Dynamic Motion Synthesis (DMS). This means we should see these kinds of physics in gta 4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkCzs79r7Ks

This is exciting news, but so is this. Rockstar has started a countdown for gta 4's first trailer.
    http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/
    Last edited by jared14; 03-02-2007, 12:41 AM.
    "You know the world is going crazy when the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'"-Chris Rock gt: jared1409

GTA IV trailer countdown

When you go to the official site of Grand Theft Auto 4, Their is a timer of when the first trailer game will come out. It is believe that the 1st trailer will be released march 29. The timer is counting down, so see now!
    I am here for Alan Wake

Comment

Re: Pc, Xbox 360, or PS3?

OMFG ONE MONTH!

And the DMS stuff.... gawd dayum. I can't freakin' wait now. I wonder when/where GTA4 will be set.
      <insert cool digital image here>

Comment

Re: GTA IV trailer countdown

Ah, good ol' Euphoria. An excellent concept of blending model scripting and physics. This is where games should be heading rather than simply increasing polygon counts.
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Im not expecting to see real ingame footage in the first trailer, but i do hope that it will help reveal the setting, protagonist, or time period.
          "You know the world is going crazy when the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'"-Chris Rock gt: jared1409

Comment

Originally posted by jared14 View Post
            Im not expecting to see real ingame footage in the first trailer, but i do hope that it will help reveal the setting, protagonist, or time period.
            Rockstar has never used CGI at all in the games or in the trailers so I doubt they will break tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger_ View Post
              Rockstar has never used CGI at all in the games or in the trailers so I doubt they will break tradition.
              I didnt mean that it would probably be cgi, i just meant that there wont be any ingame gameplay footage. Maybe cutscenes that are running on the engine, though.

Comment

Oh I see. Yeah, most of their trailers are set up like theatrical trailers.

Comment

As many of you have probably heard, an email was sent out by R* reconfirming that the trailer would debu on march 29 6pm EST with "Things will be different" at the end. Looks like there will be some innovation in ways not expected. Possibly an MMO multiplayer option.... atleast this trailer in 5 days will definitely suprise us.

Comment

MMO would be too much IMO. Some kind of multiplayer freeroam would be cool (dreaming of a roadtrip with my friends around the whole state of San Andreas, singing), but not thousands of players with everyone shooting and cars exploding all around you.
                    "Things will be different" may just refer to the change of engine or setting. The GTA3 trilogy used up the three cities from the original GTA, so I could kinda expect GTA IV to be set in the huge gloomy future metropolis that was featured in GTA II or at least somewhere similar. Something between that and Carcer City would be good too :heh:
                    But hey, time will tell, just 4 days left.
                    Yes, you.

Comment

I get the feeling it'ill be set in Europe. No offence to you Europeans, that would be SO not cool. I was looking forward to a futuristic setting.

Comment

Judging by the the state of this morning’s tea leaves GTA 4 will take place in New York

3 days left

Comment

I've read alot of rumors about GTA4 set in New York City, however I would still want to have a large rural area to explore like in GTASA.

Mayby a New England setting between NYC, Boston and Toronto/Montreal would work nicely.
                          Last edited by guaps; 03-26-2007, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Well, theres no New York in GTA. The world is fictional. We've been to GTA's New York before. I think either they'ill do one GIGANTIC city, or an entire country, wich would be an extreme undertaking.

Comment

They could make an island in the shape of Great Britain with their version of London and maybe even some american cities too on there :heh:
                              Yes, you.

Comment

Working...
                              X