Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Spec Ops: The Line (Must See Trailer u wont believe) :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spec Ops: The Line (Must See Trailer u wont believe)

Screencaps from the "Journey" trailer:

The duality.

The sand and the past.

2K says this will be an emotional game.

Very emotional.

The red storm.

Of your own making.

White phosphorus falling from the sky.

The one that burns the flesh of the unlucky straight to the bone.

This stylization reminds me classical paintings.

Screens will play as your conscience.

::

I think this trailer is art by itself, especially when slowly reviewed frame by frame.

When multiple images keep shifting throughout a split second.

When all the symbols are unpacked.

Comment

We have a release date!

June 26 for United States and June 29 for the rest of the world!

...and she knows it.

This is the date when her brother is coming back home.

With a shield or upon it.

Comment

This is modern Renaissance. The suffering.

Reminds me Munch paintings very much.

Another scene from the Journey trailer.

Now this is the real Renaissance.

Where the desert screen in the game projects a glimpse of Leonardo da Vinci 15th century mural painting "The Last Supper" (1:03 in the trailer).

Something that I find very symbolic.

Subtle hints about the upcoming thematic beauty of the game.

I like to shock my friends and acquaintances by emphasizing these artistic insights and casually noticing that we are still talking about... a third-person modern military shooter

It all depends on interpretation...

Comment

A new trailer.

This is war. War is hell.

Pay attention to the split-second glimpses near the beginning!

What I'm waiting for...

- sandstorm gameplay (looks very promising)
          - hidden moral choices
          - the story

Comment

There is a new gameplay video on GT. Looks pretty-good.
            If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Seems interesting but for some reason I can't get excited for many games anymore (over-saturation?). Hopefully this will turn out good.

Comment

I find this gameplay demonstration useful.

The colors in particular.

It also explains a few things. Why this is different.

Comment

Originally posted by ancient View Post
                  I find this gameplay demonstration useful.

The colors in particular.

It also explains a few things. Why this is different.
                  looks good
                  PSN ID: sHELLsHOCK619

Comment

Excellent interview with the lead writer Walt Williams!

Read it. Probably the best so far in a written form.

Some thoughts:

War is not "Hollywood blockbuster big explosions I'm always the hero." War is a very traumatic thing for people on either side of a conflict.

It's interesting with games, because games view war different than we view war in our day-to-day lives. In the real world, whether or not you support a war, we have an understanding of the horrors that war can cause. And up to this point in video games, we have been very superficial in the way we treat it.

You see this art and graffiti in the world. This is their [refugees'] way of expressing the horror that they're in, of getting it out there.

Art is one of the most communicative things we can do as a species when we find ourselves entrapped. Everyone has their way of escaping, and it's a very real, emotionally true experience when you look and think about why all the characters are doing what they're doing.

We as people, we have our defense mechanisms. How do we get through the real dark times?

You've got the character the Radio Man who wasn't even a soldier. He was a civilian journalist embedded with the 33rd when all this shit went down and now he's trapped in the city with everyone else. He's built up this makeshift broadcast system which can help send orders to the 33rd, it can warn people of incoming sandstorms, but also he broadcasts music over these things, and for him playing a song over the speakers, pretending to be a DJ for a little bit, he can close his eyes and for two-and-a-half minutes think that everything is fine and escape just the shit that's around them.

It's interesting. It's an interesting, admittedly, a bit experimental in trying to do something like that, because it's hard to sell a game when you want people to be a little confused in the beginning about what exactly it is.

You don't just want to tell people, "Oh, it's just really messed up the whole way through. Buy it!" Because it's not the experience we want them to have. We want them to have an emotional journey. It's not just about making you feel bad, it's about making you think.

It's difficult that way.

Comment

The official website launched.

~ The Line ~

Squad and The Fall of Dubai sections are the best, I'd say.

The first one defines the psychological background behind all three main characters (Walker, Adams and Lugo). The second one is a visual pre-history of the events.

Comment

Xbox 360 and PS3 users can check the demo now!

Or watch it on Youtube.

Comment

Steam demo available on June 12.

The system requirements were also announced.

Comment

Steam page is up.

A few shots from the TV ad that intend to symbolize the transformation of the key character.

Spoiler:

Because of the horrors of the war and his own ambiguous decisions.

::

I love the carrousel motif (picture #2 and elsewhere in screenshots). Very symbolic. The squad. The unity.

The single-player story should last around 10 hours...

Free co-op mode to be released soon after the game's launch...

The game will also offer multiplayer (4 vs. 4) with various modes - for those who love multiplayer. Narratively it will be set as a prequel to the single-player.

Personally I'll buy it just for the story

Cross "The Line" in a mature story that explores the dark side of war, where there are no bright outcomes, only bad or worse choices.
                            I think this sentence sums up perfectly, what this game is about.

Comment

By the way, found an interesting interview with Nolan North - the actor who voiced The Line's protagonist Martin Walker.

The emphasis on "psychological" is crucial to me.

I think a lot of games get it wrong where the soldier is just a tough guy who can take anything. In this game, we see more of what the soldier's humanity is like and the difficult choices he has to make.

I've said this before, but I really like the way they delved into Captain Walker's psyche, more than anything. Sure, it's a shooter, it's a game and it's fun, but then there are choices that the player makes along the way for Captain Walker and it's those decisions that severely impact his psyche over the course of the game.

It's without a doubt one of the most psychologically mind-bending games I've ever been involved in.

You're walking in his mind. You feel for the character. The game hits at an emotional level that very few shooters will reach.

Comment

A brilliant interview with Walt Williams, the lead writer.

If you want to know the purpose, the very intellectual and emotional, of this game without getting spoilt, here we go.

War is a survival horror.

Who we think we are vs. who we actually are?

Exploring ourselves and becoming more emphatic towards other people.

The purpose of this game - to make you feel & think.

To bring the emotion back into this genre.

I looked at the glimpse of Chapter 12 that was showcased at E3... and it is good.

Cohesive, story-driven and emotional.

Comment

Working...
                                X