Gaming news

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gaming news

Hahaha "F3AR". When I see stupid titles like that, I always read them appropriately. "FUTHREEAR".
    NEVER FORGET
    Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
    5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

I read it as FHAR like Kahr. Dunno why.

I wish this obsession with sequel numbers would die off. It always looks dumbed down and unimaginative. Think of a proper, creative title that includes the brand name in it, like "The Fall of Max Payne".

Comment

Why can't they just make Blood 3! I would a much happier Monolith fan if they did.
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
          Are there any screenshots or videos yet? What happened to that open-world survival one set on an island? Was that idea scraped?
          Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
          http://kotaku.com/5486974/first-lara...tails/gallery/

check them out, it is going to be a cooperative game also
          Ah, hmm... this looks more like a spin off game, than a true sequel.
          This isn't Tomb Raider at all. It's more like Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn spin-off. Literally, they ****ed it up.

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
          In other news... MW2 devs getting screwed out of their royalties as well (not just Vince and Jason), so they have to sit at their desks and wait to get their royalties (hence that they didn't all just leave after V+J got fired)...

Activision suck balls. Never buying a game from them, ever. I hope IW reforms under a new publisher/self-publisher arrangement.

None it sounds legal to me. In Australia you get royalties (if royalties are in your contract, which they are for all IW employees) for your work even if you quit the day you complete some work. They just pay you at the next quarter even though you've moved onto another job or whatever.
          If they had to stop releasing Call of Duty, those guys wouldn't be fired at all. That's what happens, when you release boring commercial games.

^There's another thread for that story.

Meanwhile... Nintendo announce the 3DS (working title) -- a portable games system to succeed the DS, which claims to display true 3d images without the need for special glasses. Hopefully it doesn't require you to cross your eyes either.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...ble_System.php
          3DS huh? sounds crazy, I can't wait for E3
          I have the original DS. If they don't support GB, GBA, DS and older console games, they'll be dubbed as a failure as a company like that.

F3AR has been revealed ... yes it is F.E.A.R 3 but called F3AR

http://kotaku.com/5500488/f3ar-theyr...alling-it-that

After finishing the second game I can't imagine what the hell is going to be F3AR about. FEAR 2 sucks BTW
          Haven't played Fear 2 yet. I played Fear 1 and liked it very much. Lots of ghosts in your way to prevent this conflict with the biochemical bomb.

Originally posted by Morry View Post
          Why can't they just make Blood 3! I would a much happier Monolith fan if they did.
          Blood 3 ? You mean Blood Rayne ?
          The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

No he means this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_(video_game)

One of those games I should really seek out one day (er, and the sequel).

Nintendo are saying the 3DS is backwards compatible, but I don't know how far.

Comment

3DS will work with DS and DSi games, I don't think it will work with GBA games.

How many portable consoles Nintendo is going to make? haha now there are DS, DS Lite, DSi, DS XL, 3DS.
              Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
              Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

No he means this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_(video_game)

One of those games I should really seek out one day (er, and the sequel).
                Same here. The first one has the graphic design of Doom 1. The 2nd has improved and reminds me of Half Life 1.

I want those games ! I hope, if they release the 3rd, to make it a collection pack !
                The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Omg i so much want the perfect dark updated version on xbox live arcade.
                  Has anyone here tried it?
                  I'm back.

Comment

Originally posted by SUDDENJONATAN View Post
                    Omg i so much want the perfect dark updated version on xbox live arcade.
                    Has anyone here tried it?
                    Some Greek peeps here tried it. They said that it's nothing special. just remake to upgrade the graphic designs. They made it being HD.

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                      Blood 3 ? You mean Blood Rayne ?
                      You just insulted one of the coolest FPS games of all time!

To describe Blood, it's like having Duke Nukem 3D set in a horror movie. There's one-liners, pop culture references and some awesome weapons.
                      Or to think of it another way, take Duke and replace him with Ash from Evil Dead and that's going in the right direction.
                      Remedy's currently known projects:
                      Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

To describe Blood, it's like having Duke Nukem 3D set in a horror movie. There's one-liners, pop culture references and some awesome weapons.
                        Or to think of it another way, take Duke and replace him with Ash from Evil Dead and that's going in the right direction.
                        Don't mean to insult it. I haven't played this game at all... I hope they re-make them and make them in collection pack so I can play them at ease. I have played Duke Nukem 3D. Pity that 3D Realms' closed...

Comment

I only ever played the second one. I loved Caleb's one-liners.

It's a shame I never played the first one though.
                          "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...article?page=1

PrimeSense, headed up by company founder and president Avaid Maizels, believes that while technology has improved massively, accessibility to everything that it offers is held back by the limitations in the user interface - and that applies to everything from the games we play to the HD displays we play them on.

"The more complicated the game, the more story involved, the more opportunities you have, the more situations you have, the less gamers are actually playing because it's getting more and more complicated. You're not using all the features in the game," Maizels tells Digital Foundry the day after the joint announcement with Microsoft.

I have bad feeling about this. Its good that more people are playing game, i gues. I just hope that game companies are not completely forgotting nerdy gamers who want more complicated games where you have to use your brains.
                            My option is that if you have trouble learning to play something simple as xbox/ps/pc it would probably be best for you to go in retirement home.

Comment

Spiderman shattered dimensions was announced on March 31st.

Comment

Wow, Red Steel 2 got solid reviews. Might investigate it.

"Forget Red Steel," he says. "The first one, that is. It was a heavily hyped mess rushed out for Wii's 2006 launch, one that failed to deliver on all its promises (precise aiming, intuitive swordplay, competitive graphics). Its deficiencies put the first of many dark clouds over Wii's third party offerings, making the prospect of a Red Steel 2 less than enticing.

"But that's exactly why you should forget the first, as this completely overhauled sequel is easily the best FPS on Wii and a wonderfully shocking example of how damn good a Wii-exclusive shooter can be."
                                http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...ed_Steel_2.php

Comment

Working...
                                X