Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Silent Hill: Downpour

Originally posted by Danzaiver
    Well, I'm no expert but I think the moon sometimes is closer to the Earth depending of it's orbit.

Last week the moon was HUGE and yellow, today it is small and white, beautiful.
    I'm no expert either
    But I remember something, about the earth atmosphere working like a magnifier. In certain planetary position (Earth, Sun, Moon). So that the moon looks freakishly large.
    I don't know much about lenses so I'm not sure
    I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

This game is looking good, but I want it to be great when it hits - about a month from now

Alan Wake is helping to pass the time until I get my hands on this one
      Looking forward to more Alan Wake

Comment

Wow, didn't know this was coming out next month. I'll probably just rent it from red box though.

Comment

So, anybody got the game? The reviews are pretty disappointing...
          Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
          Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

And those videos posted on GameTrailers are too. Looks like something made by 2 amateurs if you ask me...
            If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

The combat in the game is terribly designed... The enemy designs range from terrible to barely decent, with a couple of exceptions.

However, this may end up being one of my favorite titles in the series. The otherworld sequences are just, oustanding. The story is actually pretty well done and avoids being as derivative as the past three games.

Comment

Originally posted by Yog-Sothoth View Post
                The combat in the game is terribly designed... The enemy designs range from terrible to barely decent, with a couple of exceptions.

However, this may end up being one of my favorite titles in the series. The otherworld sequences are just, oustanding. The story is actually pretty well done and avoids being as derivative as the past three games.
                Must play it but will wait for the price drop, at least $20.00 USD
                Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

the games is great. i think a must buy for any silent hill fan
                  Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

This SH was boring, for me Alan Wake is a way better product no questions about here.
                    AMD FX-8120 @4.1ghz, Asus M5A97PRO, Cooler Master M620, 2x4Gb @1600MHz Kingston CL9, GF Palit 560gtx Ti 1gb, WD 640Gb CB 7200 64Mb SATA3

Comment

Alan Wake is definitely higher quality, from a tech angle. But Downpour is just as well written and has a lot of artistic quality. It's a great game, content wise. It just has a few tech issues like sloppy combat and stuttering here and there.

Comment

GameTrailers posted their video review. I mainly trust these guys (except for their COD reviews) and their conclusion is not good at all. The game sucks...badly.
                        If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

I usually like GT's reviews too... But whoever wrote this one really spreads a lot of misinformation.

They claim the radio makes no appearance in the game... It definitely does. He says the game's focused too much on combat... But you can outrun every enemy, just as you could in the first three.

The game isn't perfect, but it's nowhere near as bad as that review claims.

Comment

I can note I've really enjoyed this game as well. It's not perfect, but it's the first horror game of this generation that feels like a modern old-school horror game. Also I don't know where this action-focus comment is coming from, there's very few enemies, you can go through the whole game without killing a single enemy, and the game focuses much more on exploration, atmosphere, and puzzles.

Has my recommendation though not for everyone. Some technical issues and slower paced.
                            Sometimes the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Hmmm, might try it out then. Demo would help, but I presume it won't be done.

Comment

Working...
                              X