Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Death Rally

Old 12-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #41
Raffaello
Re: Death Rally top scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffaello View Post
Now try with Doomfrost's mod! I think you'll be able to finish it in less than 54 races!
Anyone? Come on! I think my Doomfrost's mod record can be beaten... I am pretty sure it can't be beaten in 12 races... Lol
Last edited by Raffaello; 12-24-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Raffaello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:36 AM   #42
TrueTom

I eager to try!

Some time after new year tho But I also suppose it takes a while to get use to the new stuff in the mod.
TrueTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:00 AM   #43
TrueTom

Wow! This really is nightmare mode!
This is really hard and a real challenge! Just downloaded and done some races to try it out and its really fun!

I get errors sometimes tho, shutting DR.exe off, but I can live with it. Its really annoying with the new paths they take! I cant hit a single mine! I have to relearn everything! And especially if they do have infinitive turbo, cuz they only use turbo on special triggers, and now, you better watch out for those triggers or they are gone!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #44
TrueTom

Took a while to learn how to adjust the racing, but the most annoying thing was Death Rally shutting down after every third or fifth race... Dont know how many times when I finally had won a hard race I had to redo it. Am I the only one getting the error?

Anyhow, i got above 107 points in 21 races, so I know it can be beated in 22 with some saving/reloading and prob better then that.

My tactic was that I trusted Raffaellos word when he said that hard race cant be won. So I got a fully upgraded Sentinel and raced on medium for a good while earning only 5 points, but saving money so I could buy the deliverator straight from sentinel. Medium race with fully upgraded sentinel isn't that hard since Wraiths aint in yet, and mines/sabotage is cheap aswell as repairs. Getting the deliverator didn't assure wins in hard tho, its true, its REALLY tricky to win with it... Luckely i dont think opponents armor are fully upgraded.

So here is 27 races, and I know that can be beat too!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #45
Raffaello

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTom View Post
Took a while to learn how to adjust the racing, but the most annoying thing was Death Rally shutting down after every third or fifth race... Dont know how many times when I finally had won a hard race I had to redo it. Am I the only one getting the error?

Anyhow, i got above 107 points in 21 races, so I know it can be beated in 22 with some saving/reloading and prob better then that.

My tactic was that I trusted Raffaellos word when he said that hard race cant be won. So I got a fully upgraded Sentinel and raced on medium for a good while earning only 5 points, but saving money so I could buy the deliverator straight from sentinel. Medium race with fully upgraded sentinel isn't that hard since Wraiths aint in yet, and mines/sabotage is cheap aswell as repairs. Getting the deliverator didn't assure wins in hard tho, its true, its REALLY tricky to win with it... Luckely i dont think opponents armor are fully upgraded.

So here is 27 races, and I know that can be beat too!
Well done! I never got any error with that mod anyway... Have you played with the Windows version? 'Cause it doesn't work properly with it...
Talking about opponents' armor, the author said they were fully upgraded too. Maybe he was wrong.

Link for downloading DoomFrost's DR mod: http://slil.ru/28233680/4065b870.4b335888/DR.SG3

Death Rally Online Group: http://cid-0009df616233b826.groups.live.com
Old 01-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #46
TrueTom

I think i did play the windows version. Thats prob why then.
I'm gonna do some "testing" on the armor part. Im not certain its not fully upgraded.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #47
Anders

Just completed it in 17 races on medium!

IT TOOK FOREVER!

Funny, as a n00b I had a goal of less then 100
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #48
Anders

I just completed the game in 15 races on the easy setting
Old 05-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #49
Raffaello

Well that's good but download Doomfrost's mod and try it... Its link is just above here in my signature

Link for downloading DoomFrost's DR mod: http://slil.ru/28233680/4065b870.4b335888/DR.SG3

Death Rally Online Group: http://cid-0009df616233b826.groups.live.com
Old 05-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #50
Anders

I tried it a few times but I cannot get it to work on the Windows port
Old 06-03-2010, 06:24 AM   #51
heeman

Beat this

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2302/ahitienen.jpg

all ur top scores can be fake... so they r nothing

btw... heeman is real ^^
Last edited by Morry; 06-05-2010 at 07:42 AM.
heeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #52
TrueTom

Heeman, Was that with Doomfrost's Mod? Really nice result if it was! Gz!

If it wasn't; its beaten: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkLnm_95m7k
Old 06-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #53
MrDeathRally

Yo does anyone have an upload link to Doomfrosts mod?

I'm a bigtime death rally freak and Im itching to play this super mod now that I've seen videos!

Hopefully someone can ready a link soon! Thanks!
MrDeathRally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #54
TrueTom

Here is doomfrost mod.

http://slil.ru/28233680/fc7fa70.4c33c8f8/DR.SG3
Old 07-19-2010, 01:19 PM   #55
erdomester

What's the point in breaking records by reloading every time u suck out?
My record is:
17 or 18 races in easy (with 1 reload)
49 races in hard (with 2 reloads - my brother did it in 34 races)

Strategy:
easy: simple. By only the shrieker then the deliverator, win every race with 0%, trying to kill all
hard: by dervish, shrieker then deliverator, try to play as many medium races and as possible and finish 3rd with less than 3% dmg.

I don't buy any extra stuff until i get the deliverator. I guess it's time to give it a try.
erdomester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:34 PM   #56
Alenoguerol

it is possible to win all races of highest dificulty with a vagabond and you dont need to kill all of em but you can if you want
as you know. almost every track has some spots where you can push oponents and they get stuck and they do draft in circles all the time
i tryed to do that with a vagabond driving in the wrong way and pushing deliverators
i take a lot of damage but for that i take every wrench i found
after doing that with some luck and skills you got all oponents trapped somewhere (mines helps to do that job too sometimes, nitro + spikes makes a good attack if you wanna kill some or all of em if they are run out of ammo
or you can chose to race all laps without any rush picking ammo, repairs and going back to kill em or continue the race
either way you win
i have done that several times when i started a new game to make big bucks faster but if you practice enough im sure someone could do that 12 times, (you get a new car every race because of the win race cash + 3 kills bonus, you can also get some sponsor extra if you collect enough wrenches while you race with all enemies trapped and in the last lap you go and kill em with you having 100% of hp
there you got like 12000$ more or less if i remember
with all that money per race it becames easier each time because of the new cars and buying armor upgrades

that's a way of cheating without being actually using any kind of trainer or god mode cheat
Alenoguerol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #57
Brian_ch

These records are amazing! My record is only 43 in I live to ride (and I reload some times),
I will try again with the strategies posted in this topic... :-)

And someone here have tried to play death rally with a wheel? It's really difficult.

Sorry by my English, I'm Brazilian.
Brian_ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:12 AM   #58
Anders

just so y'all know, I never saved or reloaded any race while setting my records.
They wouldn't mean anything to me if I did. I did, however, restart my career a bunch of times
Old 04-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #59
Niar

Well hello, I used to play DR veeeery long time ago.. and it really is a incredibly fun game.

Found your deathfrost mod.. so I tried beating scores, managed to get 2 lower than Tom

If anyone wondering I guess this is about how I did, first race I took easy and destroyed everything, second race I took medium and destroyed everything.

Then I bought the Dervish with 1 engine (upgraded to 2 when money), and beat medium tracks with destroying everything.

Kept doing medium until I could afford non-upgraded Deliverator with rocket fuel (dont think i managed to beat hard without rocket fuel and non-upgraded engine, at least not with standard load rates )

Don't know if its normal but I think I didn't get a single "get the pills or destroy x" message during whole game for some funny reason, so seemed to take forever to get the deliverator.

So 25 races it is.. anyone up to beat it?

http://img607.imageshack.us/i/niar2.jpg/
Last edited by Niar; 04-28-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Niar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #60
ReNsil

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavomir View Post
i've just managed to score 94 races on I Live To Ride difficulty. anyone else wants to share his/her score?
well, I would like to share my score board
ReNsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #61
MarkusRMD

Remedy

Rensil - you have won $137k total and have $454k, how's that?
MarkusRMD is offline   Reply With Quote