Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > General > Other Gaming

Old 02-22-2011, 01:58 AM   #161
Taken634

Re: Halo: Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzaiver View Post
Yep, the multiplayer is the fun par of Halo, the maps and the powers are awesome.
I'll admit, the power-ups are cool, but some of them are cheap. Overall, the Halo multiplayer formula has always worked, the community is solid (minus the six-year old trolls), and it always brings thrills.

Forge World is amazing, and brings a Garry's Mod-like fun to the game. Theater mode is great too, I love taking clips of gameplay and funny moments.

Overall, I'd give Halo Reach an 7/10.

Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Taken634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #162
Explorer

New weekly challenge is just too hard ( ONI:LASO = Oni: Legendary All Skulls ON = Mythic Difficulty ). I tried it 2 times but it's just too damn annoying.
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #163
Not The Writer

Have fun on the newest weekly challenge if you didn't like the last, Explorer. It's Nightfall: LASO. It's simple if you know the run-through, though.
Not The Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:24 AM   #164
QuantumWake

Bright Blue Balls of Fury

LOL! This is why I play Halo. I want to play that NOW!

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
-Tyler Durden
QuantumWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #165
3APA3HO

Reminds me of Q2/Q3 instagib deathmatches

If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...
3APA3HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #166
Not The Writer

Well, Bungie did something really neat recently and gave members of the community a chance to dawn the blue flaming helmet! If you have an iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone, you can download their recently developed app, dawn the blue flame helmet and All-Star nameplate. What's better is that you can choose 7 of your friends (by entering their gamertag in the app) to give a Bungie All-Star nameplate to as well.

Fortunately I've got an iPhone and have been rocking the blue flames since last night! It's hilarious because anyone who doesn't go on the Bungie forums won't know about this chance and therefore automatically think you're a Bungie employee. I've received 2 party invites, 1 friend request and 3 messages asking how I got the blue flames.

Anyone else been playing Reach lately?

I rarely reply to topics.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:04 AM   #167
QuantumWake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The Writer View Post
Well, Bungie did something really neat recently and gave members of the community a chance to dawn the blue flaming helmet! If you have an iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone, you can download their recently developed app, dawn the blue flame helmet and All-Star nameplate. What's better is that you can choose 7 of your friends (by entering their gamertag in the app) to give a Bungie All-Star nameplate to as well.

Fortunately I've got an iPhone and have been rocking the blue flames since last night! It's hilarious because anyone who doesn't go on the Bungie forums won't know about this chance and therefore automatically think you're a Bungie employee. I've received 2 party invites, 1 friend request and 3 messages asking how I got the blue flames.

Anyone else been playing Reach lately?
Damn.. My bro just walked out with my ipod touch! >.<

Well when he gets back, I'll be sure to download this and claim my blue flaming helmet . I've been playing a bit of Halo: Reach here and there. I'm currently at like 600,000 credits at a Colonel Grade 2. But since I started playing GRAW 2, I've held off Reach quite a bit.

Giggity.

-Tyler Durden
Old 06-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #168
Zhinarkos

Volunteer Moderator

I have recently been playing the single player campaign through, 'cause I never got to play it with all the other stuff I had going on.

Multiplayer is the highlight of the game, for sure, but single player doesn't fall much short either. Best single player campaign in Halo imo.

Just proves Bungie's skills once again. I find it inconceivable just how far Halo has pushed the gameplay dynamics. I still haven't managed to find a game that comes close to Halo's combat. It is so dynamic and doesn't feel staged or bound, every enemy is in a world of it's own schemes and skills.

Pure excellence.

We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be
Zhinarkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:33 AM   #169
Not The Writer

You're so right, Zhinarkos. Your note about the enemies being in their own world is especially true for Legendary difficulty. The enemy will stop at nothing to avoid being killed.

I suppose you're just very correct when you say it doesn't feel "staged". That's a good way to put it.

I rarely reply to topics.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #170
Zhinarkos

Volunteer Moderator

Of course, we all know that such thing as true random factor is not possible to code into a program, at least not yet. But the fact is that Halo Reach has unique way of making the barometers of AI and other gameplay factors flexible enough to create versatile situations without the feel of it all being before set.

I really have to try legendary firefight after I've finished my campaign

I'll see my ass kicked then...

We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be
Last edited by Zhinarkos; 06-17-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Zhinarkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #171
QuantumWake

Halo: Reach on Legendary.... -__________- It was really a frustrating experience. lol

But yeah, I agree about Reach not being so "staged". Because what makes Reach stand out as an FPS is that is has a very open/sandbox type world to it. It doesn't feel like a linear FPS game. Not only that, but the AI is really challenging. AI is where Bungie really shines imo. And to help you get a sense of Bungie's amazing AI, here are some designers and engineers talking to Digital Foundry:

(Because of the great length of this post, I'll be putting this in a spoiler tag)

Spoiler:

-Tyler Durden
Old 06-17-2011, 09:47 PM   #172
Hey You

Anybody who plays Team Objective,Invasion or Flagstravaganza regularly, send me a friend request : Heyy Youu
Hey You is offline   Reply With Quote