Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > General > Other Gaming

Old 05-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #241
Galactus

Re: L. A. Noire

This was awesome game! I beated this today and I can say that this the game of the year. One of the best games I've played.

10/10
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:51 PM   #242
JTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
This was awesome game! I beated this today and I can say that this the game of the year. One of the best games I've played.

10/10
Hear, Hear
JTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:55 PM   #243
Killie Lad

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/86...tails-revealed

naked city is a good case probably one of the best in the game, cant comment on slip of the tongue...Someone?
Killie Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #244
Taken634

7/10. The story had a amazing first, second, and third act but completely flopped on the fourth. By all means, this is Rockstar's most subtle and well-handled work so far, but they still need to work on their stories. Gunplay wasn't anything special, I liked the interrogations though. By the way, why is there sandbox in this game? There's no point for it.

Cole Phelps is one of the more interesting of Rockstar's protagonists I will admit. He's no Niko Bellic, but he beats most adventure games heroes. His story is very interesting, even when the overall story of the game fails. I just wish the ending hadn't been so rushed and needless. Kelso is a joke of a character by the way.

But..if there is one thing this game needs to be looked at for, it's the facial animation. It's amazing. It really does help immersion.

There really just isn't much to this whole experience. Although it did give me inspiration for an idea I already had, so it wasn't all wasted. Soon, I will be turning it back in.

Not the best game of the year, although a lot of sell-outs at Gameinformer or IGN will give this Game of the Year simply because they spent so much time hyping it up.

Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Last edited by Taken634; 06-08-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Taken634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:35 AM   #245
Danzaiver

IMO Best game ever... I loved it... the final case was PURE WIN
100 of 100

Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense
Danzaiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #246
WakeLestat360

Shit.

Just.Shit!

I've finished the First Act and i'm selling this for 5 dollars. Who wants, who wants? Only brazillian customers....

It's repetitive, it has a confuse storyline, mixing 3 characters different in a strange and wrong way...

Just garbage. But the facial expressions.... amazing!

40 of 100

Chelsea Football Club - CFC' GO BLUES!
WakeLestat360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #247
Harry Lime

I liked it a lot, almost loved it, if it were not for the whole thing with lie questions. And then Jack Kelso happened.

"Do you know what your sin is?"
"Oh hell, I'm a fan of all seven."
Harry Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #248
Taken634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I liked it a lot, almost loved it, if it were not for the whole thing with lie questions. And then Jack Kelso happened.
Strange, I hated Kelso at first, but then learned to love him. He actually fits very well into the story, and helps Phelp's character. But I'll admit, his one-liners are cheesy and he can be a bit one-dimensional.

Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Taken634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #249
Fabregasgunner

I liked it aswel- got really into it and is different and it's great they didn't go make a gta clone. I do admit it does get abit repetitive I'm on the 17th mission and I'm forcing myself to complete the rest. Though the game looks amazing, facial animations best around and the story can be captivating when it wants to be- very intelligent game and a long singleplayer so I'm happy. Would have been easy for rocketed to through out another gta but this shows guts n a great ability for new idea's for the developer

How can I miss you? If you never go away....
Fabregasgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #250
Fabregasgunner

Correction- Rockstar* damn iPhone writes what it wants sometimes

How can I miss you? If you never go away....
Fabregasgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #251
Maddieman

Hundreds left off LA Noire credits

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-noire-credits

http://www.lanoirecredits.com/
Maddieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #252
JTX

Rockstar announced today that L.A. Noire is coming to pc this fall!
JTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #253
yogibbear

ZOMG YES NOW I GET TO EXPERIENCE IT.

Now bring RDR to PC R*. Come on!

Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!
yogibbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:41 AM   #254
Danzaiver

WOW that is really good! It's cool to know that some devs still love PC gaming...

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense
Old 06-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #255
Mera Benzema

I'm Really Happy that PC Gamers Can Play This Masterpiece Too.
I'm Still Playing It & It's The Most Cinematic Game I've Ever Played. It's Really Awesome & I Never Get Tired of It. Can't Wait To Play It.
Mera Benzema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #256
HadiVilla

just finished the game. it was awesome. now, I'm going to complete the game.
HadiVilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #257
Galactus

L.A. Noire Developer Closes Its Doors:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1191989p1.html

Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #258
QuantumWake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
L.A. Noire Developer Closes Its Doors:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1191989p1.html

Damn, just like that? Feels like this studio just came and went in a hurry.

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
-Tyler Durden
QuantumWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #259
Morry

Volunteer Moderator

They've been around for a while. You could almost think of the game as Australia's Duke Nukem Forever - for years people were talking about this studio down in Sydney that were making an "industry changing" game.
Frankly, I'm surprised they managed to release the game, given that they were a small developer with overseas support. Many other Australia developers like Pandemic didn't last through the GFC.

Remedy's currently known projects:
Quantum Break - no date announced
Agents of Storm - early 2014
Morry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #260
3APA3HO

Maybe a stupid question, but does Rockstar Pass give you a chance to download each additional case for free? I bought it quite a while ago, but still haven't managed to get to the game - have too many other games to play

If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...
3APA3HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #261
Harry Lime

So... what does this say about the possibility of a new release containing the dummied out cases?

"Do you know what your sin is?"
"Oh hell, I'm a fan of all seven."
Harry Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #262
M.O.T.H.

This sucks because I was really looking foward to them making a sequel. That said, Rockstar owns the I.P. and it sold very well, so perhaps they'll take the reigns in the future.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #263
jester131

I almost bought the game when it was released for consoles but I'm glad I didn't since they have announced it for PC.

Here are the reasons why:
  1. The PC version has all DLCs, extra missions, goodies, etc. included. That's a huge plus!!!
  2. Resolution of 1920x1080 + Anti Aliasing + Anisotropic Filter = a typical "Consoles vs. PC" argument. It's a classic!
  3. It's supposed to get high-resolution Textures, but I'm not 100% sure about that
  4. Unfortunately the Mouse+Keyboard controlls are horrible. That doesn't really bother me though since I've got a Xbox Gamepad for PC and the Gamepad controlls are excellent.
  5. I hope for some mods and tweaks from the community
  6. I've got a 360 at home but I buy only console exclusive titles for it like Alan Wake or RDR. For a while LA Noire was console exclusive as well, I'm glad they've changed that

If you like the actor JAMES McCAFFREY you NEED to watch my James McCaffrey COLLECTION
jester131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #264
Danzaiver

OK guys, LA NOIRE is just $ 19.99 USD at Amazon

Really cool game, you guys should buy it!

Old 11-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #265
MikkiRMD

Remedy

That's a great deal.
MikkiRMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #266
Dennis

Is that game really so repetitive?
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #267
3APA3HO

That's probably because Rockstar announced The Complete Edition (will be released in December as far as I remember). Great deal anyway.

If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...
3APA3HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:27 PM   #268
ancient

Daily deal on Steam - L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition for 12,49 euros!

For those who are interested to become a detective

Idéaliser
ancient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #269
yogibbear

Blargh... it's $22 USD for aussies.... (I hate regional price fixing on steam by some publishers)

Oh well still a steal and I'll probably pick it up.

Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!
yogibbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #270
chezza

we have this game..its very cleverly done i gotta admit...but too quiet for me. and feels slow paced..i much prefer the G.T.As..
chezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #271
thebestbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Is that game really so repetitive?

Yes. Its also actually rather light on actual gameplay and more like a bunch of mini games.

Its not terrible by any means but it could have been so much better.
thebestbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #272
chezza

yeah your right..like mini games.. slow mini games..ha! i suppose its just not lively enough...i could drop off to sleep playing that..
Old 02-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #273
Morry

Volunteer Moderator

Picked it up the other week. So far, it has been quite enjoyable. I really like the gameplay style, and I hope this template is used more often for detective-style games. To me, its a good example of what a new-age adventure game should be like.

Remedy's currently known projects:
Quantum Break - no date announced
Agents of Storm - early 2014
Morry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #274
chezza

hi.. can anyone advise me on this..on la noire, not all the missions are on there..why is this? do i have to complete every other mission to open new ones?
Old 02-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #275
thebestbit

Yes you cant just play the mission you want until after you finish. Once you complete a case file you can replay those cases when you want.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #276
djshauny1

Have the game on Steam

It just doesnt pull me in at all

Maybe ill have to give it another try
djshauny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #277
thebestbit

Homicide was the best part but that part of the story bugged me, Arson is ok but only 2 cases[3 if you buy the DLC] Patrol was a waste as its just used for training rather than letter you actually patrol the streets and Vice sucked due to the partner.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #278
edcar007

I am still waiting for L.A. Noire:Undead Nightmare DLC.
That would be awesome!

''Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there’s little fun to be had in explanations; they’re antithetical to the poetry of fear...''
-Stephen King
edcar007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #279
ZeroSum

I love love love L.A Noire but i think that's mostly just because i love Noir in general..just as i do with Max Payne and all those old Humphrey Bogart movies and especially the neos like Sin City or L.A. Confidential.

I find given that it was Published by Rockstar a lot of the GTA fan boys expected exactly that (GTA) from the game, sure you couldn't whip out your gun whenever you wanted to or cause havoc but you're a cop! the idea is you are supposed to uphold the law and that means not doing stupid $#!7 like running rampant and killing the innocents.

As a whole the game probably felt more like an interactive movie sure but i think it's worth it alone just for the attention to detail and the emulation of L.A. in the 1940s, oh and the soundtrack, you gotta love the soundtrack... smooth sultry jazz pieces putting you in that mindset of a detective hard at work burning the midnight oil, trying to "get to the bottom of it". Some people may get bored of the pacing of style of the story but if you really love your Noir give this game a playthrough. It's even worth it just to free roam after you've completed all the cases, just admire of the beauty of everything... feels like a time machine connecting with the past.
ZeroSum is offline   Reply With Quote