Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Alan Wake

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #1281
khawaja007
Re: No PC version of Alan Wake! Thread V3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror Peak View Post
If a company making a game I like suddenly switched consoles, I wouldn't care. They're a business doing what they need to do, our business relationship is over and clinging to it wont solve anything. But even if I did care, there's still no excuse for being mean to them. If anything, that'd just drive people away. And really, it's only a videogame. It's not worth being mad over.
Well, PC is not a console. Switching between consoles is one thing and switching between a PC and a Console totally another. Their business flows because people buy their products and that they've got a great fanbase. If their treatment for their Past and Future customers is like this then what would be their customer's attitude ?

Same as the rest of world. You give respect and we give it back to you.
Last edited by khawaja007; 12-12-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #1282
Mirror Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khawaja007 View Post
Well, PC is not a console. Switching between consoles is one thing and switching between a PC and a Console totally another. Their business flows because people buy their products and that they've got a great fanbase. If their treatment for their Past and Future customers is like this then what would be their customer's attitude ?

Same as the rest of world. You give respect and we give it back to you.
Okay, if game switched from Xbox exclusive to PC exclusive instead of say Xbox exclusive to PS3 exclusive, it still wouldn't matter to me because I wouldn't be playing that game. I don't find videogames all that crucial to my survival or thriving, so not being able to play one doesn't amount to abuse in my mind, and I wouldn't hold anything against the developer or publisher for changing their focus. But if I did let if affect me that much, all I'm saying is I'd try to handle it in the nicest way possible because people would be more inclined to listen to me then.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #1283
yogibbear

People that actually could make the decision and press the big red button to kickstart a PC port or PC release or what-have-you don't care about whether their customers are butthurt c-bomb dropping douchebags or if they are baby jesus reincarnate. They just care if there's enough of them and if it will be profitable or not.

Basically even if there were 100 of us on here being civilised and continuing to post why we think a PC version would be worthwhile we couldn't change their minds. It's just not enough to justify it. No matter what we do we won't change their minds and that's it.

It is that exact powerlessness that causes people to act out in ways that are obviously not how they would react in real life if you walked up to them on the street and had the same conversation about whether or not they were annoyed with RMD about not having a PC version available.

It doesn't matter what I post, or how I word it, I am not in the position or have the information at hand and never will to prove, justify, or show any economical argument for why a PC version should have or should be released ever. I don't work in the games industry, I don't have access to the info that RMD and MS do in relation to piracy, 2nd hand sales, the PC market vs. the console markets and porting costs. I wish I did. I truly wish I did so that I could take my rose-tinted glasses off and see it the way they do. I can't for the life of me figure out how successful franchises that sold well on the PC in a previous RMD life cannot be enough evidence to justify that there are sales out there. Maybe it's not enough and maybe the perks of staying a console exclusive outweighed the extra development efforts and time. That is good enough for me.

Whenever RMD move on to the next game, whether it be Alan Wake or not, I'll still stick around in the hopes of that game being released on the PC platform as I did buy Alan Wake and borrow a mate's 360 to play through it, but the entire time I couldn't help but wonder what was wrong with it. It was the perfect type of game to release on PC. Couches be damned. I have a PC hooked up to my blueray hometheater and another one in my office both capable of playing 2011's full range of games.

Okay I'm waffling now. Too much red wine.

Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!
Old 12-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #1284
khawaja007

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibbear View Post
Basically even if there were 100 of us on here being civilised and continuing to post why we think a PC version would be worthwhile we couldn't change their minds. It's just not enough to justify it. No matter what we do we won't change their minds and that's it.

It is that exact powerlessness that causes people to act out in ways that are obviously not how they would react in real life if you walked up to them on the street and had the same conversation about whether or not they were annoyed with RMD about not having a PC version available.
Exactly.

Well there is Windows 8 of course. You know, the in-built 360 game functionality maybe i'll give it a try
Old 12-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #1285
Ke1N

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/12...a-possibility/
So to be hyped or not to be hyped :?
Old 12-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #1286
teraMEL0S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke1N View Post
Ha, I just saw this on Neogaf. I hope it's true, so that people can experience it and quit bitching at Remedy.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #1287
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teraMEL0S View Post
Ha, I just saw this on Neogaf. I hope it's true, so that people can experience it and quit bitching at Remedy.
People are only bitching because they want to give Remedy their money for the PC version & its more because of MS comments like Alan Wake is suited to couch gaming MS never apparently got the memo that a lot of PC gamers have their machines hooked up to HDTV's nowadays so can couch away all day
Old 12-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #1288
khawaja007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke1N View Post
Well, it kinda looks like its finally coming. OpenSteamWorks-AlanWake .

Now, i know Remedy's not speaking but i know that it is coming, so Remedy dont expect alot of sales this time around because of what you and M$ partially did to us back then and also the fact that its been been nearly 2 years since the launch of the 360 ver. Just wanted to say so that M$ and maybe you dont start again bitching about PC Piracy and all that shit. This release may have restored some of the Respect from the PC community but dont expect to anything to change after all that Horrible things that happened in the past. You were once a PC great but never again in this lifetime.
Last edited by khawaja007; 12-13-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #1289
TannosukeGR

@khawaja007, please, don't blame RMD, because it wasn't their decision for the publicity. It was M$'s decision. To not say anything, means, IMO, that they're having a commission between them discussing about it. They didn't abandon it, and I believe in them. M$ did abandon the PC edition on her OWN accord, not RMD's.

The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !
Old 12-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #1290
Mirror Peak

Quote:
Well, it kinda looks like its finally coming. OpenSteamWorks-AlanWake .

Now, i know Remedy's not speaking but i know that it is coming, so Remedy dont expect alot of sales this time around because of what you and M$ partially did to us back then and also the fact that its been been nearly 2 years since the launch of the 360 ver. Just wanted to say so that M$ and maybe you dont start again bitching about PC Piracy and all that shit. This release may have restored some of the Respect from the PC community but dont expect to anything to change after all that Horrible things that happened in the past. You were once a PC great but never again in this lifetime.
Why are you taking this so personally?
Old 12-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #1291
khawaja007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannosukeGR View Post
@khawaja007, please, don't blame RMD, because it wasn't their decision for the publicity. It was M$'s decision. To not say anything, means, IMO, that they're having a commission between them discussing about it. They didn't abandon it, and I believe in them. M$ did abandon the PC edition on her OWN accord, not RMD's.
You see iam not totally blaming RMD for what happened but still they some maybe little part in it too afterall they're both partners both sides HAVE to agree to do literally anything. I accept now that what mostly happened was M$'s undoing not Remedy's. But you see these wounds do not heal to quickly they take take time.

Quote:
Why are you taking this so personally?
Nothing personal just as a former Remedy fan who was involved mostly with all the Remedy franchises and loved them to death. Believe me they're a great talented bunch of people which you do not find that easily in the gaming industry these days. I have the utmost respect for them as individuals and as Developers thats why i never used a single abusive word against them even when the Bizarre suspension of the PC version happened. But i do have complaints against them only as a fan But M$ is totally different. Basically M$'s name is not regarded as the most famous supporters of PC gaming as you know. I obviously have a rightful grudge against them and them being involved with such a dedicated & honest dev. makes me sad :/
Last edited by khawaja007; 12-13-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:51 PM   #1292
Mirror Peak

Quote:
Nothing personal just as a former Remedy fan who was involved mostly with all the Remedy franchises and loved them to death. Believe me they're a great talented bunch of people which you do not find that easily in the gaming industry these days. I have the utmost respect for them as individuals and as Developers thats why i never used a single abusive word against them even when the Bizarre suspension of the PC version happened. But i do have complaints against them only as a fan But M$ is totally different. Basically M$'s name is not regarded as the most famous supporters of PC gaming as you know. I obviously have a rightful grudge against them and them being involved with such a dedicated & honest dev. makes me sad :/
Well you're kind of acting like Remedy put you on a cattle car in Nazi Germany when all they did was not make a videogame for computers. It's just a videogame dude.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #1293
khawaja007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror Peak View Post
Well you're kind of acting like Remedy put you on a cattle car in Nazi Germany when all they did was not make a videogame for computers. It's just a videogame dude.
Lol, no its not like that. But obviously you don't know about the relationship between Remedy and the PC community as we do. So, what you're saying is valid in your viewpoint. Again Nothing personal .
Old 12-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #1294
vague_hit

Quote:
Lol, no its not like that. But obviously you don't know about the relationship between Remedy and the PC community as we do. So, what you're saying is valid in your viewpoint. Again Nothing personal .
Hi, I think I understand the relationship between Remedy and the PC Community personally. I've been a fan since their demo work at 'The Party' (though I didn't see 'second reality' till '96, I knew it's significance). My cousin and I used to thrash Death Rally on the 486 all the time. I bought Max Payne on the day it came out based on a trailer I saw on a PC Powerplay coverdisk and was blown away.. since then I've played a multitude of bizarre mods for it (remember that giant teddy bear head one?), bought Max Payne 2 then held out for a while on Alan Wake, before finally giving in and buying an Xbox to play it.

Yes, I realise that there is a 'better experience' on the PC, that I have a much better graphics card, that I can play in a high resolution (2560x1440 in my setup). Yes, I am aware of the 'war' between consoles and PCs and yes I have heard the inane argument that 'Microsoft doesn't care and has never done anything for PC gamers'.

I went out and bought the xbox 360 and Alan Wake because I wanted to support the developer, Remedy, and I wanted to hear the stories they have to tell. At some point ego needs to be put aside and you need to just appreciate the art from your favourite storyteller without throwing a fit that it's not in the medium you normally appreciate.

Not once during my play through did I think 'man, this would be so much better on my monitor with AA and AF turned right up'. I'll admit to once or twice wishing I had a mouse to target people but it's not really that target heavy to begin with anyway, and once you have a strategy down fights are pretty straightforward.

But the story blew me away. The episode format blew me away. The game was special and it was worth both the outlay for the xbox 360 ($100 second hand) and the move out of my comfort zone, PC gaming, to a console. In the end, who cares? It was fun and now I've got something to play netflix from. And occasionally replay max payne. I'l;l admit I've also gotten sucked into red dead redemption..

All up, Max Payne was always 'THE Game' I'd load up to show off PC gaming on my (then hardcore) 19" flatscreen crt, in amazing 1600x1200 resolution. People would sit and watch me play, who weren't into gaming, and they'd watch this amazing story unfold. I had a few similar experiences with Alan Wake. Remedy are masters of such experiences, don't snub them because of your computer politics.

And that's my last word

--

sorry, I just saw the steam screencap posts. Well, I hope it's true because I'll definitely buy it! And it's plain ridiculous to say that most pc gamers will be not buying it based on Remedy's 'betrayal' to the PC Industry. A hell of a lot of people will buy it who don't already have an xbox box, mostly because of their memories of Max Payne. Not all the buyers out there are teenagers with entitlement issues and skewed notions of what they are 'owed' by game developers..
Last edited by vague_hit; 12-13-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: final point
Old 12-14-2011, 03:48 AM   #1295
Skip

Wouldn't it be awesome if, say in the next year or so, a PC version is released around the same time American Nightmare hits the Arcade, thus creating lots of buzz and bringing Alan Wake back to the forefront of gaming where it belongs! *ends glorious daydream*
Old 12-14-2011, 05:47 AM   #1296
ryamkajr

Wow. Someone has taken personal "butthurt" to a whole new level...
Old 12-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #1297
khawaja007

Quote:
Originally Posted by vague_hit View Post
Hi, I think I understand the relationship between Remedy and the PC Community personally. I've been a fan since their demo work at 'The Party' (though I didn't see 'second reality' till '96, I knew it's significance). My cousin and I used to thrash Death Rally on the 486 all the time. I bought Max Payne on the day it came out based on a trailer I saw on a PC Powerplay coverdisk and was blown away.. since then I've played a multitude of bizarre mods for it (remember that giant teddy bear head one?), bought Max Payne 2 then held out for a while on Alan Wake, before finally giving in and buying an Xbox to play it.

Yes, I realise that there is a 'better experience' on the PC, that I have a much better graphics card, that I can play in a high resolution (2560x1440 in my setup). Yes, I am aware of the 'war' between consoles and PCs and yes I have heard the inane argument that 'Microsoft doesn't care and has never done anything for PC gamers'.

I went out and bought the xbox 360 and Alan Wake because I wanted to support the developer, Remedy, and I wanted to hear the stories they have to tell. At some point ego needs to be put aside and you need to just appreciate the art from your favourite storyteller without throwing a fit that it's not in the medium you normally appreciate.

Not once during my play through did I think 'man, this would be so much better on my monitor with AA and AF turned right up'. I'll admit to once or twice wishing I had a mouse to target people but it's not really that target heavy to begin with anyway, and once you have a strategy down fights are pretty straightforward.

But the story blew me away. The episode format blew me away. The game was special and it was worth both the outlay for the xbox 360 ($100 second hand) and the move out of my comfort zone, PC gaming, to a console. In the end, who cares? It was fun and now I've got something to play netflix from. And occasionally replay max payne. I'l;l admit I've also gotten sucked into red dead redemption..

All up, Max Payne was always 'THE Game' I'd load up to show off PC gaming on my (then hardcore) 19" flatscreen crt, in amazing 1600x1200 resolution. People would sit and watch me play, who weren't into gaming, and they'd watch this amazing story unfold. I had a few similar experiences with Alan Wake. Remedy are masters of such experiences, don't snub them because of your computer politics.

And that's my last word

--

sorry, I just saw the steam screencap posts. Well, I hope it's true because I'll definitely buy it! And it's plain ridiculous to say that most pc gamers will be not buying it based on Remedy's 'betrayal' to the PC Industry. A hell of a lot of people will buy it who don't already have an xbox box, mostly because of their memories of Max Payne. Not all the buyers out there are teenagers with entitlement issues and skewed notions of what they are 'owed' by game developers..
With you the exception, i'll never come into the blackmail of M$ to buy an xbox360 console just for their game. Because of them PC gaming is in this state
Old 12-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #1298
SolidGear3

Like I said, I'll just be happy when Alan Wake / American Nightmare hit PS3 / PSN..

Hoping for Alan Wake to eventually hit PS3!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #1299
StonecoldMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGear3 View Post
Like I said, I'll just be happy when Alan Wake / American Nightmare hit PS3 / PSN..
Im in the same boat, as soon as Uncharted comes to the 360 my frown will get turned upside down .
Old 12-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #1300
Alessandro

Quote:
A game published/funded by MS on ps3? LOL
You are asking a bit too much to the goddess of fortune
You should be happy that MS has given the green light to the pc version which is already strange.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #1301
Nelsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Wouldn't it be awesome if...
*looks at avatar*

... Don Caballero!

"Following a typical nightmare pattern, I was late, desperately trying to reach my destination – a lighthouse – for some urgent reason I couldn’t remember."
Old 12-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #1302
JJesso1993

Quote:
Will never happen. Unless they get someone else to publish the ps3 version. Very very unlikely.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #1303
khawaja007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
A game published/funded by MS on ps3? LOL
You are asking a bit too much to the goddess of fortune
You should be happy that MS has given the green light to the pc version which is already strange.
Yea iam amazed how a Money-whore like M$ moved a brick & realistically allowed a PC version to happen at their helm. Still have my doubts of M$ even publishing it.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #1304
Alessandro

Quote:
Yea iam amazed how a Money-whore like M$ moved a brick & realistically allowed a PC version to happen at their helm. Still have my doubts of M$ even publishing it.
As mentioned numerous times by Remedy MS owns the publishing rights of Alan Wake 1 and has funded the development.AW AN always will be published by MS.
I do not see how these two titles will arrive on PS3.
I hope that AW sells well on PC and is not a flop like the PC version of Fable 3and Gears of war 1.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #1305
khawaja007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
As mentioned numerous times by Remedy MS owns the publishing rights of Alan Wake 1 and has funded the development.AW AN always will be published by MS.
M$ only have rights to publish Alan Wake 1 on any platform they like but not for it's sequel and future Alan Wake games.

Quote:
I do not see how these two titles will arrive on PS3.
I hope that AW sells well on PC and is not a flop like the PC version of Fable 3and Gears of war 1.
As long as M$ is there, there'll be no PS3 version. Well probably by that time both of these titles have squeezed quite a profit for M$. Have you got any source for the credibility of your statement regarding the sales of both of these games including Steam+GFWL ?
Last edited by khawaja007; 12-14-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #1306
sidetwo

Formerly of Remedy, currently of awesome.

Now that Alan Wake is now coming out on PC, we don't really need this thread.

You can see the announcement here:
http://bit.ly/un5XQb
Closed Thread