Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Alan Wake

Old 02-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
edcar007

How are the PC sales going?

So I am looking every hour on steam about the top sellers and it makes me so happy to see it on top of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and other games.
So are the sales good?
edcar007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
JJesso1993
Re: How are the PC sales going?

Would like too see some kind announcement too.
JJesso1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
djshauny1

Must be selling allright

Allthough mw3 is back on top
djshauny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
edcar007

Well until monday mw3 will stay on top.Then Alan Wake will claim back his throne!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
edcar007

Well until monday mw3 will stay on top.Then Alan Wake will claim back his throne!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
ryamkajr

I am pretty sure Remedy will never directly comment on sales (e.g., see AW on Xbox - they indirectly acknowledge hitting 1M in sales via a champagne cork popping announcement).

At a minimum, I would hope they would at least acknowledge when and if they "break even" with this, just so we can know they got enough "love" from the effort (and it would not hurt as an indirect confirmation of AW2....)
ryamkajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #7
edcar007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryamkajr View Post
I am pretty sure Remedy will never directly comment on sales (e.g., see AW on Xbox - they indirectly acknowledge hitting 1M in sales via a champagne cork popping announcement).

At a minimum, I would hope they would at least acknowledge when and if they "break even" with this, just so we can know they got enough "love" from the effort (and it would not hurt as an indirect confirmation of AW2....)
Well I am not asking for an exact number.I just want to know if the sales are satisfactory.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
MikkiRMD

Remedy

We're pretty happy with how things have been going this far.
MikkiRMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #9
retku

I hope this sell well. You guys deserve it.
retku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #10
MikkiRMD

Remedy

No disagreement from us, believe me! =)
Old 02-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #11
Wane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiRMD View Post
We're pretty happy with how things have been going this far.
What about console sales?
Wane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #12
MikkiRMD

Remedy

We're good with them, too.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #13
Kranitoko

Quote:
Any plans for an announcement on how well you guys have done in numbers?

I mean in 48 hours, you had the #1 spot on top sellers. MW3 is there now though (¬¬')
Kranitoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #14
MikkiRMD

Remedy

I am very glad to say that that sort of thing isn't my department, so I have no idea. =)
Old 02-19-2012, 12:09 AM   #15
CocoNUT

I hope sales actually exceed all your expectations.
CocoNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:18 AM   #16
Skip

I hope you guys see a great turn out on PC. I'm sure the retail release on March 2 will make sales jump quite a bit. I really hope a lot of AW newcomers purchase and visit the original after getting sucked in courtesy of AWAN
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #17
Wane

Quote:
That's good to hear.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:06 AM   #18
CabbageRed

Hopefully the sales are great, but I wonder if this is one of those games that will live an extended/second life through Steam sales (VtM:B). I'm not a fan of the genre, and it was only the combination of me being a fan of Max Payne and a fan of Twin Peaks that prompted me to buy AW on day one. Remove either of those two and AW would have been at the top of my "Buy During the First Major Sale" list.
CabbageRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:04 AM   #19
ryamkajr

Yeah, my guess is that it will drop to $20, maybe $15 during the summer sale, and get another boost then... Then $10 during the Xmas sale.

Hopefully RMD will have recouped their costs on the port by then, so it will all be gravy.

Supposition: Since MS funded the dev of the game, RMD's costs "should" have all been covered. Where they would make/break off teh Xbox sales is any milestone bonuses and of course their royalties per unit once (and if) all dev/marketing costs were met.

Since they own the IP, again, they should only be dealing with dev/marketing costs, and should recoup this part quicker, even with lower sales.

The good thing is that the audience needs to expand. many of us here are double/triple dipping to have the expierence in higher-res on the PC. Nothing wrong with that. But to support a sequel, we need to the OVERALL audience to increase - meaning new "virgin" purchases of the PC port by PC/PS3/Wii?mac gamers.

Time will tell.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #20
Paul

If we buy the game on steam, Remedy gets 70% of our money, Valve gets 30% and MS gets 0%, is that correct?

Because I hope it is. The only more ideal situation would be if Remedy got 100%, but that would only be possible if they were selling the game on their own website (and without steamworks?). Hmmm, maybe that would not be a bad idea.

Basically people should buy the PC version if they want to support Remedy, in any case. And I hope Remedy will be able to selfpublish their next PC games too. I hate it when I buy the game and most of my money goes to middle man. Which is also why I bought Witcher 2 on GOG, for example.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #21
thebestbit

Quote:

Thats good to know. Do hate it when you see someone on the net saying the game bombed.
thebestbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #22
Ke1N

I hope it sells well, because is a great game.And to actually prove that the PC gaming is not dead, and is not all piracy...
Ke1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #23
VampLena

Congratulations guys, A.Wake is number 3 on steam, i hope after all this future remedy titles will be PC too at launch.
VampLena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #24
ajRMD

Remedy

I wanted to chime in here. We are very happy with the sales and hitting #1 on Steam at launch was nothing short of amazing. We recouped our development and marketing expenses during the first 48 hours. And yes, we're certainly very excited about PC.
ajRMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:32 AM   #25
ryamkajr

Congrats!!!!

I think that is what most of us want to hear (recouping dev and marketing costs), and that the effort was worth it.

Between the 360 (or whatever is next) and PC, hopefully the audience will grow enough to support RMD's vision for the franchise and we can all have some more.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #26
Hurley1516

I'm really happy for you guys. Hope more Alan Wake will come our way (and by "our way" I mean to the pc).
Hurley1516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #27
Stemot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajRMD View Post
I wanted to chime in here. We are very happy with the sales and hitting #1 on Steam at launch was nothing short of amazing. We recouped our development and marketing expenses during the first 48 hours. And yes, we're certainly very excited about PC.
Glad to hear the risk paid off for you guys. So anything from here on out is pure profit? That's amazing!
Stemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #28
MattS

Quote:
Awesome, congrats!

Looking forward to more Alan Wake
MattS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #29
Wane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
If we buy the game on steam, Remedy gets 70% of our money, Valve gets 30% and MS gets 0%, is that correct?

Because I hope it is. The only more ideal situation would be if Remedy got 100%, but that would only be possible if they were selling the game on their own website (and without steamworks?). Hmmm, maybe that would not be a bad idea.

Basically people should buy the PC version if they want to support Remedy, in any case. And I hope Remedy will be able to selfpublish their next PC games too. I hate it when I buy the game and most of my money goes to middle man. Which is also why I bought Witcher 2 on GOG, for example.
Microsoft funded the production of Alan Wake?

http://forum.alanwake.com/showpost.p...&postcount=684
Last edited by Wane; 02-20-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Too many freaking mistakes...
Old 02-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #30
Wane

Quote:
Party time!

Old 02-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #31
Morry

Volunteer Moderator

Quote:
No way! Party on, dudes!

Remedy's currently known projects:
Quantum Break - 2015
Agents of Storm - 2014
Morry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #32
PKM

Congrats Remedy you deserve it such a great game.
PKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #33
Shimec

I honestly doubt that PC sales will top Xbox sales figures (without all Microsoft marketing, and game being two years late for PC), but it's a great to hear that after only 2 days PC port paid itself. It's profit time for you at Remedy, and hopefully that will give you enough trust for PC gaming community not to makes us wait a lot for your next project.
Congratulations on work well done!

I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings.
Shimec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #34
Daz1967

Quote:
That really is fantastic news considering how much negativity generally surrounds PC releases due to piracy.

I bought the game last week and will also be picking up the retail Collector's Edition when it is released in March. I'm only part way through Episode 4 at the moment but I think the game is absolutely terrific.

Hopefully, these encouraging PC sales figures for Alan Wake will mean that we'll also get American Nightmare at some point?

Intel Core i7-920 @ 3.8 GHz, ASUS P6T Deluxe, 12GB RAM, GeForce GTX 680 SLI, X-Fi Titanium HD, 256GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot), 3TB Samsung hard drives, 2 x Samsung BD/DVD rewriters, Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
Daz1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #35
edcar007

Quote:
You hear that Microsoft?
Old 02-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #36
khawaja007

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcar007 View Post
You hear that Microsoft?
Nah, they can only hear you while sitting on their comfy couches and counting their Huge list of Xbox360 exclusive games.
Last edited by khawaja007; 02-20-2012 at 02:18 PM.
khawaja007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #37
Spong

Absolutely fantastic news AJ. Here's to hoping the sales and popularity sees more Alan Wake coming our way soon
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #38
djshauny1

Great news
djshauny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #39
ttttkk

Don't you ever look down on pc sales like M$ does !
Last edited by ttttkk; 02-20-2012 at 03:48 PM.
ttttkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #40
THE SHREDDER

Quote:
i am very happy for this! I am playing it on pc now and i am close to finish it. It is so much better than 360 version! Now you need to convice Microsoft to allow you to release American Nightmare on pc too!
THE SHREDDER is offline   Reply With Quote