Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Alan Wake > Alan Wake Gameplay Discussion

Old 01-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #1
Katesun
Question about Barry *spoilers*

Hi everyone I'm new here, I have have completed the game and the two bonus games. I was wondering is Barry evil or was that Alan's imagination?
Katesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
MikkiRMD

Remedy
Re: Question about Barry *spoilers*

You mean, in The Writer? That was Wake's imagination. It's not really Barry, it's just a piece of Wake's memories given form by the Dark Place.
MikkiRMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
Nelsh

Don't worry, I have a feeling Barry will be back at some point.

"Following a typical nightmare pattern, I was late, desperately trying to reach my destination – a lighthouse – for some urgent reason I couldn’t remember."
Nelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
Skip

He better be!
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #5
Hunter6

My question about Barry is-what happened in the Well-Lit Room after Wake left?

According to a manuscript, it seems like Barry almost killed Sarah (Or the other way around). So what happened there?
Hunter6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
MikkiRMD

Remedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter6 View Post
According to a manuscript, it seems like Barry almost killed Sarah (Or the other way around). So what happened there?
Well, that's something we just might reveal a little more about sometime soon, as it happens. Can't say anything else about that yet, though!
Old 02-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
Hunter6

Oooh... Spoilers!

My theory is as follows-With nothing left to really lose, Sarah tells Barry about that wierd "Secret Society" hinted at in the Signal. Barry, somehow miffed (Either by having Sarah say that they knew this was going to happen, or something along those lines), pulls a gun out iwth the intent of killing her. However, he has no real murderous intent, and is rather more concerned about Alan's survival than getting some futile form of revenge.

I have a question though-So, in "American Nightmare", he's the manager for Old Gods of Asgard. First of all, is this a new band, or is he re-selling the old music? If so, does that mean that he's unintentionally spreading word about what happened at Bright Falls? And also, why isn't he concerned over Alan's apparant death? Is he confident that he'll return because the Dark Presence has been stopped for the moment, or is he just hiding it really well?
Last edited by Hunter6; 02-17-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Additional thoughts added.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
On2wheels

Is the voice of Barry the same guy from Max Payne 2 who wore the big head suit?
On2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #9
Hunter6

I looked at the Manuscript I was mentioning again, and it looks like Barry was doing more than readying to shoot her-he was trying to prevent her from catching up to Alan.

Again, I don't know what this is implying, but it means certainly something. Evidently, she wanted to stop Wake for some reason. Perhaps her "secret society" or whatever thought it could control the Dark Presence like Hartman?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #10
MikkiRMD

Remedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
Is the voice of Barry the same guy from Max Payne 2 who wore the big head suit?
Yeah, that's Fred Berman. Fred's awesome.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #11
On2wheels

Yeah he is! And the voice of Tom (Zane?) is James McAffrey! Cool!
On2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote