Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Alan Wake

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
mexrage
Are Latinamerican voices included on the PC version?

Hello, I wanted to ask if the Latinamerican dub of Alan Wake is going to be included in some way for the PC version, because on the xbox360, just as many microsoft published game, there was a version for latinamerica with voice acting made here (as the spain's spanish is very diferent from latinamerican).
Old 02-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
MarkusRMD

Remedy
Re: Are Latinamerican voices included on the PC version?

Steam's system doesn't recognize option for two different Spanish languages. We do have all the localized data from original Alan Wake so we could very well ship that too if we figure out a way to work it in to Steam.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
mexrage

Yeah, i have noticed that issue with other games on steam that have both spain and latinamerican voice track (Darksiders being one of the biggest example). I hope there is a solution for that. Because the latinamerican dub for Alan Wake was excellent and it's kinda of a big deal to people in Latinamerica, because there are very few games with it (and it's very distracting and ackward to have the spain voice track for us, even the subtitles translated from spain is very distracting)
Old 02-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
Suite

I too am waiting for this specific voiceover. Please try to work something out with Steam!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
mexrage

Maybe a optional patch from Remedy to replace the voice track from spain into the latinamerican would work, but it may mess up things with steam's verification of game cache.

I have the American version of the 360 version (i live near the border and console games on mexico on retailers cost up to 50% more than on USA and i didn't knew that Alan Wake had a latinamerican dub). I would actually buy the game again for PC if i can get the latinamerican dub for it, also as a support for latinamerica's voice over for games, because i wish/want more games being dubbed here instead of only on spain
Last edited by mexrage; 02-16-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:53 AM   #6
MikkiRMD

Remedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexrage View Post
I have the American version of the 360 version (i live near the border and console games on mexico on retailers cost up to 50% more than on USA and i didn't knew that Alan Wake had a latinamerican dub). I would actually buy the game again for PC if i can get the latinamerican dub for it, also as a support for latinamerica's voice over for games, because i wish/want more games being dubbed here instead of only on spain
Well, actually, the Xbox 360 version already includes the Latin American Spanish version. If you change your system language appropriately, you can play with that. =)
Old 02-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
neizel

Any posibility to create a patch or upload the files with the voices soon?
Old 02-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #8
Mildain

Wait, so as of right now, our "Spanish" language option is the Spain dub and translation? Can people please confirm this? (Already bought and downloaded the game from Steam, but won't be home for a couple of days).

If it's the spanish dub, that's a massive letdown. I found the latin american dub much more enjoyable than any other dub when I played it on 360.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #9
MikkiRMD

Remedy

Again: we have the required files for the Latin American Spanish version, but because Steam doesn't recognize that as a valid language option, we have no way of getting them to you. This is a Steam issue that also affects a number of other games. We'll try to figure out a way to do something about this, but since we can't change the way Steam works, that might not be possible.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #10
mexrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiRMD View Post
Well, actually, the Xbox 360 version already includes the Latin American Spanish version. If you change your system language appropriately, you can play with that. =)
sadly, the Alan Wake version sold in USA doesn't have the latinamerican track, only the one sold on latinamerican retailer from what i know. If i change my system language it will be either spain spanish or it will keeping the english track from what i know (infact the cover box for Alan Wake in latinamerican retailer advertise it as "100% en español" and seems to lack the english track)
Old 02-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #11
sebaeer

Quote:
Again: we have the required files for the Latin American Spanish version, but because Steam doesn't recognize that as a valid language option, we have no way of getting them to you. This is a Steam issue that also affects a number of other games. We'll try to figure out a way to do something about this, but since we can't change the way Steam works, that might not be possible.
Hi!, sorry for the intrussion. I have absolutely no idea how steam and your team works. But i think, and correct me if i'm wrong, that the solution could be easier. Can you free the 2 files of the Latin American Language by direct download?, I think that a few thousand eyes are better than a few dozens to solve the problem. You could give us the files and we can work it out to make it work. Maybe replace the spanish files with the latino files and change the name so steam "reads" it at the original ones.. I don't know, i'm sure that plenty of people will figure it out how to make it work.

I'm waiting forward to a solution. I REALLY want to play this game on latino language. I've played it on english on my xbox (wich i don't have anymore) a few years ago and I absolutly don't understand ANYTHING. It's a very complicated dialect for intermedian english speakers like me.

Thank you .
Old 02-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #12
Mildain

Yep, I guess that would work.

Actually, if you mess a little bit with the config file, you can get the prerendered cinematics to use the Latin American dub, but that's it.

Anyway, I'm sure Remedy will find a suitable solution for this in time, we just have to wait a little.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #13
MikkiRMD

Remedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebaeer View Post
Hi!, sorry for the intrussion. I have absolutely no idea how steam and your team works. But i think, and correct me if i'm wrong, that the solution could be easier. Can you free the 2 files of the Latin American Language by direct download?, I think that a few thousand eyes are better than a few dozens to solve the problem.
Unfortunately, this is not going to work. To quote myself from another thread:

"From what I understand, the problem with this is that because the files wouldn't match what Steam is expecting them to be, it would then decide that your files are corrupted or old, and update them to the "latest version" -- which would be the unwanted localizations, of course. It's a pretty tricky problem, but we're looking into it."
Old 02-20-2012, 04:13 AM   #14
niczerus

any posibillity to upload the files ??? not in steam (In servers for ejemple rapidshare , Mu , etc or torrent) , one of the reason to buy this game for me is the awesome dubbing in latin spanish .
sorry for my bad english .
Old 02-20-2012, 05:27 AM   #15
Sh466y

I have some ideas for the Latin American Spanish:

1. Download the 2 latin american in-game files
2. Based in the Alan Wake PC Wiki Link, in command launcher put: "-locale=esm"
And that's it, The game will load in Latin Spanish.

If these steps doesn't work, make a launcher, like the PC version of L.A Noire.

Thanks.
Last edited by Sh466y; 02-20-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #16
niczerus

Yes , the files necessary in theory is :

ep999-000-esm.bin
ep999-000-esm.rmdp
Old 02-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #17
MarkusRMD

Remedy

We will figure out a way how to make LatAm Spanish available for everyone, but unfortunately we can't get it done during this week. Hopefully during next.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #18
niczerus

Thanksss .
Old 02-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #19
SkyNet

Please! Do so, I want the LatAm Spanish track so bad.
One solution would be a Ingame language switch. Also, the command line is a pretty good option. But for less trouble specially for people that don't know about commands stuff, the Ingame switch is a A no-brainer.

Please.

Greetings. An Argentinian Alan Wake fan and gamer.
Cristian.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #20
Efren93

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusRMD View Post
We will figure out a way how to make LatAm Spanish available for everyone, but unfortunately we can't get it done during this week. Hopefully during next.
So, do the non-Steam digital versions have latin american voice acting?
Old 02-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #21
mexrage

thanks markusRMD, is good to know remedy is actually doing something for latinamerican players who are often ignored by publisher/developers =D
Old 02-23-2012, 05:39 AM   #22
cmoyano

i registered on thsi forums just to say that i would love to have latin amrican spanish..i will replay the game in this! looks amazing at how they dubbed it, they put some effort and love and some recognizable voices. I mean, Vegeta as alan wake? doesnt get any better than that, make it happen if not ill go with my pitchforks to valves office!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:01 AM   #23
MarkusRMD

Remedy

Is it ok for the community if we use regular Spanish for the new PC menu strings (i.e. resolution setting, error messages, etc) - if you think that's bad idea can you recommend somebody in the community to translate these for us.

It's not a lot of work, but will take a few hours.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #24
SkyNet

I can translate it LatAm Spanish, you just need to tell me what to do.
Unless people don't want me to do it. I don't have problems to spend a couple of hours on this.

Thanks Markus.
Last edited by SkyNet; 02-23-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #25
sebaeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusRMD View Post
Is it ok for the community if we use regular Spanish for the new PC menu strings (i.e. resolution setting, error messages, etc) - if you think that's bad idea can you recommend somebody in the community to translate these for us.

It's not a lot of work, but will take a few hours.
For me is ok. The important thing here are the voices, text can remain in spain spanish. For me at least it's not important at all.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #26
SkyNet

I disagree with the subtitles left in Spanish from Spain.
But, that's opinion i guess.

@MarkusRMD
Waiting for your response, thank you.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #27
MikkiRMD

Remedy

The subtitles are not a problem, we have those already translated -- it's just that there are new PC-specific menu items, and of course the Xbox 360 translations we have aren't valid for those.

Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD
Old 02-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #28
SkyNet

I understand.

I'm totally up for this.
Again, I'm waiting confirmation from you guys.
Last edited by SkyNet; 02-23-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #29
sebaeer

Quote:
The subtitles are not a problem, we have those already translated -- it's just that there are new PC-specific menu items, and of course the Xbox 360 translations we have aren't valid for those.
Those items can remain in spanish. The translation from items like "options", "configuration" "ambiental oclusion" "resolution", etc etc etc, are identical in spain spanish that in latino.
Last edited by sebaeer; 02-23-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:07 AM   #30
niczerus

Any notice for this ?
Old 02-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #31
mexrage

i don't mind if stuff like menu/options are on spain's spanish. As it isn't a inmersion breaker for me because those aren't in game
Old 02-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #32
Crypticmx

I think only some things need to be adjusted as far as menu text goes, like some episode titles, to help keep the latin american spanish feel to the game. I'm also up for the translations, maybe SkyNet and i can split the work. Just make the latin american in-game voices a reality
Old 02-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #33
SkyNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypticmx View Post
I think only some things need to be adjusted as far as menu text goes, like some episode titles, to help keep the latin american spanish feel to the game. I'm also up for the translations, maybe SkyNet and i can split the work. Just make the latin american in-game voices a reality
I wouldn't mind

We want the same thing. The game with the Latin American Voices/Texts.

Even though, I will be honest. I play my games with the Original VO, I want this translation so my friends buy the game too. They won't as they don't like the Spanish Spain voices in any games at all. And they don't Understand English either nor like to read subtitles.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #34
matitas911

Hola soy de argentina y particularmente me molesta en gran manera el acento español, me encantaria tenerlo en latino que me encanta tambien por la calidad de los actores del doblaje, ojala puedan hacer algo!!!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #35
Crypticmx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
I wouldn't mind

We want the same thing. The game with the Latin American Voices/Texts.

Even though, I will be honest. I play my games with the Original VO, I want this translation so my friends buy the game too. They won't as they don't like the Spanish Spain voices in any games at all. And they don't Understand English either nor like to read subtitles.
Exactly my toughts, i almost always play with the original voicing as i like it better, but a lot of people have told me they loved the latin translation and that would make them buy it for the PC.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #36
Mildain

Quote:
Originally Posted by matitas911 View Post
Hola soy de argentina y particularmente me molesta en gran manera el acento español, me encantaria tenerlo en latino que me encanta tambien por la calidad de los actores del doblaje, ojala puedan hacer algo!!!
No te preocupes, ya Remedy anunció que van a ver como incluir el doblaje latino en el parche de esta semana.

Habiendo dicho eso, tratemos de mantener esto en inglés, que no debe ser cómodo para los admins.

That being said, I'm (im)patiently waiting for this week's patch! I'm really grateful that Remedy is willing to go the extra mile for their customers. Now that it's happening it seems like the "normal" thing to do, but a lot of developers would be ok with just porting the game to PC and be done with it, leaving an optional language option out because it's a hassle to put it on Steam.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #37
MarkusRMD

Remedy

Well, we trust you guys share the good message and we get more people to buy and enjoy the game! Just testing this btw...
Old 02-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #38
SkyNet

Can't wait for the patch!
Thanks Remedy!

BTW
Do you guys still need someone to translate things? I'm still up for that.
Last edited by SkyNet; 02-28-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #39
ROBINHO25

Waiting for Latin voices patch...Epic Game!! Thanks Remedy!!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #40
Thonet.~

I stopped playing, waiting for latin voices patch!
Last edited by Thonet.~; 02-29-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Closed Thread